Author Topic: Get Rich or Die Tryin  (Read 288 times)

acgrundy

Get Rich or Die Tryin
« on: August 31, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »
Is this movie supposed to be somewhat based off of 50's real life?

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Get Rich or Die Tryin
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:21:16 AM »
somewhat. Majestic is supposed to be Supreme. The white rapper is supposed to be Ja Rule. Shit like that.

it was better than i expected like lol

Blasphemy

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »
It was a piece of shit. Honestly Notorious was better, but even that was a piece of shit. Now a better one would have to be 8 mile. That's the whole reason Get Rich was made. lol IMO though It goes like this

Get Rich - 4

Notorious - 6

8 mile - 9 (still some fuck ups I thought, but over all it was good.

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »
It was a piece of shit. Honestly Notorious was better, but even that was a piece of shit. Now a better one would have to be 8 mile. That's the whole reason Get Rich was made. lol IMO though It goes like this

Get Rich - 4

Notorious - 6

8 Mile has holes in the storyline for me. And Em is not a particularly good actor.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »

Get Rich - 4

Notorious - 6

8 Mile has holes in the storyline for me. And Em is not a particularly good actor.

em played his role in "8 Mile" to perfection...what holes did u find in the story?

Invincible

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »

Get Rich - 4

Notorious - 6

em played his role in "8 Mile" to perfection...what holes did u find in the story?

Ok maybe not holes but I just felt like it was missing something. Come to think of it, it is just the ending which seems a bit lacking for me. Both 8 Mile and GRODT both had poor endings.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »

Get Rich - 4

Notorious - 6

Ok maybe not holes but I just felt like it was missing something. Come to think of it, it is just the ending which seems a bit lacking for me. Both 8 Mile and GRODT both had poor endings.

i thought it was legit

Roccy

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 02:13:46 PM »
8 mile WAS legit.

Get rich or die tryin= WEAK
how it really goes down..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »
8 Mile is easily the best movie named in this thread.

Notorious > Get Rich, but not by much.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »
8 Mile is easily the best movie named in this thread.

Notorious > Get Rich, but not by much.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »

Get Rich - 4

Notorious - 6

Yeah, it was kinda hard for Em to fuck up playing himself in a movie about his life.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
8 mile WAS legit.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »
8 mile WAS legit.

I loved 8 Mile.  As for 50's movie, I honestly forgot it existed until this thread.  Still don't want to see it.  After 50 came out with his second album and then thought it was going to take over the whole rap industry, I lost any interest in the fool.
Time for a change...bring it!

acgrundy

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 10:05:19 PM »
I can't stand 50 as a rapper, but as a man I respect what he has done with his life.  I thought the movie was decent.  I haven't seen notorious, and I only seen 8 mile once several years ago...I liked it.  Neither movie is even close to classic, but both were entertaining.