Author Topic: Busta Rhymes - The Chemo  (Read 1507 times)

Okka

Re: Busta Rhymes - The Chemo
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 04:36:14 PM »
it aint safe no more= wack for the most part
bomb =  for all parts

big bang =dope except a few traxx
genesis = best album from him in years

remixes & features = dope here n there

Yeah, "Genesis" is my favorite album from him. Busta on a Battlecat beat, that's somethin' i'd never thought i'd hear for real. "Big Bang" was good, "It Ain't Safe No More" was really weak but it had few tight tracks on it.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »
thats waz up
we have similarities in muzik here in there
but yeah genesis had a couple traxx maybe i wasnt feelin but damn album had bangers for real and again not a fan of slow traxx but damn when they are bangin like there were on this album
damn busta looks bad when releases muzik for real cuz when he makes dope albums like genesis and then he fails album after album....letdown on many levels

it aint safe no more= wack for the most part
bomb =  for all parts

big bang =dope except a few traxx
genesis = best album from him in years

remixes & features = dope here n there

Yeah, "Genesis" is my favorite album from him. Busta on a Battlecat beat, that's somethin' i'd never thought i'd hear for real. "Big Bang" was good, "It Ain't Safe No More" was really weak but it had few tight tracks on it.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Okka

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »
damn busta looks bad when releases muzik for real cuz when he makes dope albums like genesis and then he fails album after album

Yeah, that's why i said that i'm hopin' the next one ain't wack. After "Genesis" he released an weak album then he released an tight album then again he released an weak album, there's a pattern there so let's hope the next album he releases will be good :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
yeah im not bankin on it to be honest
but im glad i got krs one, rza, gza, lcn, and a few others that release muzik on the regular thats dope and you can assume it will be dope unlike busta
krs one is really outta this world wit his talent and viciousness on the mic for real
i cant count on others for dopeness eg busta even tho he says he releases the best muzik and is the best rapper alive etc....
talk is cheap

damn busta looks bad when releases muzik for real cuz when he makes dope albums like genesis and then he fails album after album

Yeah, that's why i said that i'm hopin' the next one ain't wack. After "Genesis" he released an weak album then he released an tight album then again he released an weak album, there's a pattern there so let's hope the next album he releases will be good :D
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 01:29:56 AM »
nah man, it ain't safe no more was a solid effort.people think it's weak because they expected Dre involvement again and because Genesis was indeed a superior album.But people overlook Dilla's input on It Ain't Safe No More, which was amazing.I never liked Make It Clap, the single with Mariah was alright, but both were far better than the singles he released for BOMB and shit on that will.i.am big bang single (can't remember the name lol).And besides the Dilla tracks, it ain't safe no more had some really dope songs overall
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 02:15:18 AM »
Big Bang was fuckin dope. It was a solid Aftermath cd with banging beats and everything. Dre did his job on it and it could have sold a lot more if they hadn't delayed for such long. If it was released around the time when Touch It was the shit, it would go at least platinum. But Dre had to put his touches on it. On his new xxl interview he's sayin they're working again for the new album. Chemo better be good cuz BOMB was just the last letter.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 02:30:11 AM »
Yeah Busta blows hot and cold. It seems that anytime he does his own thing and just gets on with it he drops a great LP, but anytime he chases a single and success he drops a weak album.

He's a great emcee with one of the best flows of all time, but he's just never really done it over a full album except for maybe Genesis which was superb.

Problem with Busta is too many people have tried to change him (including himself). If he just stayed with the Woo Hah style craziness and ridiculous flows like his early material he'd have some great albums. Chasing the single for the female fans has killed him.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 02:49:53 AM »
Word, Busta is now legend of the fall-offs
bus never fell off - he was always xtremely relevant in every possible aspect in the media and in the hiphop-culture. it dont mather what year it is - busta will always b featured on the biggest singles and the biggest remixes to the hottest things, always in the limelight, hands down. he kinda reminds me of Snoop - out of all the o.g.'s dat started out in the 90's, i cant think of one other artist dat never fell off commercialy besides those two. now if we are talkin "fell off" as in content of his music - dat's a diffrent story  :P

i dont feel like Bus fell off there either  :P
he just transcended, and adapted himself into multiple venuers in the musicindustry - while at the same time, never leavin. u might hear him on Pussycat Doll's next shit, but he can still go back to the projects and hook up wit Large Professor like nothin ever happened - wihtout havin anyone over there eyeball him recklessly for a second. kinda like Snoop wit his ppl - and dat too me, is the ultimate achivement for an artist. it's called "loved everywhere"

MediumL

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 02:51:00 AM »
ELE was dope just suffered from a couple wack beats here and there. Big Bang was brilliant bar three tracks. I think I need to check Genesis again but Busta and Dre have made  8) tracks before so I expect nothing less this time.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Okka

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 02:52:06 AM »
nah man, it ain't safe no more was a solid effort. people think it's weak because they expected Dre involvement again and because Genesis was indeed a superior album

Nah, i think it's weak cause i didn't like it. It has nothin' to do with Dr. Dre.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 05:29:19 AM »
nah man, it ain't safe no more was a solid effort. people think it's weak because they expected Dre involvement again and because Genesis was indeed a superior album

Nah, i think it's weak cause i didn't like it. It has nothin' to do with Dr. Dre.
same here

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 07:13:19 AM »

same here
I was talking about popular opinion, ain't nothing wrong with simply disliking it though

And IMO his first two albums were incredibly dope.ELE and Anarchy are solid efforts but not exactly my liking.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

flipmode123

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 07:24:10 AM »
Either you like or dont like any of his songs or albums, theres one thing y'all should remember:
NO major label releases albums if it isn't music that people want or talk about. Add quality to that, and you have longevity.

Busta has released albums albums on major labels since 1991.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »
releasin albums since 1991 has nuthin to do with releasin wack albums tho
he went from genesis to.....well where he is now and thats pretty sad
stop sellin out busta
Cube

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 09:18:59 AM »
Busta can do it though. Anyone hear his mixtape 'I Bullshit You Not' from 2009? It was 10-12 DJ Scratch-produced tracks with him just doing his style on them. Great mixtape.

He's got it in him to make great albums but always gets sidelined by chasing 'the single'.