Author Topic: Slaughterhouse To Sign With Shady?  (Read 1081 times)

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Slaughterhouse To Sign With Shady?
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:38:02 PM »
Just one day after Slaughterhouse was spotted behind Eminem in the new "Forever" [watch here] music video, there are rumors going around that the rap group is in negociations with Eminem to join his Shady Records. Radio personality Miss Info recently said "So here are the 'rumors' that I'm hearing...That Slaughterhouse appearance in "Forever," was indeed a non-verbal announcement of the contract negotiations going on behind the scenes. For the past month, both sides have been working towards bringing the group to the Shady label. And that the gathering of Em and the guys at the shoot, is the first of more collaborations to come." [See Slaughterhouse & Eminem in the "Forever" Video - Watch Here]

http://www.rapbasement.com/slaughterhouse/092309-rumors-say-slaughterhouse-is-in-negotiations-to-join-eminems-shady-records.html
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

Lunatic

Re: Slaughterhouse To Sign With Shady?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:41:55 PM »
will see
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:43:22 PM »
This could be really big if this happens! I would love to hear a S.H song over some dre beats! That shit would be epic! lets hope this happens for there next album

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »
Will see.

EFFeX

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 05:37:06 PM »
"No comment." - Joe Budden

8)

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 05:38:42 PM »
Damn, that would be DOPE !!!

He already gave them the "the one" beat that was originally for him

The D.O.C and

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 05:42:23 PM »
that would be sick... but I'm thinking it's not gonna happen cuz of how Shady has been the last few years

Blasphemy

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »
GOod things if this happened

Dre beats, Slim Shady appearances, Way more support for Videos and stuff.

Bad Things

50 Cent.

Matty

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »
bad things - album never coming out, label politics, SH splitting up because of it. interscope should be a no-go for rappers nowadays. joell has already been signed to one of their labels once and left.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 06:22:43 PM »
^ Shady actually releases albums. Check D-12 and Obie Trice. The artist who couldn't get released were all inked to Dre as well.

I really hope this is true. Would be a huge day for Hip Hop.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Matty

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »
whens the last time they released an album though? (aside from eminems). the industry has changed a lot since the last obie and d12 albums. doesn't look like they'll be releasing anyones albums anytime soon. joell isn't stupid though, he didn't leave a label to resign to it without some kind of clause in relation to release dates/getting an album out.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
having 50 cent on a hook or a verse is gonna make me lose some respect for them dudes. Hopefully they can dodge any cameos from that fag.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 07:14:25 PM »
whens the last time they released an album though? (aside from eminems). the industry has changed a lot since the last obie and d12 albums. doesn't look like they'll be releasing anyones albums anytime soon. joell isn't stupid though, he didn't leave a label to resign to it without some kind of clause in relation to release dates/getting an album out.

Thats the thing, why don't these artists get clauses in their contracts saying "if an album doesn't drop in 2 years you owe me this much"

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »
^some of them do have certain clauses

JohnnyL

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »
 As cool as this sounds at face value, I'm not sure this would necessarily be a good thing.  It would be cool to see an Eminem/Slaughterhouse collaboration.  But Slaughterhouse signing to Shady Records could mean that it will be forever until we see another Slaughterhouse album (if at all, while they're on the label).  Shady has not had a good track record as of late, for releasing albums.  Obie was released from the label.  Bobby Creekwater was released....Cashis was released.  The last thing that I can think of that they even put out was "The County Hound E.P."  Anyone else remember when Young Zee was supposed to drop an album on Shady?
 I'm not saying it couldn't be a good thing.  I'm just saying, it could be a riskier move than it might initially appear to be.