Author Topic: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...  (Read 3336 times)

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
Re: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
It ain't even just Hip Hop, it's like the whole urban culture. The black comedians, the soul singers, who the majority of them do Gospel albums, why would white people or suburban folks wanna be taken apart in this culture. Why listen to the Hip Hop, why watch a Steve Harvey show when he's pretending to introduce Jesus, why go a Etta James concert when she could break out in a gospel record. I mean shit if this was based round Atheism, shit I wouldn't want anythang to do wit it, cuz I'd feel uncomfortable. Having strong feelings against atheism yet at a comedian show or concert I'ma have to hear them talk about it, man I don't wanna hear that shit, like ya'll prolly don't, which is why I'm sayin'. But hey I guess if ya'll don't mind it for some reason, than I guess it's all good. Just fuck it. Fuck it. It's whatever.
Because its entertainment, my man. Plain and simple. Some Gospel songs sound good to my ears regardless of the message behind it. If you can't differentiate certain aspects of your life from your beliefs then life must really suck.

lol Ive seen a white guy singing along to a Kam cd...

hhahah priceless

People are confused. Last presidential election in France there was a black guy promoting the extreme right-winged party National Front.
And these fuckers are nothing but racists.  :eh:

I seen a Black man on Jerry Springer that wanted to join the KKK. He was corresponding through emails with them about joining...but they didnt know he was Black. Until they all met on Jerry...lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuuBVWo_W3U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nuuBVWo_W3U</a>

God Damn Sik!!  That is some hiliarous shit.  Only you could pull something like that off.
Time for a change...bring it!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »
It ain't even just Hip Hop, it's like the whole urban culture. The black comedians, the soul singers, who the majority of them do Gospel albums, why would white people or suburban folks wanna be taken apart in this culture. Why listen to the Hip Hop, why watch a Steve Harvey show when he's pretending to introduce Jesus, why go a Etta James concert when she could break out in a gospel record. I mean shit if this was based round Atheism, shit I wouldn't want anythang to do wit it, cuz I'd feel uncomfortable. Having strong feelings against atheism yet at a comedian show or concert I'ma have to hear them talk about it, man I don't wanna hear that shit, like ya'll prolly don't, which is why I'm sayin'. But hey I guess if ya'll don't mind it for some reason, than I guess it's all good. Just fuck it. Fuck it. It's whatever.
Because its entertainment, my man. Plain and simple. Some Gospel songs sound good to my ears regardless of the message behind it. If you can't differentiate certain aspects of your life from your beliefs then life must really suck.

hhahah priceless

People are confused. Last presidential election in France there was a black guy promoting the extreme right-winged party National Front.

I seen a Black man on Jerry Springer that wanted to join the KKK. He was corresponding through emails with them about joining...but they didnt know he was Black. Until they all met on Jerry...lol
LMFAO!!!

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2009, 07:47:20 PM »

hhahah priceless

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuuBVWo_W3U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nuuBVWo_W3U</a>

hahahaha i completely forgot about this...clayon bixby is my nigga tho

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2009, 02:43:26 AM »
Lol @ Blasphemy saying atheism is a faith. Religion is a faith. Not believing in god is not a faith. It is simply a disbelief in things that can't be proven. If you believe in science, you believe in things that have been proven. Scientists try to come up with explanations for the unknown, but don't mistake that for a belief. That's why the Big Bang is called a "theory." Just because science hasn't evolved to the point where everything can be explained, doesn't mean you should discredit it. Science is an evolving process as we discover more and more. Remember that most people believed the world was flat at one point. Science doesn't claim to have all the answers, it only has some of them, and it is in search of the rest. Maybe one day we will be able to prove how the universe was created, but not in our lifetimes. I think the problem is that people feel insecure in not having all the answers.

Religion is called faith for a reason. It doesn't explain anything using fact. It tells you what is, gives you a set of rules, and expects that you believe in it completely on faith. For some people that is a more comfortable way to live then the insecurity of not having all the answers, because you aren't expected to know all the answers with religion, you are just expected to believe that god has all the answers.

And then there are some people in between, who take certain aspects of religion and cast aside others, forming their own set of beliefs. I have a feeling that most religious people fall into this category. A lot of them still claim their faiths though. How many people in America call themselves Christians and belong to a church, yet believe in/engage in things that their Church frowns on, like premarital sex, abortion, gay marriage, etc. I happen to know quite a few. Most of the people I know are religious, and practically none of them are virgins. Lol....hypocrites.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2009, 02:51:55 AM »
And on the original post..love conquers all. Maybe this whole situation will make the girl realize there's more to life than religion. Either way, somethings gotta give. From the description, she seems pretty heavily into her religion. So either she's gonna have to lighten up about it, or she has to choose religion over love.

As far the church situation, yes she can definitely sue them and win, the question is will she?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »
Just because science hasn't evolved to the point where everything can be explained, doesn't mean you should discredit it.
And vice versa.

So reword that a little bit.... with adding the word religion along side science and there's thee sentence to end the debate.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »
Just because science hasn't evolved to the point where everything can be explained, doesn't mean you should discredit it.
And vice versa.

So reword that a little bit.... with adding the word religion along side science and there's thee sentence to end the debate.

But see, use the Big Bang Theory as an example. The reason its called a theory is because you can not prove it yet. It is only a theory, not a fact.  Christianity believes that God created everything.  There is no questioning that, it is THE truth according to Christianity. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »
And vice versa.

