Author Topic: In light of these unreleased Snoop tracks, he was the best from the west  (Read 1259 times)

acgrundy

Re: In light of these unreleased Snoop tracks, he was the best from the west
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »
snoop with dre during death row >>>>

I have to agree.

I'm a huge fan of both pac and cube, but doggystyle is better than any album they ever put out.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »
I don't know. Snoop was holding things down from the time he wrote Deep Cover until Pac came on the scene. He had really changed the game with that laid-back delivery shit. I think people tend to overlook how talented the guy is.

midwestryder

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 11:45:38 PM »
I don't know. Snoop was holding things down from the time he wrote Deep Cover until Pac came on the scene. He had really changed the game with that laid-back delivery shit. I think people tend to overlook how talented the guy is.
2pac was already on the scene before deep cover . snoop dogg was talented but was not the first to use a laid back flow.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »
Pac is the GOAT, lets just get that out of the way. 8)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 02:12:35 AM »
2pac was already on the scene before deep cover . snoop dogg was talented but was not the first to use a laid back flow.
I'm aware of both facts you brought up. Pac was around and doing his thing in those days but his name wasn't as hot as those associated with Death Row (i.e. Snoop and Dre). There were obviously rappers rhyming with a smooth flow before Snoop. Slick Rick was an obvious influence on young Calvin but I'd say it was Snoop's chemistry with Dre that a lot of the other producer-artist teams were trying to duplicate.

midwestryder

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 04:29:15 AM »
I'm aware of both facts you brought up. Pac was around and doing his thing in those days but his name wasn't as hot as those associated with Death Row (i.e. Snoop and Dre). There were obviously rappers rhyming with a smooth flow before Snoop. Slick Rick was an obvious influence on young Calvin but I'd say it was Snoop's chemistry with Dre that a lot of the other producer-artist teams were trying to duplicate.
[/quote] I'm aware of both facts you brought up. Pac was around and doing his thing in those days but his name wasn't as hot as those associated with Death Row (i.e. Snoop and Dre). There were obviously rappers rhyming with a smooth flow before Snoop. Slick Rick was an obvious influence on young Calvin but I'd say it was Snoop's chemistry with Dre that a lot of the other producer-artist teams were trying to duplicate.
[/quote]please . 2pac was hot before death row . 2pac was hot by juice & that was when his first album had came out .2pac got hotter by poetic justice & his second album then 2pac became a mega star by the time he got shot the first time & his third album .i  am from that era my friend. i am 31 years old & that means i know what i am talking about. i get around was getting as much play as g-thang , dre day & let me ride. alos 2pac was apart of the digital underground  & everybody knew who digital underground is at that time. 2pac was has as hot as as those associated with Death Row (i.e. Snoop and Dre) at the time
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:30:57 AM by midwestryder »

Blasphemy

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 05:43:33 AM »
2pac didn't get extremely famous until Me Against The World, that's what Propelled him into one of the greats (later All Eyez and Makaveli would add to his legacy, along with all the countless docs and controversy and tracks). Even then, the west coast was held down by Snoop, Dre, Eazy, Ice Cube. But Dr. Dre and Snoop had the biggest thing back then cause of how ground breaking Doggy Style and The Chronic was. Everyone was trying to emulate them, you can even hear the influence on BIGs debut.

midwestryder

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 06:17:08 AM »
2pac didn't get extremely famous until Me Against The World, that's what Propelled him into one of the greats (later All Eyez and Makaveli would add to his legacy, along with all the countless docs and controversy and tracks). Even then, the west coast was held down by Snoop, Dre, Eazy, Ice Cube. But Dr. Dre and Snoop had the biggest thing back then cause of how ground breaking Doggy Style and The Chronic was. Everyone was trying to emulate them, you can even hear the influence on BIGs debut.
please eveybody knew who 2pac was in hip hop because of juice

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 07:24:53 AM »
EVERYBODY knew who 2pac was musically when "I get around" and "Keep Ya hEad Up" came out

everyone in hip hop knew who he was because of Juice + 2pacalypse + connections to Ed Lover, Live Squad and Digital Underground
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 09:51:47 AM »
Pac is the GOAT, lets just get that out of the way. 8)

LMAO @ Pac being the GOAT, he wasn't seeing Cube on any level, the real GOAT

but Snoop during the Death Row was unfuckwitable
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
EVERYBODY knew who 2pac was musically when "I get around" and "Keep Ya hEad Up" came out

everyone in hip hop knew who he was because of Juice + 2pacalypse + connections to Ed Lover, Live Squad and Digital Underground
  There is a difference between everyone knowing who you are and being on top of the game. Pac was a pretty big name in those days but Snoop was like the poster boy for the West. I guess it's up for date but a lot of you are looking at from the perspective of what Pac became versus what he was. I'm not saying he was small potatoes back then either.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »
Back then Snoop was no.1 dude on the west, he had an amazing 5 star megahit album, controversy was surrounding him and whole deathrow camp, so yea i agree he was the biggest star at the time, but did he have better records at that time then everyone else, cannot really agree on that..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

V2DHeart

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Snoop had up to 100 extra (approx.) more than 2Pac in the Vaults. It doesn't matter though, as WIDEawake can only release 13 previously unreleased ones of 2Pac's, but can release a lot more of Snoops
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
Snoop had up to 100 extra (approx.) more than 2Pac in the Vaults. It doesn't matter though, as WIDEawake can only release 13 previously unreleased ones of 2Pac's, but can release a lot more of Snoops

isthat the Death Row vaults?

because i think we all know Amaru has interscopes vaults with plenty of classics still hidden in it
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Quadruple OG

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
Only one other person brought this up:

From 92-96, Kurupt could have rapped circles around pretty much every rapper in the industry including Snoop. Real talk, if Kurupt dropped a solo album after "New York, New York", it would be talked about in the same sentence as "Illmatic" and "Ready to Die". Since this forum is the unofficial Snoop Doggy Dogg fan club, that thought would be blasphemous, however lyrically:

Kurupt over Dre/Daz beats > Snoop over Dre/Daz beats