Author Topic: 2Pac - Pure 2Pac (WIDEawake)  (Read 1599 times)

OG Snoopaveli

Re: 2Pac - Pure 2Pac (WIDEawake)
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »
01 Tongue Kissing
02 One Nation
03 Secrets Of War
04 Watch Ya Mouth
05 Kilaminati
06 Amerikka Eat Is Young
07 Trump Tight
08 Ride For Ma
09 U Still Down
10 My Lil' Homies
11 Smile For Me
12 Come Wit Me
13 Throw My Rearview

It would be dope as fucc !!!

Can't Wait til june 2010 !!

NUFC

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 11:13:20 AM »

now we'll never hear all those dope original 2pac tracks, because afeni wants to fukk with 2pac's legacy by totally raping the tracks, by putting new wack beats on them, and putting wack mainstream artists all over it, and cutting out the dissing of people by pac.

we have to put up with listening to all these tape quality originals forever. that bytch afeni is never going to put out the og's coz she smokes too much fukkin crack to know or care what the fans want.

Calm down dear.

13  unleaked originals don't care what. And a bonus disc featuring

LTTG & Pain clean versions and a few well thought out remixes.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:16:10 AM by NUFC »

Blasphemy

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 11:27:30 AM »

now we'll never hear all those dope original 2pac tracks, because afeni wants to fukk with 2pac's legacy by totally raping the tracks, by putting new wack beats on them, and putting wack mainstream artists all over it, and cutting out the dissing of people by pac.

we have to put up with listening to all these tape quality originals forever. that bytch afeni is never going to put out the og's coz she smokes too much fukkin crack to know or care what the fans want.

Calm down dear.

Remixes suck ass. What's the point? The original artist vision is taken and reworked. Unless it was approved by the original artist I normally don't fuck wit it. Then again, I doubt they will do remixes anyways. Remember Nu Mixx Klazzics? Those were widely criticized and really hurt death rows image even more. If Wideawake does this it would go against what they been talking about.

Which is Keep it OG.

NUFC

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 11:32:39 AM »

Calm down dear.

Remixes suck ass. What's the point? The original artist vision is taken and reworked. Unless it was approved by the original artist I normally don't fuck wit it. Then again, I doubt they will do remixes anyways. Remember Nu Mixx Klazzics? Those were widely criticized and really hurt death rows image even more. If Wideawake does this it would go against what they been talking about.

Which is Keep it OG.

Yeah keep the album og, but there is no harm having a bonus disc of remixes though.

Blasphemy

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »

Calm down dear.

Which is Keep it OG.

Yeah keep the album og, but there is no harm having a bonus disc of remixes though.

Yeah I suppose. But their would be some harm. Remember Amaru catches major flack for remixes, even Death Row took flack for their remixes (even though they just changed hte production and Kept original artist on the track). Nu Mixx Klazzics was the moment many people thought they were going the way of Amaru. If they released a remix disc, Some fans will perceive its a attempt and making us pay more.

The reason being we don't want remixes, Amarus poor sells show us this, but we want OGs and paying the price of a double album when all we want is the originals will be seen as a attempt on our wallets.

So really it could be a potential bad thing. But considering I'm not a fan of the remixes both labels put out that wasn't official (IE with out hte original artist imput) I'm probably being a little bias.

Manu.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »
None of you guys chose "My Only Fear Of Death" which is, according to an interview from that faggot over at notorious-makaveli (Hi, fatboy) Lara Lavi the track we know as "Reincarnation"............why?
even if he does aplogize that doesnt mean shit coming from a jew

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 01:20:36 PM »
compare R U STILL DOWN's record sales to "loyal to the game"

it's not even debatable that leaving songs in original format is the way to go
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »
i dont understand how amaru couldve got the rights to all the deathrow 2pac songs when deathrow owned 2pac's publishing and masters.

2Pac always had his own publishing, Death Row never owned any of his. As far as the rights.. Afeni got the rights to Pac's music as far as the release, Death Row owns the released 2Pac masters (Alll Eyez, Makaveli, Soundtracks) and Afeni owns the unreleased ones. The revenue sharing and the participation parts is what is not exactly clear (Interscope and Death Row).