No, no its not vice versa at all. You didn't listen to a word I said.

Religion isn't trying to uncover the unexplained. Instead it has answers that have nothing to do with proof or logic, instead relying on a story which has been passed down from generation to generation, a story which when taken literally, is filled with holes. Its completely faith-based. Its not seeking to evolve. (but hahah, whether it wants to evolve or not, it is forced to evolve as our society changes)

Science is based on facts that have been proven. They then try to come up with theories to explain the unexplained. But none of this is accepted as fact until it has been proven. Science doesn't read stories that someone wrote and base their beliefs off of it. Its not vice versa at all. smh.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »
But just cuz some of it can't be explained by SCIENCE, doesn't mean you should discredit it. Becuz like you (Rapsodie) said Science does not have all the answers. And you can't expect it to.

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
3 can not divide 1. so how we get the holy trinity shit dont make sense. you cant put 3 into 1.
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2009, 11:49:04 PM »
But just cuz some of it can't be explained by SCIENCE, doesn't mean you should discredit it. Becuz like you (Rapsodie) said Science does not have all the answers. And you can't expect it to.

Why would science need to explain anything religious? Science doesn't need to explain religion because as far as science is concerned, god doesn't exist untill there is some evidence of one. Asking science to explain religion is like asking science to explain the invisible dragon that flies around and grants people's wishes. There's no reason to come to the conclusion that one exists.

Religion is completely faith-based and doesn't require any proof. So you should understand why a lot of people would choose not to believe in it.

Let me ask you a question. What is your take on scientology? What about Roman and Greek mythology?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:52:14 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Sikotic™

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2009, 11:57:26 PM »
QT, if the stuff in the Bible were truth, shouldn't scientific evidence support it?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Blasphemy

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2009, 02:11:17 AM »
QT, if the stuff in the Bible were truth, shouldn't scientific evidence support it?

Actually it does. Certain stuff in the bible is based of true events, and some believe its a more Fantasy version of Real life. Think of it like 300. 300 was accurate but it was extremely stylized.They said Jesus didn't make bread, but showed better farming techniques that made bread and stuff much more viable and quantity. They say him helping, could of been a early form of medicine lost do 2 the dark ages. You know, cause the library of knowledge was destroyed, and the fact that everything during that time stopped.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »
Yeah I do think that there's crazy evidence in The Bible. Like Rapsodie said about the world being flat. That's what Christopher Columbus's era believed. Yet. The Book of Isaiah.
21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
He's tellin' you the Earth's a fuckin' circle. How would they know, right? How many years later did they think the world was flat?

Doesn't Science believe we formed from a microscopic organism off the ground? Genesis.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
As Science tells us, dust in our house is mainly made up human skin cells. Which ARGUABLY proves we from dust. And they didn't have microscopes back than when The Bible was written to tell us that. They said we was from dust. Decades later a scientist took out his microscope, looked under it, and well we'll be damned, this dust contains dead skin cells.

Why would science need to explain anything religious? Science doesn't need to explain religion because as far as science is concerned, god doesn't exist untill there is some evidence of one. Asking science to explain religion is like asking science to explain the invisible dragon that flies around and grants people's wishes. There's no reason to come to the conclusion that one exists.

Religion is completely faith-based and doesn't require any proof. So you should understand why a lot of people would choose not to believe in it.

Let me ask you a question. What is your take on scientology? What about Roman and Greek mythology?

Why are you comparing God to an invisible dragon. There hasn't been a book around for decades written about an invisible dragon.

Scientology. They're f'in crazy. And Roman and Greek mythology is very inna-restin' and I like it, I think the thangs they came up wit was unbelievable. Now what about you homie? Orrr do you think everythang is ridiculous?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »
Yeah I do think that there's crazy evidence in The Bible. Like Rapsodie said about the world being flat. That's what Christopher Columbus's era believed. Yet. The Book of Isaiah.
21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
He's tellin' you the Earth's a fuckin' circle. How would they know, right? How many years later did they think the world was flat?

Doesn't Science believe we formed from a microscopic organism off the ground? Genesis.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
As Science tells us, dust in our house is mainly made up human skin cells. Which ARGUABLY proves we from dust. And they didn't have microscopes back than when The Bible was written to tell us that. They said we was from dust. Decades later a scientist took out his microscope, looked under it, and well we'll be damned, this dust contains dead skin cells.

Why are you comparing God to an invisible dragon. There hasn't been a book around for decades written about an invisible dragon.

Scientology. They're f'in crazy. And Roman and Greek mythology is very inna-restin' and I like it, I think the thangs they came up wit was unbelievable. Now what about you homie? Orrr do you think everythang is ridiculous?

Lol, the earth isn't a circle, its a sphere. A circle is still flat.

Isaiah also says: "He will gather the outcasts of Israel and bring together the scattered people of Judah from the four corners of the earth." Since when does a circle have four corners?

If there was a book written about an invisible dragon, would you believe in it then? How does writing a book about something validate it? What about the thousands of years prior to when the bible was put together?

My point about Scientology is that why should you expect people to give your beliefs any credit when you do the same thing to something like Scientology? To an atheist, Christianity and Scientology are both the same thing: religions. How is Scientology any less valid than Christianity, apart from one being around longer?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 02:40:25 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »