Author Topic: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: The Lara Lavi Interview! (Dr. Dre/Snoop/Death Row)  (Read 1751 times)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: The Lara Lavi Interview! (Dr. Dre/Snoop/Death Row)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03:09 AM »
great interview, we should be expecting some 2pac stuff soon then,hopfully that if afeni agrees
Wouldn't count on it, Afeni propably wants to rape it with Gucci Mane & Souljah Boy to get more crackmoney.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:22:17 AM »
well done Chad & Jonathan :)

when i first heard about Wideawake i was very skeptical, but it turned out that the company kept it's word 8)
sure, there are no Chronic leftovers on Re-lit, but that's not their fault.

i know that some people on here thought that it was a stupid move to put out another Chronic version as the first release of the "new" death row,
but from a marketing point of view it's quite smart. if Wideawake came with a "smaller" release, such as a Crooked I album, Danny Boy album etc. they would have had a worse start.
to have a Snoop Dogg release as a followup only makes sense, as he really blew up after The Chronic.

Jewell is pretty much confirmed, they already dropped some of her tracks so I guess their is no problem. but damn lol did anyone else notice Suge got fucked in teh ass hard? I mean not even referring 2 him by name. Damn he doesn't get any production credit, when infact he did help with a lot of classic tracks. Oh well, guess that's what the fat nigga gets, Karmas a bastard.
he gets credit for what he has done, not for stuff that he hasn't done, sounds fair to me.
i don't see how he's getting fucked, as he let the company go bankrupt in the first place.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
well done Chad & Jonathan :)

when i first heard about Wideawake i was very skeptical, but it turned out that the company kept it's word 8)
sure, there are no Chronic leftovers on Re-lit, but that's not their fault.

i know that some people on here thought that it was a stupid move to put out another Chronic version as the first release of the "new" death row,
but from a marketing point of view it's quite smart. if Wideawake came with a "smaller" release, such as a Crooked I album, Danny Boy album etc. they would have had a worse start.
to have a Snoop Dogg release as a followup only makes sense, as he really blew up after The Chronic.

Agreed....i just hope they don't get discouraged if some of their smaller releases don't move major units.  As much as we all would hate to admit it, death row albums from Crooked I, Lady of Rage, Jewell, CPO, etc. are not going to move big units.  I hope after their first small release doesn't sell real well that they don't just give up on everything.  As much as I love to hear the unreleased Snoop and eventually 2Pac, i hope they don't continue to fall back on those two after the other releases don't sell real well like the original death row recrods used to do.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 12:07:55 PM »
Thx for the interview

Brian Gardner and Bernie Grundman to master all future releases = great news

Yup!

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
Thx for the interview

Brian Gardner and Bernie Grundman to master all future releases = great news

indeed, especially Big Bass

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »
great interview, we should be expecting some 2pac stuff soon then,hopfully that if afeni agrees
Wouldn't count on it, Afeni propably wants to rape it with Gucci Mane & Souljah Boy to get more crackmoney.
lol

Blasphemy

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »
lol

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 03:24:48 PM »
great intreview, big bass--thats some great news!!

lol suge aka previous owner....he really fucked up

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 03:42:49 PM »
Good news to hear the artists will get paid.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

The Watcher

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
so the re-lit bonus tracks were mastered? wow

whoever did that did about as good a job as the guy who did joe budden's escape route ep or whatever it was
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

acgrundy

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 06:03:11 PM »
thanks for the interview.  Sounds like a lot of promise and I like what I have seen so far.  I will continue to support as long as they drop quality projects.

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
if they're releasing a doggystyle re-lit why are they releasing doggystyle on this lost sessions disk? doggystyle would be perfect for a doggystyle reissue. oh well i want it sooner and not stuck on some dvd so its all good.

Mietek23

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:14 AM »
Damn he doesn't get any production credit, when infact he did help with a lot of classic tracks. Oh well, guess that's what the fat nigga gets, Karmas a bastard.

What the fuck do you mean by this shit?

No word on Sam Sneed?
Yea, I've noticed it. Hope the album sampler of Street Scholars that was featured on one of Dante's projects gonna leak sometime

I asked about this in another thread, does anybody have this or y'all just speakin' about somethin' that ain't nobody even heard?

I've read the info that leaked from 2Pac forum and it says the sampler was featured on Vault Access Vol. 2:

Sam Sneed - Street Scholars [Demo Clips]

--01 Intro.mp3
--02 Hollywood.mp3
--03 Drug Related.mp3
--04 The Heist.mp3
--05 Lady Heroin.mp3
--06 Lookin' For.mp3
--07 The Zone.mp3
--08 It's So Hot.mp3
--09 Street Scholars.mp3
--10 Confessions.mp3
--11 Lyrical Assassins.mp3

Bonus
------Slaves (2008).mp3 (A song recorded this year)

Tha Crip

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 03:05:11 AM »
^^^^^
damn, throw U Better Recognize somewhere in the middle of that album, blueberry somewhere and then the remix to U Better Recognize at the end and im sure this would of been a classic album, i wish someone coulda asked about Sneeds album in this interview, maybe they will say something about it someday.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

dnjp4life

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 03:27:09 AM »
damn this sounds cool but somebody could ask about nate dogg ?? don't forget he was a pioneer at death row..

Real talk.  I'd love to see his Death Row album officially released, and any other songs that he did over there.