Author Topic: nas 2nd best album?  (Read 843 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: nas 2nd best album?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
Yeah, in some form or fashion they did because i have the disc.  If it was released as an official album it would have been Nas's greatest release.

Seriously, everyone is sleeping on Street's Disciple.  You say it's boring, I say its hip-hop in its vintage form.  Is it an album you can play in the club or bump in the car? No.  But, it is a dope album you can listen to when you want to hear a talented rapper spit.  Perhaps that's one of the major reasons I like it.  It went against the grain and just did that golden age hip-hop.  It wasn't about the flash or the hook.  It's grown folk hip-hop.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
Yeah, in some form or fashion they did because i have the disc.  If it was released as an official album it would have been Nas's greatest release.

Seriously, everyone is sleeping on Street's Disciple.  You say it's boring, I say its hip-hop in its vintage form.  Is it an album you can play in the club or bump in the car? No.  But, it is a dope album you can listen to when you want to hear a talented rapper spit.  Perhaps that's one of the major reasons I like it.  It went against the grain and just did that golden age hip-hop.  It wasn't about the flash or the hook.  It's grown folk hip-hop.
Yeah, it's a great album. Too bad it got slept on.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »
It was written...

that's my favorite Nas album.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 02:38:35 AM »
I also loved Streets Disciple. can't believe how low some people rate it. It only had like 3, 4 fillers which is very impressive for a 2 cd album. It had that mature vibe to it and the only reason why I didn't like a couple of tracks is because of the classic weird ear for beats from Nas, example: American Way ---> politically orientated and he picked a beat that Snoop would choose to rap about getting high.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 07:03:46 AM »
So last night I compiled the og track list for I am double disc in its original sequence.......as Nas intended it to be.........I will up it to this or the hookup spot 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »
So last night I compiled the og track list for I am double disc in its original sequence.......as Nas intended it to be.........I will up it to this or the hookup spot 8)
you;d get mad props for this!

on topic, It Was Written for me, by FAR.I love that album.

If I had to make a Nas compilation tho, it would be everything he did 94-95, besides Illmatic obviously.Everything he did back then was   8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 01:21:01 PM »
So for my Nas fans I  upped the correct sequence of how I am was supposed to be as a double cd. I had to seperate it into 2 files, enjoy.

Disc 1
http://sharebee.com/9e7a98f9

Disc 2
http://sharebee.com/f1053ce4

This was the exact sequence the source reviewed it in before it got leaked and he scraped it for Nastradamus.  Note: The song Hate me Now was not included because that song wasn't done until he redid the second disc and named it Nastradamus 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »
Yeah Streets Disciple is the shit. I would say I Am in it's original form but the way his albums are now, I would say It Was Written. Which is funny to me because it is probably one of his most criticized by people outside the east coast because of the mafioso tone it had to it.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 01:52:34 PM »
Streets Disciple is banging, never understood how it got so much hate. Only a few filler tracks, as one CD it would be better though. It Was Written=his 2nd best CD & God's Son is great but it's a little too slow for me. Just wish it had 2-3 more hype/crazy/gangsta tracks.
So for my Nas fans I  upped the correct sequence of how I am was supposed to be as a double cd. I had to seperate it into 2 files, enjoy.

Disc 1

Disc 2

This was the exact sequence the source reviewed it in before it got leaked and he scraped it for Nastradamus.  Note: The song Hate me Now was not included because that song wasn't done until he redid the second disc and named it Nastradamus 8)
Did you just throw the tracks together or did you actually normalize the sound volume & quality??
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:57:50 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
Agree with some others posts... Streets Disciple is a dope album, maybe the 2nd best to me.

BTW anyone know from which album "Purple" (Lost Tapes) is a leftover ?

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
Streets Disciple is banging, never understood how it got so much hate. Only a few filler tracks, as one CD it would be better though. It Was Written=his 2nd best CD & God's Son is great but it's a little too slow for me. Just wish it had 2-3 more hype/crazy/gangsta tracks.
So for my Nas fans I  upped the correct sequence of how I am was supposed to be as a double cd. I had to seperate it into 2 files, enjoy.

