Author Topic: Knoc-Turn'Al - Rock The Party (Produced By Scott Storch)  (Read 2975 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: Knoc-Turn'Al - Rock The Party (Produced By Scott Storch)
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 07:39:55 PM »
so treacherous is supposedly sitting on two complete albums....................

lol your such an idiot it's unbelievable. So your telling me in their five year run the reason Treacherous hasn't released any albums is because there not done? Knoc-turn'al has not put together (two) albums/street albums with the 400 songs he's made in 4 years? Crooked I never finished BOSS? Jayo Felony never finished anything? How about Big Syke? Or Jayo Felony?

Dre still fucks with Knoc as friends 100%. You may just see that soon actually. Knoc was with Dre & DOC the other night, and I know he isn't lying because (Knoc doesn't even really use the computer) and he knows all about (and was talking about) The DOC's current voice situation.

We are working on finding this track.

Knoc did have stuff recorded with Eminem but it's old and I'm not sure if Knoc even still has the tracks.
And I am not blaming Treacherous, I love the people over there. I'm just stating that reason you listed is really flawed

so you're not blaming treacherous or knoc, and you are calling my logic flawed?

SMH@ this idiot 
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »
^It's not Treacherous' fault that the music industry is the way that it is right now. It's tough with distribution and releasing CD's. That is not Knoc's fault and is out of the hands of Treacherous as well, making neither of them at blame.

Uhh I don't think i'd be an idiot teenager who worked his way into the music business without any post secondary education  ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »
^It's not Treacherous' fault that the music industry is the way that it is right now. It's tough with distribution and releasing CD's. That is not Knoc's fault and is out of the hands of Treacherous as well, making neither of them at blame.

Uhh I don't think i'd be an idiot teenager who worked his way into the music business without any post secondary education  ;)

Who then is supposed to distribute the album?

Lunatic

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 07:51:20 PM »

A major label distributor which Treacherous doesn't have in place at this moment..due to the way the music industry is right now..they don't want to release it independent like that and I don't blame them one bit..it could be a decent selling project with Knoc's reputation and the guest appearances/production/potential singles..

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2009, 07:57:08 PM »

A major label distributor which Treacherous doesn't have in place at this moment..due to the way the music industry is right now..they don't want to release it independent like that and I don't blame them one bit..it could be a decent selling project with Knoc's reputation and the guest appearances/production/potential singles..

that right there is huge mistake.  If a Kurupt/Quik album is flopping, if Ice Cube's last album even sold disappointingly, then why the hell do they think major label would take a chance with Knoc?

He was somewhat known back when 2001 dropped, had a little buzz with that Dre/Missy joint but fucked that up and that EP shit and dropped the ball on Way I Am.  All that was YEARS ago.  No one checking for Knoc except real hardcore westcoast fans.

If all this delay is over waiting on a major then I don't expect his album to ever drop

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2009, 08:05:32 PM »
^Kurupt/Quik wasn't marketed properly or in a mainstream way anyway. Cube went Gold.

Elektra fucked up the EP and the album; so did L.A. Confidential. Slip Capone will be the first to tell u that. "The Way I Am" sold out in Cali on the first day..the same time Elektra fired their rap division and stores couldn't even order more copies..because there was nobody left to order from..

Knoc has a good song writing ability which can land him a hit record; go listen to that Akon joint I premiered. Nothin special to u west coast heads, but listen to that lyrics/song writing..mainstream genius

He will get a project out there

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2009, 08:10:28 PM »
^If Knoc was able to put out a new album, Dre would sign the papers for Knoc to use a track or 2 no problem

No doubt but I'm talking bout the old 2001 left overs etc, I'm sure Dre wouldn't mind Knoc using new shit, but dunno bout stuff that old?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:13:29 PM by dubsmith_nz »

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »
^If Knoc was able to put out a new album, Dre would sign the papers for Knoc to use a track or 2 no problem

No doubt but I'm talking bout the old 2001 left overs etc, I'm sure Dre wouldn't mind Knoc using new shit, but dunno bout stuff that old?
Whatever the song is, era doesnt matter, Dre would sign off on it for a Knoc album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »

Whatever the song is, era doesnt matter, Dre would sign off on it for a Knoc album.

Damn that's ill then.

And did Raw Footage go gold? That's dope if it did, I know Laugh Now Cry Later did as well..

So are they trying to get major distro for the mixtape or just for Book Of Knoc? I think doing the first one independent on E1 would be a good way to get some buzz and help secure a major for the Book Of Knoc

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2009, 08:15:07 PM »
If Raw Footage didnt go gold, it did close which is good enough numbers these days..

Just for Book of Knoc, but lookin for distro. for the tape as well..

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »
^Kurupt/Quik wasn't marketed properly or in a mainstream way anyway. Cube went Gold.

Elektra fucked up the EP and the album; so did L.A. Confidential. Slip Capone will be the first to tell u that. "The Way I Am" sold out in Cali on the first day..the same time Elektra fired their rap division and stores couldn't even order more copies..because there was nobody left to order from..

Knoc has a good song writing ability which can land him a hit record; go listen to that Akon joint I premiered. Nothin special to u west coast heads, but listen to that lyrics/song writing..mainstream genius

wasn't marketed properly? was getting ads in all the major hip hop publications, was advertised in the Best Buy ads, had leaked tracks out for a minute before it came out.

and you bringing up mainstream with Knoc?  You think the mainstream really looking for some 30+ year old underground rapper from the west?

Lunatic

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2009, 08:22:27 PM »

wasn't marketed properly? was getting ads in all the major hip hop publications, was advertised in the Best Buy ads, had leaked tracks out for a minute before it came out.

and you bringing up mainstream with Knoc?  You think the mainstream really looking for some 30+ year old underground rapper from the west?
Everything leading up to the album was fine (that's why it sold out in Cali 1st day)..it was the shipping during/AFTER the release that fucked it up..

first off knoc aint underground..and 2nd off the mainstream dont give a fuck who old u are as long as u can put out a hit record..and due to knoc's fantastic song writing, he can make hits still.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »

Everything leading up to the album was fine (that's why it sold out in Cali 1st day)..it was the shipping during/AFTER the release that fucked it up..

first off knoc aint underground..and 2nd off the mainstream dont give a fuck who old u are as long as u can put out a hit record..and due to knoc's fantastic song writing, he can make hits still.

harsh reality: today's mainstream hip hop audience DOES IN FACT give a fuck if the rapper is 30+

and you don't think Knoc is underground, I promise only hardcore raps have ever heard of, maybe if you play them the Dre/Missy track they will recognize it but they sure as hell wouldn't remember knoc being on it

I'm not trying to hate, but you need to tell Knoc that if he's waiting for major to pick him up to drop an album, Detox 1, 2, and 3 will all be out by then

Lunatic

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »
^His multiple "2001" appearances and ghost writing for Dre makes the average hip hop fan know him

Knoc ain't waiting for that, that's just the label plan. As I said if it was up to Knoc, the album be out tomorrow.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2009, 11:05:02 PM »
Keep us posted of any updates Luna, patiently waiting!