Author Topic: More of Jay-Z’s Interview in XXL..Speaks on Jim Jones & Game ["Game, I’m his f**  (Read 1100 times)

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
Before he says These dudes are no competition.. he should compare the Leaks of Blueprint 3 with their previous albums. Blueprint 3 is really starting to turn into straight trash.

A good beat doesnt make a good song. Jay ruined a few good beats already with these leaks.

that may be so but by album number 14 you deserve to have a lil garbage in ya catalouge, the truth of the matter is his track record is filled with timeless hit records and plenty of dope ass hip hop quotables, and game cannot compare, he is no competiton, if u judge from just during the time period that game has been having jay's name in his mouth in every other verse, jay wins during that period and before and still sales more than game and has a fresher, flyer, stronger,more confident image than does jayceon

OG Hack Wilson

JIGGA YOU'RE MUSIC HASN'T BEEN TIGHT SINCE REASONABLE DOUBT 

not that Game is any better tho
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

Before he says These dudes are no competition.. he should compare the Leaks of Blueprint 3 with their previous albums. Blueprint 3 is really starting to turn into straight trash.

A good beat doesnt make a good song. Jay ruined a few good beats already with these leaks.

that may be so but by album number 14 you deserve to have a lil garbage in ya catalouge, the truth of the matter is his track record is filled with timeless hit records and plenty of dope ass hip hop quotables, and game cannot compare, he is no competiton, if u judge from just during the time period that game has been having jay's name in his mouth in every other verse, jay wins during that period and before and still sales more than game and has a fresher, flyer, stronger,more confident image than does jayceon

by "dope quotables" do you mean "recycled Biggie lines"?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
Thiz nigga Jay-Z just SPOOKED to battle Game

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG

shit the recycled biggie lines werent bad either but know im talking about shit like you must love me, girls girls girls, make the song cry,fa the love of doe(where he smashed biggie),aint no nigga like the one i got, real niggaz do real things, and the list goes on

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG

now by challenging my statement are you insinuating that game hasnt been sucking jay's dick threw out his whoel career or that he is anything more than a name dropping no topic having weirdo rapper that cant even make up his mind about who he is?

OG Hack Wilson

shit the recycled biggie lines werent bad either but know im talking about shit like you must love me, girls girls girls, make the song cry,fa the love of doe(where he smashed biggie),aint no nigga like the one i got, real niggaz do real things, and the list goes on

jay'z best songs are "bring it on"  "ain't no nigga"  "kings of NY" and "lobster n scrimp"

notice how 3 of those were made back in 1996 when he was still hungry, and the last one coldn't have been made any later than 99?  dude hasn't dropped the same heat the lsat 10 years but because of marketing gimmicks is somehow on top of the mainstream rap game at age 50

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
i admit he has lost a bit of steam but those are your opinions on what his best songs are not facts, and if anyone has benefitted from marketing gimmicks, game cant be left out of that list, he is the most over rated gimmick that marketing has thrust into the mainstream since vanilla ice. lmao 8)

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LMAO

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

jay'z best songs are "bring it on"  "ain't no nigga"  "kings of NY" and "lobster n scrimp"

notice how 3 of those were made back in 1996 when he was still hungry, and the last one coldn't have been made any later than 99?  dude hasn't dropped the same heat the lsat 10 years but because of marketing gimmicks is somehow on top of the mainstream rap game at age 50

U did not like the Black Album?

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
no matter how poorly jay performs he wins against game as long as he doesnt reduce his subject matter to every nigga in hip hop 90%of the time, thats an easy one ::)

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!

U did not like the Black Album?

That shit is a classic to me. I had that bumping today
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

eNgIeS

What would jay say if they asked about spider loc? "Who?"

Why would the interviewer ask Jay-Z about Spider Loc? Where did that question even come from? lol

There are some odd individuals on this board. 8)

I have to agree despite our difference. Even though he is probably right (in the fact that Jay wouldn't know who Spider is)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
In saying this I am a Game fan, bought all his albums, but Jay-Z got a point. It is clearly obvious that Game has a borderline man crush on Jay, at the very least he looks up to him. And it eats at him that Jay will not collaborate with him. So he goes back n forth to either diss or praise him. Like the G Unit beef, he needs to just let it go and keep it moving.

Jimmy H.

The thing is Jay understands the game too well (no pun intended there) and he kind of spelt it out. It makes no logical sense to feud with a younger underdog because even if you beat his ass on wax, you still just made his career for him. He broke it down like if he thought Game's stuff was hard enough to get him to respond, he would have as a competitive person. He more or less addressed both Game and Jim Jones and there is kind of a point because both of them came swinging with promotional possibilties so clearly in their head. Didn't Jones drop a fucking press conference for his diss or was that Cam'ron?

Whether you liked dude or not, he paid his dues. In 1999-2000, he was like a walking target. His catalog is sometimes hit and miss with me but "Blueprint" was banging and he only had like 1 guest on the whole album. "Black Album" was practically an instant classic. And whille his legendary status might be more debatable than most of his peers, his success speaks for itself. From a career perspective, Jay's sitting on top of the world. Game's still waiting to launch his own label. With the G-Unit beef played out, it seemed like he need to throw another rock but it looks to have missed its mark.