Author Topic: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...  (Read 3332 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 08:09:49 AM »
^ What are you? Atheist? Christian? Agnostic? Outta curiosity, you don't gotta answer if you don't wanna just outta curiosity.

This is so retarded. Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce, have a family, die and MOVE OVER TO LIFE AFTER DEATH? There's no evidence for that not even a hint. Why are you making yourself look stupid by putting this into context of what nature shows us anyway? This is so random...
What are you talkin' about?? How am I makin' myself stupid, did you read what you just wrote? 'Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce?' You never heard of birth nigga? Oh - my - God.

I'm not trying to convince you, cuz clearly you won't accept it. But recognize that there is only bitterness within that thinking if you feel lost and you know there's no heavenly Captain Save-A-Hoe. If you are willing to accept life as what it is from an atheist's point of view, it's just as relieving as your belief in god. Only with some sense to it.   ;D
What sense though? Here we get called out being 'selfish' becuz we think there's an all-loving God who has love for every human that walks this Earth, and yet an Atheist with so much more 'sense' is ignorant enuff to believe that there's nutthin' bigger than us, and actually claims it as fact and say well hey we live, we die.. Okay, but whatever, but we just die? And than what? You have a conscience. What happens to your soul than?? But I'm sure you say we have no soul. So see it makes NO sense to me. You don't believe we have a soul. YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHANG I WAS TAUGHT! Maybe that's why your beliefs to me go in circles, I don't know. But you cannot call us RETARDED becuz you chose not to believe in somethang you can't see. That doesn't mean it's not there. Atheists parade around like your lil belief is a fact too. Why do they act so much better than religious folk? Becuz you're assuming just as much as you claim we are.

Oh my god. I don't know.

I give up!!

My mind is being corrupted.

Blasphemy

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
^ What are you? Atheist? Christian? Agnostic? Outta curiosity, you don't gotta answer if you don't wanna just outta curiosity.

This is so retarded. Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce, have a family, die and MOVE OVER TO LIFE AFTER DEATH? There's no evidence for that not even a hint. Why are you making yourself look stupid by putting this into context of what nature shows us anyway? This is so random...
What are you talkin' about?? How am I makin' myself stupid, did you read what you just wrote? 'Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce?' You never heard of birth nigga? Oh - my - God.

I'm not trying to convince you, cuz clearly you won't accept it. But recognize that there is only bitterness within that thinking if you feel lost and you know there's no heavenly Captain Save-A-Hoe. If you are willing to accept life as what it is from an atheist's point of view, it's just as relieving as your belief in god. Only with some sense to it.   ;D
What sense though? Here we get called out being 'selfish' becuz we think there's an all-loving God who has love for every human that walks this Earth, and yet an Atheist with so much more 'sense' is ignorant enuff to believe that there's nutthin' bigger than us, and actually claims it as fact and say well hey we live, we die.. Okay, but whatever, but we just die? And than what? You have a conscience. What happens to your soul than?? But I'm sure you say we have no soul. So see it makes NO sense to me. You don't believe we have a soul. YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHANG I WAS TAUGHT! Maybe that's why your beliefs to me go in circles, I don't know. But you cannot call us RETARDED becuz you chose not to believe in somethang you can't see. That doesn't mean it's not there. Atheists parade around like your lil belief is a fact too. Why do they act so much better than religious folk? Becuz you're assuming just as much as you claim we are.

Oh my god. I don't know.

I give up!!

Christian but not really practicing, I do believe their is a god, how ever I don't believe that any bible or religion on this earth actually represents his actual plan/reason and is just Their own interpretation of God. Anyways the following is why this will never be resolved.

You believe that we each have a ssoul, were he does not, This is just another staple in both your personal beliefs that differ (if he does believe that). You can't disprove him nor can he disprove you. Its all belief/faith. He believes their is no god, we have no purpose were as you believe their is a god, and his purpose for us is something greater we have yet to attain. IMO both your sides hold grounds but neither side can ever prove its self with out clear cut research.

The chances of their being no god is ludicrous considering the Big Bang Theory is what is said the Universe was created from (the explosion), But what created the ball? Maybe not a god Like Entity but something. Now their being no Purpose is something that's probably highly probable. Look at humanities history religion, values, moral, and over all mindstate (not the spectrum) has changed constantly with each new age. The Spectrum for good and evil (even though is disputable considering the entire idea for good and evil is a man made ideal) can always change.What if god has no plan? What if he doesn't even give a shit and this is just some sorta of experiment he wants to see.

