Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Can't C Me?????  (Read 1069 times)

Okka

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Can't C Me?????
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 02:30:23 AM »
Ice Cube was supposedly on the original version of California Love.

I thought the original version was just Dr. Dre with 3 verses? I think DJ Jam has the record.

Blasphemy

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 03:44:30 AM »
Ice Cube was supposedly on the original version of California Love.

Nope.

Ice Cube was only on Death Row (wasn't signed just recording with em) to do Heltah Skeltah. Dre was to produce/rap, Ice Cube and DOC Were going to write it.

OG California Love contained 3 Dre verses, and was created and suppose to be a track for The Chronic 2 Poppa's Got A Brand New Funk. I think it was around 94-95, cause they did have a Vinyl pressed for the executives but I heard it wasn't a full length album.

Okka

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 04:37:48 AM »
There's still so much dope shit in the vaults, i hope all of the material will get released or leaked one day.

Efrain

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 06:29:53 AM »

Whoa hold on. I know "Got My Mind Made Up" and "Can't C Me" were originally Dogg Pound songs. And I know "California Love" was a Dre solo. But what about "Skandelous", "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted", "Only God Can Judge Me", "Late Night", and "Ambitionz as a Ridah"?

Well according to Daz, everything he contributed to All Eyez on Me was originally intended for Dru Down. He said specifically "Skandelous" "Ambitionz as a Rider" and "2 of Amerikaz most Wanted" were ALL originally intended to sell to Dru Drown, who had called him and asked for tracks from their new album.
Whether any vocals were ever recorded by Dru Down prior to Pac recording his, I don't know. But Daz had those beats done before 2pac signed to Death Row. "Got my Mind Made Up" was originally a Dogg Pound song, "Can't See Me" was originally a Dre & Cube song, then a Dogg Pound song, then 2pac recorded his vocals over it. "Late Night," a song recorded for All Eyez on Me, was originally a 2nd II None song "Lets Get Higher" produced by Quik around the time he was working in Death Row's studios.

"Only God Can Judge Me" was originally a song called "Funkin' in the Back Seat" (something like that) by ?? (forget). But it was a completely different finished song by another artist.

I'm positive Daz said him and Pac did "Ambitionz As a Ridah" together in the studio right after Pac got out of jail.  And "2 of Amerika'z Most Wanted" couldn't have possibly been a left over.

They RECORDED the song together after 2pac got out of jail. I.e. they recorded vocals for the song when 2pac got out of jail. The beats were already done. And as aforementioned, intended for other people prior to 2pac's signing to Death Row.

And those above are just the ones we knew about, who knows if people like Johnny J, QDIII and DJ Pooh had their beats done already for some other album. Presumably most would considering 2pac came out of jail, then in two weeks had 3 albums+ worth of material ready to go.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »
hes right, but george clinton and pac redid it  (clintons vocals were redone)

George Clinton didn't redo anything. Pac just jumped on the previous incarnation of the track. Death Row engineers edited out parts of George Clinton's vocals, some of the backing vocals, and scrapped Dre's original bassline and drums to make it less g-funk sounding.

George Clinton laid down vocals for that song in May of '93, the same time Doggystyle was being recorded. Pac came in and recorded verses for his All Eyez on Me version two years later... the same way he did with "Got my Mind Made up" "skandelous" "2 of Amerikaz most wanted" "only god can judge me" "california love" "late night" "ambitionz as a ridah" etc etc. .. Pac wrapped up that album in like 3 weeks and he did it because he 1/2 of what he used was all the dope shit sitting in the DR vaults that was shelved from previous projects.    

Whoa hold on. I know "Got My Mind Made Up" and "Can't C Me" were originally Dogg Pound songs. And I know "California Love" was a Dre solo. But what about "Skandelous", "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted", "Only God Can Judge Me", "Late Night", and "Ambitionz as a Ridah"?

I'm positive Daz said him and Pac did "Ambitionz As a Ridah" together in the studio right after Pac got out of jail.  And "2 of Amerika'z Most Wanted" couldn't have possibly been a left over.

"only god can judge me" came from a song called "funkin in the backseat"

but the rest of those songs wer ePac OG's  outside of cant c me, mind made up, don't stop and cali love

that nigger is just hatin'
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

THEREALBWS

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 01:37:09 PM »
There's still so much dope shit in the vaults, i hope all of the material will get released or leaked one day.

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »
damn, daz produced can't c me??? but if thats true why does pac say dre on the real track?
wtf dre, taking credit for that dope beat.

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 04:30:09 PM »
actually thinking about it, imma fool for not believing my friend when he told me that cuz why the fuck would pac have a song called can't C me? when he was affiliated with bloods?
simple common sense should have told me that haha

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 04:44:11 PM »
damn, daz produced can't c me??? but if thats true why does pac say dre on the real track?
wtf dre, taking credit for that dope beat.
daz didnt produce it

it was a Dre produced track that Suge made them take off cuz he wanted the DP 1st album to be all daz production
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »
oh ok word i see. that makes sense now

JD Bastin

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 10:30:17 AM »
cant c me og hit ya boi up