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

V2DHeart

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
None of you guys chose "My Only Fear Of Death" which is, according to an interview from that faggot over at notorious-makaveli (Hi, fatboy) Lara Lavi the track we know as "Reincarnation"............why?

Damm, how did this pass me? I'd choose that first over any other  ;D ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2009, 05:58:37 PM »
So why do they only get to pick tracks from that list and not from the whole catalogue? Can anyone help me out?

It was the settlement from the lawsuit between Afeni and Suge about Pac's masters. Afeni got the rights to the unreleased Death Row tracks in exchange to allow Death Row a "option" album with 13 songs from that list. From my understanding the 35 songs were chosen at random. There's also some other stipulations on when the option album could of been released. The whole who gets what for revenue and the involvement of Death Row and Interscope would require further reading in the legal docs.

If Wideawake chooses the Nas Interlude that counts as a 1 of the 13 master recordings. If they choose Watch Ya Mouth they get all 4 sources of the master which count as 1 of the 13 recordings which could be different takes, voice overs, etc..

PTA should mean the actual physical master catalog number assigned when all of Pac's master when inventoried. LECG is a company that does legal consulting, not sure how their number system works as their are different tracks with the same LECG number..

So why do they only get to pick tracks from that list and not from the whole catalogue? Can anyone help me out?

Well Amaru sued Death Row for nearly all the tracks. Only a few didn't get taken from death. As such during the bankruptcy since Suge isn't involved they get to release 1 more 2pac before the rest of the tracks go to Amaru..

+1 to both of you. Thanks for clearing that up. It's strange Suge neve released that "Option" album seeing as he had the right too, would of made a killing

MarshColin

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

It was the settlement from the lawsuit between Afeni and Suge about Pac's masters. Afeni got the rights to the unreleased Death Row tracks in exchange to allow Death Row a "option" album with 13 songs from that list. From my understanding the 35 songs were chosen at random. There's also some other stipulations on when the option album could of been released. The whole who gets what for revenue and the involvement of Death Row and Interscope would require further reading in the legal docs.

If Wideawake chooses the Nas Interlude that counts as a 1 of the 13 master recordings. If they choose Watch Ya Mouth they get all 4 sources of the master which count as 1 of the 13 recordings which could be different takes, voice overs, etc..

PTA should mean the actual physical master catalog number assigned when all of Pac's master when inventoried. LECG is a company that does legal consulting, not sure how their number system works as their are different tracks with the same LECG number..

Well Amaru sued Death Row for nearly all the tracks. Only a few didn't get taken from death. As such during the bankruptcy since Suge isn't involved they get to release 1 more 2pac before the rest of the tracks go to Amaru..

+1 to both of you. Thanks for clearing that up. It's strange Suge neve released that "Option" album seeing as he had the right too, would of made a killing

Didn't they have to wait 10 years from the settlement of the lawsuit to release it though? He went bankrupt and lost control of Death Row before he even had the chance to release it. I don't remember exactly what the stipulation was, but it involved 10 years. I could be wrong about what it was though.

Either way, Suge was obviously one of the worst businessmen EVER and it is only becoming more apparent as we discover what kind of stuff he had in his vault that he could legally put out, but instead chose to make very mediocre 2pac remix albums and not release any of his artist's albums.

Blasphemy

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »

Didn't they have to wait 10 years from the settlement of the lawsuit to release it though? He went bankrupt and lost control of Death Row before he even had the chance to release it. I don't remember exactly what the stipulation was, but it involved 10 years. I could be wrong about what it was though.

Either way, Suge was obviously one of the worst businessmen EVER and it is only becoming more apparent as we discover what kind of stuff he had in his vault that he could legally put out, but instead chose to make very mediocre 2pac remix albums and not release any of his artist's albums.

The one album that DID get released was Kurupt Against The Grain, but the tracks got switched, so he even made Death Row tell fans NOT to purchase it....

EFFeX

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2009, 09:10:19 PM »
What a misleading thread, had me thinking it was the real thing at first, LOL

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 02:22:06 AM »

1. Watch Ya Mouth
2. My Only Fear Of Death
3. Smile For Me