Author Topic: Lawsuit Erupts Over Pac's 'Po N***a Bluez'  (Read 309 times)

woof

Lawsuit Erupts Over Pac's 'Po N***a Bluez'
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:59:15 AM »
A lawsuit has erupted in federal court over a remixed track of the song “Po N***a Bluez” by rapper Tupac Shakur.

Plaintiff Joseph Flowers raps under the name The Govenor.

The rapper claims he was the sole author of “Po N***a Bluez,” which was originally recorded in 1990 and released on his 1995 album Floss Mode.

Flowers is suing over a remixed version of the original track which appeared on Shakur’s hit 2004 posthumous album Loyal To the Game.

The remixed version of the track was produced by Scott Storch and featured Isley Brothers lead singer, Ron Isley.

Flowers lawsuit claims that he is the sole owner of the original version of the track, which he claims is almost identical to his 1995 version, which incorporates a sample The Delegations’ 1979 track “Oh Honey.”

He did not discover the remixed version, which is track 14 until March of 2008.

Flowers claims Interscope and Universal Records have copied, used, sold, promoted and profited from his work, without any credit or compensation given.

The rapper is suing for copyright infringement.

Flowers seeks an immediate injunction to halt sales of the album with the infringing work and statutory and punitive damages.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Lawsuit Erupts Over Pac's 'Po N***a Bluez'
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 10:05:47 AM »
he was the original maker of the song

but dude is 5 years too late
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:13:52 AM »
he was the original maker of the song

but dude is 5 years too late

LOL yup, doubt he gets shit

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:25:11 AM »
the funny thing is, I believe he originally did make it too since he's the one who released it and not 2pac

so he has a legit claim to the track

but oh well...i hope he gets SOMETHING out of evil money hungry Amaru not doing their jobs
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

cheesefry

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
the inferred story behind the track was that 2pac either penned it for the gov or gave him the song after it went unused on 2pac's debut release.  whether or not the gov has a contract stating as such remains to be seen.

as for the gov being 5 years late, it is often the case that infringement suits come years after a release, largely due to late discovery or waiting for the infringing person to reap financial gain from the work in question.  ...was linda harris too late?  no.  rappers are sued every day for songs that they made 5, 10, or 15 years ago that the uncredited or unpaid sample composer just discovered.

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
Hope he gets a nice some from Amaru...someone needs to get something worthy from them

8)
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »
what a poor bitch the gov is, trying to sue money from his dead homies mother? back in 94/95 pac gave him the song and the whole concept, maybe he even showed him how to rap it (like he did for hammer) and now he wanna have money? this is ridiculous, but the chances to get something for the next crack rock are good

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 02:38:55 PM »
what a poor bitch the gov is, trying to sue money from his dead homies mother? back in 94/95 pac gave him the song and the whole concept, maybe he even showed him how to rap it (like he did for hammer) and now he wanna have money? this is ridiculous, but the chances to get something for the next crack rock are good

how do you know who came up with the idea Ridah, were you there? ;)

I'm taking a guess that beacuse Gov put the song out and Pac never did, that Gov came up with it