Author Topic: little help on death row discography...  (Read 902 times)

Da Nard

• 'G'
little help on death row discography...
« on: September 24, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »
workin on official death row releases collection....... but some of the cds posted on wiki n other places are pposted under official death row releases but wen i go check it out at the store they dont seem to have the death row logo...they  either released under interscope or amaru etc etc.,.. can any one post the namers of any official cds releesed by death row .....
Paranoia will destroy ya!!!

Blasphemy

Re: little help on death row discography...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »
workin on official death row releases collection....... but some of the cds posted on wiki n other places are pposted under official death row releases but wen i go check it out at the store they dont seem to have the death row logo...they  either released under interscope or amaru etc etc.,.. can any one post the namers of any official cds releesed by death row .....

Album Title - Artist - Release year. Please note albums are listed from earliest release, to later releases. Even in the same year.

The Chronic - Dr. Dre - 1992
DoggyStyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg - 1993
Dogg Food - Tha Dogg Pound - 1995
U Better Recognize EP - Sam Sneed - 1995
All Eyez On Me - 2pac - 19960
The Don Killuminati The 7 Day Theory - Makaveli - 1996
Tha Dogg Father - Snoop Doggy Dogg - 1996
Necessary Roughness - Lady of  Rage - 1997
G-Funk Classics, Vol. 1: Ghetto Preacher - Nate Dogg - 1997
Retaliation Revenge and Get Back - Daz Dillinger - 1998
Hung Jury - Michelle - 1998
Against Tha Grain - Kurupt - 2005

Those are all artist released the following are compilations featuring newer material

Christmas on Death Row - 1996
Suge Knight Represents The Chronic 2000 - 1999
Too Gangsta 4 Radio - 2000

The following are 2pac releases

Still I Rise - 1999
Until the End of Time - 2001
Better Days - 2002
Nu Mixx Klazzics Vol. 1. - 2003
Nu Mixx Klazzics Vol. 2. - 2007

The Following Consist of Sound Tracks

Above The Rim - 1994
Murder Was the Case - 1994
GridLock'd - 1997
Gang Related - 1997
Dysfunktional Family - 2002

The following are releases put out that count as unofficial do to the artist Not being involved with putting them out.

Dead Man Walkin - