Author Topic: Just came back from Malice in Wonderland listening party and.........  (Read 1998 times)

Okka

Re: Just came back from Malice in Wonderland listening party and.........
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 04:09:36 AM »
single will be droppin soon along with a video.

Nice, lookin' forward to hearin' the first single. Will there be beats from Dr. Dre on this album?

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 05:38:52 AM »
blue carpet is your guys favorite after doggystyle?  Serious?  Damn, Doggfather is a fucking dope album and shits on blue carpet treatment.

yeah your right its hard to decide though, i enjoy every snoop album

i think its just that some people grew up listening to snoop much later, and started following his music after hearing his later albums like "R&G" or "Blue Carpet Treatment".
so some people might like that style of snoop better than from his early days.

nah those albums dropped just a few years ago

i think u mean Snoop from the 99-2001 era..cuz thats when Snoop regained some of his popularity with Tha Last Meal, his contribution to Chronic 2001 and etc

but i feel u though

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 06:45:07 AM »
the album is a big change from Ego Trippin'........Snoop is back with the high energy tracks and bangin beats

There were a couple of down south sounding tracks i could have done without, but still overall its a nice return to form for tha Doggfather.

Also had a chance to sit and chat with Joe Cool, and he lives up to the name for sure, he's a real chill dude,  was awesome chatting with him.

Bottom line, the album is more along the lines of Blue carpet Treament than Ego Trippin, definitely gonna grab when it drops in Dec

Just thought i'd fill you guys in

This is great news.  BUT I will be downloading this first, listening to it, and then and only then deciding whether I want to spend $12 on it.  Ego Trippin pissed me off, because I bought that without downloading it first.  If I would have, I wouldn't have bought it.  So Snoop basically ganked me for $12, and this time he has to prove it to me before he gets my $12.

I hope Justin and Doggystyle Records management are listening...you guys really alienated the Snoop core fanbase with Ego Trippin.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 08:10:09 AM »

Snoop Dogg hooked up with The-Dream for the first single from his tenth solo LP, Malice N Wonderland.

In a private album listening session, VIBE learned that the upbeat leadoff look, "Gangsta Love," will be one of two collaborations with hit-making tandem The-Dream and Tricky Stewart.

The selective track list--the project consists of a lean but filling 12 songs--includes contributions from R. Kelly, Soulja Boy, Lil Jon, Gucci Mane, Brandy and Pharrell.

True to its title, the album's sound and content are paradoxical, with Snoop at times rapping thuggery to Terrance Martin's gun-click sound effects ("2 Minute Warning") and elsewhere dedicating whole songs to his wife, Shante (the happy and sappy "Different Languages," with Jazmine Sullivan).

The West Coast legend also pays homage to California's next generation. He gives a nod to Los Angeles' burgeoning jerk dance moment with the Scoop Deville-produced "Wanna Rock," and passes the baton to young'uns Problem and Nipsey Hu$$le on "Upside Down."

According to Ted Chung, President of Doggystyle Records and Snoopadelic Films, Snoop will shoot a mini-movie to accompany Malice N Wonderland's release. The short, similar in style to the rapper's 1995 flick Murder Was The Case, will portray Snoop as a "super gangster."

As previously reported, Snoop Dogg is taking the reins as Creative Chairman at Priority Records. In his new role, the blue-rag-waving rapper will re-release notable albums from the storied label's catalog.

Marking the first release from the revived Priority Records, Malice N Wonderland is slated for a December 8 release. -John Kennedy

vibe.com

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 08:13:14 AM »

well doesnt seem like the album will be what some of you mightve expected after reading the thread considering the features, the tracklist and things like that

but obviously well have to wait until the album drops to fully judge and critique it

1 thing positive about it is that problem and nipsey are featured on it

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »

well doesnt seem like the album will be what some of you mightve expected after reading the thread considering the features, the tracklist and things like that

but obviously well have to wait until the album drops to fully judge and critique it

1 thing positive about it is that problem and nipsey are featured on it

True.  When I made the BCT comparison, i meant more in the energy/pace of the album, i should have clarified that.  There are a lot of rnb hooks for sure, but its still a fairly high energy album.  And this is the first Snoop album which is less than 15 tracks which to me is a good thing, I didn't find there was much filler on the album.

Was really surprised with the Soulja Boy track, I was expecting garbage, but the song wasn't bad at all.

Mind you I was listening to this in a club and there was a lot of drinking and mingling, so maybe the atmosphere had a lot to do with it.

Still, I was impressed with what I heard.  Snoop flowed his ass off on a couple of tracks, I really think the ghost writers are a good thing for him, because he's got one of the best flows ever, now he has a some fresh lyrics to really show it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:24:36 AM by C-clamp »

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 09:23:19 AM »
dope. you're in canada?

Yeah man, Toronto born and raised! 8)

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »
Not looking forward to any of the features except for that track with Problem and Nipsey Hussle.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 11:35:21 AM »
Damn, can't believe there was a listening party in my city and i ain't even know :-X

12 tracks doesn't sound like snoop? can't wait to hear that nipsey joint and the terrace martin one too; 12 tracks is not enough if thats gonna include collabo's with soulja boy and gucci mane.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »
Snoop Dogg Millionaire better be on it because that song is way too bombastic to be left out.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »
Damn, can't believe there was a listening party in my city and i ain't even know :-X

12 tracks doesn't sound like snoop? can't wait to hear that nipsey joint and the terrace martin one too; 12 tracks is not enough if thats gonna include collabo's with soulja boy and gucci mane.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:56 PM »
i could never get into doggyfather album... I personally like Last Meal besides Doggystyle and some selected tracks from top dogg and the game is sold and not to be told

Paul

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 01:16:20 PM »
Those features look horrible apart from Problem and Nipsey Hussle

And another fuckin shitty ass tribute to his beast of a wife, fuccccccckkkkkkkk sake

Snoop Dogg Millionaire better be on it because that song is way too bombastic to be left out.

I hope this is sarcasm for your sake
funkyfreshintheflesh

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »

I hope this is sarcasm for your sake
Nope. It is a good tune.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
Those features look horrible apart from Problem and Nipsey Hussle

indeed, im afraid-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM