Author Topic: "Street Scholars" by J Flexx and Dre.Is that eligible fo WideAwake to remaster?  (Read 534 times)

dameons

That song was a potential classic !!!

StevenQBosell

yeah, i truly wonder if his album is on any sort of WideAwake timetable; Jflexx, Sneed, Rage w/ Dre production, OG DPG leftovers (not that 2002 LT Hutton produced stuff), lol I actually wouldn't be surprised if that Hammer album comes out...

But to answer the question, it should be eligible if it was owned and © Deathrow... but now that I think of it, they may have to wipe Dre's vocals, until they clear up all of that bullshit of whether WA can release any unreleased Dre vocals on records...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:52:33 PM by StevenQBosell »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
that song seems to get a lot of love on here, i never really understood that.

Okka

I always liked "Street Scholars" and i'd like to hear it in CDQ. I hope WideAwake releases an compilation with tracks like this or just leaks it.

Digital Pimpin'

It's got the makings of a great track (the leaked version is clearly a skeleton beat) and because it has the lyrical Tyrannosaurus Rex, J-Flexx.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

It's got the makings of a great track (the leaked version is clearly a skeleton beat) and because it has the lyrical Tyrannosaurus Rex, J-Flexx.
ok, it's just that it sounded average to me.

by the way, J-Flexx has written some nice verses, but aren't you exaggerating there? :laugh:

Digital Pimpin'

ok, it's just that it sounded average to me.

by the way, J-Flexx has written some nice verses, but aren't you exaggerating there? :laugh:

lol, listen to the track and you'll know what I mean.

Efrain

It isn't listed in the assets so WIDEawake may not have it. It appears with artists like JFlexx, Sam Sneed, Dre, Dj Quick etc they have very little material, contrary to what was previously thought.

MarshColin

It isn't listed in the assets so WIDEawake may not have it. It appears with artists like JFlexx, Sam Sneed, Dre, Dj Quick etc they have very little material, contrary to what was previously thought.

Dre probably kept most of his masters after he started recording at his home around 95. The rest of the people on that list were all producers so I'm sure they probably kept/stole their masters for themselves.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

lol, shit happens when not listening from start to finish :laugh:

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Sam sneed apparently has this album, he took the masters with him. So this might not ever see the light of day.

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
they can use dr. dre beats but they cant use any dr. dre vocals

sms130

• 'G'
I really believe that in time those records will come out. It will come out just as long as the business is handle right, tha unreleased recordings by Dr. Dre, Sam Sneed, J-Flexx, etc will see tha light of day. I wanna hear tha recording 4 that Sam Sneed album. U think that J-Flexx cut was crazy, hear some of that Sam Sneed shit that's leaked from the vault. I will say that The Chronic Re-Lit is a great way 2 re-introduce tha world 2 Death Row Records.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:00:38 PM by sms130 »

Mietek23

Don't know if y'all remember that but one of Dante's projects that is still unleaked has a sampler of Sam Sneed's DR album - there are 1:30 snippets of like 11 or 12 tracks, hope it's going to leak someday...

Okka

Don't know if y'all remember that but one of Dante's projects that is still unleaked has a sampler of Sam Sneed's DR album - there are 1:30 snippets of like 11 or 12 tracks, hope it's going to leak someday...

Damn, does somebody got this sampler?