What if he has no implanted spectrum, after all this would be applicable since god would be the original (IE A clean slate, no one to push it into 1 direction or the other). What if by our standards god is simpley made humans to see us destroy our selves? Its possible Since the moment we were on this planet we could kill everything with our bare hands given enough persistence. That's if god exist. See, even if he does exist, you nor any other religion has no true evidence to explain his plan or even show who he was. So even if a god exist, doesn't automatically mean your religion is right.

Now lets say your Atheist. The universe was created via the Big Bang Theory (it could be said the ball was formed outta Existence of some Fussion based element in the emptyness of the universe, As such the Big Bang was just a bunch of dust and stuff clumped). Their was no god. Only thing controlling humans was not some faith, nor even a inner sense of moral (this again established by the on-set of the norm) but just pure raw nature.  We live, we do what we do in life and we die. Nothing more nothing less. People can debate their is a afterlife but until you see it your just believing in a unknown. As such you believe their is no afterlife. Once you die, nothing happens that Humans are not driven by souls, but just by Energy the sun gives us.

Now, both you must ask your self. Can you prove their is a god? Can you prove their is not one? In the end neither of you can't. The one factor that would turn the tide is how the universe was created. Was the ball made by god and then it exploded via his means? Or was it some sorta cosmic dust that formed it thus negating any evidence of a Holy factor. Did god do it via cosmic dust?

Fact is neither of you can prove your point. This is why its called Faith. You believe in something even though you can't support it. It goes with religion it goes with Atheist.  Either way your belief predetermines your attitude on this subject as such you'll never back down. Cause what if their was no god? What would you do then? What if their was a god? What would you do then.

Either way only thing I know is. Were on this fuckin planet. Were killing our selves over trivial bullshit. Pushing our beliefs on another and when they don't accept we mock, we ridicule, and we attack them.Most of us are so stuck up our own ass with our own morals and ideals, we'll never truly see the truth.

ikke

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »
^Stop trying to look smart, you're post are getting annoying to read...
That's like half a page to say 'Neither of you can prove there point'

You think God has to be an conscience, but does it really?
Can't it be the force keeping the universe going?

And on the 'before the big bang' issue:
I believe there may have been another universe before this one.
Like the universe is reinventing itself constantly.

Blasphemy

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:26 AM »
^Stop trying to look smart, you're post are getting annoying to read...
That's like half a page to say 'Neither of you can prove there point'

You think God has to be an conscience, but does it really?
Can't it be the force keeping the universe going?

And on the 'before the big bang' issue:
I believe there may have been another universe before this one.
Like the universe is reinventing itself constantly.

First off: Fuck you, if you don't want 2 read, don't read. Just post tl;dr and I'll just sum the bitch up.

Secondly: Yeah, that's another theory that god isn't really a being but just the force

Thirdly: Yeah, wasn't that the alternate theory that after the big Crunch, it will just explode causing a new universe. (Sorta like history repeats but on a larget scale).

Fourthly: Yes, half a page, cause if you say 1 fucking sentence people won't fucking understand it. I go out 2 the fucking store, I have a conversation on people's favorite food/taste and When I say "everyone has a different taste, so some won't like it as much as the other" They look at me like they are retarded. Sadly I've gotten used to constantly using repetitive wording just 2 get a thing across.

PS: LOL look smart? Dude, this entire forum is mainly for rap. We got dudes fighting over "Budden getting bitch slapped" or "Did budden get his ass handed to him". The moment a person tries 2 look smart on this forum is the moment they go the way of flodyness or any other crazy bitch here.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:03:04 AM by Blasphemy »

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »

Oh my god. I don't know.

I give up!!

Christian but not really practicing, I do believe their is a god, how ever I don't believe that any bible or religion on this earth actually represents his actual plan/reason and is just Their own interpretation of God. Anyways the following is why this will never be resolved.

You believe that we each have a ssoul, were he does not, This is just another staple in both your personal beliefs that differ (if he does believe that). You can't disprove him nor can he disprove you. Its all belief/faith. He believes their is no god, we have no purpose were as you believe their is a god, and his purpose for us is something greater we have yet to attain. IMO both your sides hold grounds but neither side can ever prove its self with out clear cut research.

The chances of their being no god is ludicrous considering the Big Bang Theory is what is said the Universe was created from (the explosion), But what created the ball? Maybe not a god Like Entity but something. Now their being no Purpose is something that's probably highly probable. Look at humanities history religion, values, moral, and over all mindstate (not the spectrum) has changed constantly with each new age. The Spectrum for good and evil (even though is disputable considering the entire idea for good and evil is a man made ideal) can always change.What if god has no plan? What if he doesn't even give a shit and this is just some sorta of experiment he wants to see.

