Author Topic: Timbaland Co-Signs "Beaterator" Game, "I Could've Done The Whole Jay-Z Record On  (Read 641 times)

k_M

• Lil Geezy
Grammy-winning producer Timbaland recently co-signed the credibility of his producer-based Beaterator video game and said he could have even constructed Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 using it.

Tim also said he has bypassed the outer limits of standard hip-hop.

Quote:
"I came up with this new slang, I don't call it hip-hop -- I call it 'world-hop,'" Timbo explained in an interview. "I don't do just one genre of music; if you look at my whole catalog I do all types of music. I've actually started the whole dance music scene that's going on [in hip-hop] now. So I did what I do on the game. I think people knew that I would have more variety because it's what I do. The only thing I didn't do on the game is country music...I did the first Shock Value album with just buckets, cans and spoons. There were no real instruments. I took myself back and said -- 'What if I couldn't buy a piece of equipment? How would I make music? How talented am I?' So yeah, I could do everything on Beaterator -- I could've done the whole Jay-Z record on it. That's too easy..." 

Tim recently spoke on his upcoming Shock Value 2 album and not giving Hov all of his best material for BP3.

Quote:
I mentioned that what I was hearing is greater than the stuff on BP3, and he said "of course I'm not going to give Jay my best material." He wasn't joking...So here are some exclusives of who will be on the Shock Value 2: Estelle, Danja, Keri Hilson, Jonas Bros, Daughtry, Hollywood Undead, Jim Beanz, Amar, Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, Usher, Chris Brown, Missy Elliot, Drake, Pharrell, Sebastian. 

According to Timbo, Jay's "Off That" Drake collaboration, which he produced, is intentionally missing a verse from Drizzy.

Quote:
"I'm out there more than he is," Tim said in an interview. "I know what the kids want...That's what I bring to the table. I bring that umph outta him. Listen to the album. I bring something outta him...You gotta ask him [why the verse is gone]. It should have been [on there]...But I thought, to me, we took [Drake] out of his element. But he said that was good to him. I said, 'Oh, sh*t, let's go back and get him in the verse.' But that ain't my project. If it was up to me to redo it, I'd redo it that way." 

The producer's Beaterator video game will face-off with Jay's DJ Hero this year.

Quote:
"Guitar Hero teaches the history of certain old groups, but mine is more like what people hear on the radio -- I probably missed a few corners, but that's what going back in and fixing things will do once I hear what fans want and say I didn't do. That's why it takes almost four years to make the game. I wanted people to feel like they can also make a beat too...It's more than just pressing a button. It's like a stress reliever too. It's just one of those things where I just can't describe it. I was so excited by the finished product that I just don't know what it is. It's a drum machine, it's a ProTools set, it's some of everything you can possibly name." 

Beaterator will reportedly land in stores Tuesday, September 29th.

Source: Timbaland Co-Signs "Beaterator" Game, "I Could've Done The Whole Jay-Z Record On It" | SOHH.com

Matty

man i wanna get this shit, no ps3 though :(

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
man i wanna get this shit, no ps3 psp though :(

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Paul

funkyfreshintheflesh

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
the Live play is nice and easy to use. I made few beats on my friend's PSP in it. and the Song Crafter is more difficult to use with all the loops and mixers...

http://usershare.net/bqiikr8ge506

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Invincible

the Live play is nice and easy to use. I made few beats on my friend's PSP in it. and the Song Crafter is more difficult to use with all the loops and mixers...

http://usershare.net/bqiikr8ge506

Whats that farting noise meant to be?  :D

Matty

anyone play this on the psn network (ps3) yet? is it the same as the psp one?

Matty

oh well i was being an idiot, cause the psn network version is just an alternative way to get it onto a psp, although there is gonna be iphone and ipod editions.

looks like a lot of fun, i am going to get/hack a psp and check this out in the near future 8)