Disc 1

Disc 2

This was the exact sequence the source reviewed it in before it got leaked and he scraped it for Nastradamus.  Note: The song Hate me Now was not included because that song wasn't done until he redid the second disc and named it Nastradamus 8)
Did you just throw the tracks together or did you actually normalize the sound volume & quality??

Yes I did sir! Mp3 files unfortunately no FLAC

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 02:35:47 PM »

Disc 1

Disc 2

Yes I did sir! Mp3 files unfortunately no FLAC
Oh for real?? Good looking, gonna get this later but for now here's a prop.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »
I've always had Stillmatic as my fav..

Illmatic, Lost Tapes, second..

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »
It's very hard to pick Nas' 2nd best album.  I could make arguments for a few, but I'm gonna go with "Untitled".  Top to bottom, there isn't a wack joint on there.  He had to make a few label concessions like featuring Keri Hilson, Chris "lil Ike" Brown, and Game.  For a lead single, "Hero" is gonna be about as good you're gonna hear as far as these major releases go.  I've like a lot of Polow beats, in fact I've loved a few of his beats, but I was skeptical of how him and Nas would match up.  The key to that joint was Nas not compromising himself - he still spit some real shit.  That beat is bonkers so it's easy to stay focused on that rather than Nas.  But I'm rambling here, but anyway, this album is over the vast majority of peoples heads in regarding the truth of the topics that he's speakin on.  I mean i've listened to this album I don't know how many dozens of times since I bought it and I still feel like I haven't caught everything.  That's how you know a good album - when you're still pickin up new dope shit that didn't catch your ear at first.  But conceptually, lyrically, just as an entire ALBUM (those are nearly extinct btw), this just shits on damn near what anyone is doin nowadays. 

And check my history, I've been sayin for years that cats are sleepin on Streets Disciple.  Again, conceptually Nas is goin places that other cats aren't.  Gave several nods of respect to the old school to dudes like Jimmy Spicer, Doug E Fresh, and more...There are def classic Nas tracks on that album, some great concept songs, some really hard shit that Nas really ripped...If I have any knock on this, it's those 2 or songs on disc 2, the one w/ Maxwell, and I think another joint that don't fit sonically within the album.  Conceptually, that part of the album is focusing on Nas gettin married, leavin the player life behind etc.  So that aspect fit.  And even the Maxwell song was a song Nas made because he wanted to play it at his wedding, so it's not like he just threw some shit against the wall there.

Peace

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 03:52:50 PM »
It's very hard to pick Nas' 2nd best album.  I could make arguments for a few, but I'm gonna go with "Untitled".  Top to bottom, there isn't a wack joint on there.  He had to make a few label concessions like featuring Keri Hilson, Chris "lil Ike" Brown, and Game.  For a lead single, "Hero" is gonna be about as good you're gonna hear as far as these major releases go.  I've like a lot of Polow beats, in fact I've loved a few of his beats, but I was skeptical of how him and Nas would match up.  The key to that joint was Nas not compromising himself - he still spit some real shit.  That beat is bonkers so it's easy to stay focused on that rather than Nas.  But I'm rambling here, but anyway, this album is over the vast majority of peoples heads in regarding the truth of the topics that he's speakin on.  I mean i've listened to this album I don't know how many dozens of times since I bought it and I still feel like I haven't caught everything.  That's how you know a good album - when you're still pickin up new dope shit that didn't catch your ear at first.  But conceptually, lyrically, just as an entire ALBUM (those are nearly extinct btw), this just shits on damn near what anyone is doin nowadays. 

And check my history, I've been sayin for years that cats are sleepin on Streets Disciple.  Again, conceptually Nas is goin places that other cats aren't.  Gave several nods of respect to the old school to dudes like Jimmy Spicer, Doug E Fresh, and more...There are def classic Nas tracks on that album, some great concept songs, some really hard shit that Nas really ripped...If I have any knock on this, it's those 2 or songs on disc 2, the one w/ Maxwell, and I think another joint that don't fit sonically within the album.  Conceptually, that part of the album is focusing on Nas gettin married, leavin the player life behind etc.  So that aspect fit.  And even the Maxwell song was a song Nas made because he wanted to play it at his wedding, so it's not like he just threw some shit against the wall there.

Peace

well said, +1