What if he has no implanted spectrum, after all this would be applicable since god would be the original (IE A clean slate, no one to push it into 1 direction or the other). What if by our standards god is simpley made humans to see us destroy our selves? Its possible Since the moment we were on this planet we could kill everything with our bare hands given enough persistence. That's if god exist. See, even if he does exist, you nor any other religion has no true evidence to explain his plan or even show who he was. So even if a god exist, doesn't automatically mean your religion is right.

Now lets say your Atheist. The universe was created via the Big Bang Theory (it could be said the ball was formed outta Existence of some Fussion based element in the emptyness of the universe, As such the Big Bang was just a bunch of dust and stuff clumped). Their was no god. Only thing controlling humans was not some faith, nor even a inner sense of moral (this again established by the on-set of the norm) but just pure raw nature.  We live, we do what we do in life and we die. Nothing more nothing less. People can debate their is a afterlife but until you see it your just believing in a unknown. As such you believe their is no afterlife. Once you die, nothing happens that Humans are not driven by souls, but just by Energy the sun gives us.

Now, both you must ask your self. Can you prove their is a god? Can you prove their is not one? In the end neither of you can't. The one factor that would turn the tide is how the universe was created. Was the ball made by god and then it exploded via his means? Or was it some sorta cosmic dust that formed it thus negating any evidence of a Holy factor. Did god do it via cosmic dust?

Fact is neither of you can prove your point. This is why its called Faith. You believe in something even though you can't support it. It goes with religion it goes with Atheist.  Either way your belief predetermines your attitude on this subject as such you'll never back down. Cause what if their was no god? What would you do then? What if their was a god? What would you do then.

Either way only thing I know is. Were on this fuckin planet. Were killing our selves over trivial bullshit. Pushing our beliefs on another and when they don't accept we mock, we ridicule, and we attack them.Most of us are so stuck up our own ass with our own morals and ideals, we'll never truly see the truth.

First of all...you do make some strong points and they're a hell of a lot better than the bullshit you get from quiet ruth or her cunting mother. You are correct when u say that neither side can prove a point. I can't prove there is no god and I also can't prove theres aliens out there. But I do have eyes and ears. I know what I see and I know what I don't. Atheism carries weight whereas religion carries almost none. The weight being scientific evidence of course. Evolution is a fact. We do evolve and a billion years from now you probably wouldn't recognize our specie. Yes there is faith in atheism since it's damn near impossible to prove something exists or not when u can't see it, hear it, touch it or detect it. But wouldn't you BELIEVE that since you can't do any of these things that this thing called god is total fabrication and bullshit. We can prove the existence of Tila Tequila...we can see her, touch her and even fucc her. I wish I could say the same about god. There is no evidence that suggests there is a god. The only thing religion has is FAITH but atheism has faith AND scientific evidence. That's why our faith is not above logic and reason.

Sikotic™

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 01:37:08 PM »
Historical documents are documents that contain important information about a person, place, or event.

Most famous historical documents are either laws, accounts of battles (often given by the victors or persons sharing their viewpoint), and the exploits of the powerful.
But they actually have to happen!

There's no proof of what Noah did

There's no proof that Jews were slaves in Egypt

There's no proof israelites invaded canaan

Historical documents have to be backed up by proof. Religious documents, on the other hand, are all based on faith. If you believe those things occured then thats all gravy, but your faith in no way, shape or form proves anything, therefore, the bible isnt a historical document.
There's no proof of god's intervention in it***

There were 2 massive floods in ancient times.
1 Created the black sea the other created the persian gulf.
There could've easily been some retard who put a shitload of animals on a boat before it happend..

the bible is based on events that actually happend.
But don't forget ancient historical texts aren't that reliable either because history is written by the winners.
If you go back and read what I said, I never denied a massive flood. BEFORE it was written in the Bible, the Greeks and I believe either the Philistines, Babylonians or both wrote about a massive flood as well. Soooooooooo.....judging by QT's logic, everything the Greeks wrote about is historically accurate too.......but we know a lot fo that shit was made up so go figure.

But liek I said, the Bible has many historical inaccuracies. Til this very day, there is no proof that Israelites were held captive in Egypt. There is no proof they had a hand in building pyramids and shit. There is no proof of any plague and no proof that Moses and his people migrated around the desert for year. There is proof of other nomads and other groups being there at that time period, but lo and behold, no Jews.

There are other things too, but the exodus story is one of the crown jewels of the bible and there's no damn proof behind it. Blind faith.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

Oh my god. I don't know.

I give up!!

