Author Topic: Lil Boosie: Super Bad Azz (New Interview By Me)  (Read 99 times)

Lunatic

Lil Boosie: Super Bad Azz (New Interview By Me)
« on: September 06, 2009, 01:54:26 PM »
http://www.wordofsouth.com/online/?p=1998

WordofSouth.com: What was it like growing up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?

Lil Boosie: It was rough but it paid off. There was a lot of struggle and a lot of pain but also a lot of laughter, but still a lot of pain from coming up in the real ghetto.

WordofSouth.com: You clearly rep your hometown hard. Do you take pride in making sure Baton Rouge is on the map?

Lil Boosie: Oh yeah. I was like the first one to hold it down for us and to take it elsewhere. I feel like this is my time. This is my town and I feel like I gotta’ speak my mind and hold us down or whatever. A lot of people slept on me in Baton Rouge but I’ve been able to hold it down.

WordofSouth.com: You dropped a slew of successful independent projects before going national in 2006 with “Bad Azz.” Tell our readers about your background and independent success.

Lil Boosie: My independent success started with the Concentration Camp and C-Loc. We put like 3-5 CD’s and I was buzzing real well. I was doing shows down south and it just took off from there. I did “Swerve” or whatever and all that shit. I just stayed working hard and my independent success kept piling up.

WordofSouth.com: Do you think it was that independent success that landed you major record deals?

Lil Boosie: Yeah, I think that landed me my major record deal. I think that also got me more respect from fans. They heard me and before they never saw me.

WordofSouth.com: What’s your favorite underground album of your own and why?

Lil Boosie: I wouldn’t say I would just pick one because I like to balance it out, so I wouldn’t just pick one. I feel that my mixtapes are some of my best work. I love my albums but I feel my mixtapes are some of my best work.

WordofSouth.com: Tell us about the new single “Better Believe it” featuring Jeezy and Webbie.

Lil Boosie: You know Jeezy put me on his album, a record on “The Recession” so I made it a big part to put him on my single “Better Believe It.” They knew I was coming gangsta so who better to have than Jeezy? We got together in the studio and made it happen. That’s my homie and my friend outside of rap. We just put it together and made a hit.

WordofSouth.com: Who do you think came the hardest on their verse?

Lil Boosie: Well of course myself. I feel like I came the hardest outta’ everybody.

WordofSouth.com: When is the album in stores?

Lil Boosie: September 15th is the release date. Also, I have a movie called “Ghetto Stories” coming out November 17th.

WordofSouth.com: Why did you title the album “Super Bad: The Return of Boosie Bad Azz.”

Lil Boosie: Because on this album, I have a little more money this time and I have better lyrics. Everything went up. This album is super bad. I was “Boosie Bad Azz” on the last album and this time this album is “Super Bad.” Everything on this album is better than it was.

WordofSouth.com: In addition to Jeezy and Webbie, what kind of guest appearances do you have?

Lil Boosie: I have Trina on the album, Bobby Valentino is on the album and that’s basically it. I have a few features on the album but I don’t need anybody on my albums, I go hard and hold my own. That’s basically it.

WordofSouth.com: And who held it down on the production?

Lil Boosie: I have Big Wayne on the production. That is my in-house producer on my label Bad Azz Entertainment. We have Mouse on a track. It’s a big album. I have a lot of people on the album. It’s a big album this time around.

WordofSouth.com: Have you worked on picking out the next single?

Lil Boosie: It’s probably going to be “Nobody” or “Loose as a Goose.” I wanted to go with the “You” record but sometimes I get overpowered on my decisions. Will see what happens.

WordofSouth.com: What’s your favorite track on the album and why?

Lil Boosie: My favorite track on the album is probably a song I have called “Crayola” talking about different color cars. It makes me smile because I came up from not having much so that’s my motivation.

WordofSouth.com: You were close to Pimp C. What is the fondest memory that you have of Pimp C?

Lil Boosie: Probably when I was a youngster like 17 and first meeting him. I went in to the studio with him and we put it down. It’s nothing; I got to hold my own with one the big guys.

WordofSouth.com: In a Bun B interview I did on the brink of the release for the final UGK album, he said if one duo could compete with UGK, it would be yourself and Webbie if you ever decided to become a duo full time. What do you think of that and will that ever happen?

Lil Boosie: I don’t know if that’ll ever happen. We have two different work ethics. I feel like I’m a better solo artist so I don’t think that’ll ever happen. If we make another collaboration album, it’ll be magic and a good album, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

WordofSouth.com: What’s next up for Trill Entertainment?

Lil Boosie: I don’t really know the next move that there gonna’ make. Right now I’m shopping a label deal for my own label Bad Azz Entertainment and I’m shopping my DVD right now. I’m just trying to really get my label off the ground right now.

WordofSouth.com: And have you signed any artists to your label at this time?

Lil Boosie: Yeah and I’ve signed a couple of producers. Big Wayne is my in-house producer. I have a few artists I signed. We’re just working on cutting some records on mixtapes right now to get our buzz up, killing these mixtapes. We’re doing real well at it.

WordofSouth.com: Do you have any last words?

Lil Boosie: Go buy the album and support it. It’s another classic from Boosie bad azz. Go buy it out the stores and you won’t be disappointed. It’s a classic album.

– INTERVIEW BY: Justin Melo
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

Re: Lil Boosie: Super Bad Azz (New Interview By Me)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
nice interview... his last album was decent IMO so I got hopes for his new shit  8)