First of all...you do make some strong points and they're a hell of a lot better than the bullshit you get from quiet ruth or her cunting mother. You are correct when u say that neither side can prove a point. I can't prove there is no god and I also can't prove theres aliens out there. But I do have eyes and ears. I know what I see and I know what I don't. Atheism carries weight whereas religion carries almost none. The weight being scientific evidence of course. Evolution is a fact. We do evolve and a billion years from now you probably wouldn't recognize our specie. Yes there is faith in atheism since it's damn near impossible to prove something exists or not when u can't see it, hear it, touch it or detect it. But wouldn't you BELIEVE that since you can't do any of these things that this thing called god is total fabrication and bullshit. We can prove the existence of Tila Tequila...we can see her, touch her and even fucc her. I wish I could say the same about god. There is no evidence that suggests there is a god. The only thing religion has is FAITH but atheism has faith AND scientific evidence. That's why our faith is not above logic and reason.
What the fuck? Tell me the bullshit I speak. Becuz I said one thang that you gon take dead serious? Son please.

Everythang Blasphemy said was right on point. Word up.

But.

How the fuck does Atheism carry weight? Anddd please son don't be saying my points is weak when you're comparing God to Tila Tequila. Let's be real my nigga.

Blasphemy

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2009, 05:02:19 PM »
The bible can be proved scientifically on a lot of aspects (others are just plain wrong, and were probably because of it being written by man).The history is also off cause they had no tech, no carbon dating nothing, as such it was just a guest. The Bible based its self off some events, while others were just created to get a certain message across. Its also (In theory) viable (if god was 2 exist, and his exist was under the Christian denomination) that god wiped out all events in the book in order to make the bible the only tool to the true connection of the past. This (in theory) would only be applicable if the bible was truly correct.

Now you said "How does Atheist hold weight". This is because they use scientific fact for some of their rebuttals. Evolution (as previously cited) is a fact, and as such puts the entire ideal of Creationism into a state of bullshit. Now Creationism in its self (Taken literally) is flawed. Creationism can also be how stuff has changed and become into something (Wit the determination factor being evolution). Science was always seen as a blasphemy of religion, considering a serious questioning of ones faith when in reality scientific analysis could actually lead to a better understanding (maybe not the why, but how god's effect on nature works).

anyways back on topic, Atheist use of scientific fact is the reason why they hold so much weight. Cause they see it as taking out the divine factor (When in reality it could be interpreted as them explaining how it works, again that's just one interpretation) as such they negate any existence or acknowledgment of a God Entity having effect on the current subject (Evolution in this case).

C-Blue saying "Well we have proof" You have to remember, the universe is vast and their is multiple stuff we have no idea about until we discover. This includes stuff not even related to god, stuff like new Elements, Whole different laws of physics  that are not bound by ours. For all we know most of our shit is flawed and only a stepping stone to better understanding of the laws of physics, the way a planet is formed, everything is always up for grabs.

That's what scientist do, they keep testing and testing until they found something that is more accurate then what we know, or until we know for sure that the previously established findings have no more value then what we thought.

You can say "We use Scientific fact". Were the fuck is the study that shows god doesn't exist? Remember doesn't necessary have to be the "why" just the "how". Religion could be the why (if it was correct, and not fucked by the entire "Written by man flaw") and Science explains how god does it.

The entire subject will never be solved until either A huge break through in science is able to conclude those huge questions that niether side can truly explain. Another way is if god himself intervened in a huge way to the point you can't denies his existence.

Either way I think the entire subject will always be restricted to personal belief with the chances of finding cold hard evidence on both sides never happening, and all the holes you can poke through on both sides being many.  8) Guess that's why its called faith.

I never thought I'd post in this thread cause its never ending, its like a black hole though lol

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2009, 05:58:03 PM »
people of faith love to talk about the creator and all the things he supposedly created. to them he created evolution..he created space..he created the planets. but if he created all these things then who created the creator?. god does not explain the beginning of life on earth but evolution does and whats better is..IT MAKES SENSE!. that last word being something u god people seem to have no grasp over.

Blasphemy

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2009, 07:07:16 PM »
This is a pretty good TOT thread  8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »
I have no idea why Atheists are on Hip Hop music boards, if ask me, honestly. Esp. if you a mainstream Hip Hip fan.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »
I have no idea why Atheists are on Hip Hop music boards, if ask me, honestly. Esp. if you a mainstream Hip Hip fan.

what the fucc has that got to do with anything??? what...i have to believe in god if i want to bump NWA records?. i dont think you gotta brain in your fuccin head lil homie. think before you speak. bitch ass nigga

Sikotic™

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2009, 11:26:55 PM »
Hip-Hop ain't Gospel music, homie lol

And most Hip-Hop is far from anything God would want his followers listening to, right?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LAXCENTRAL

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 12:53:24 AM »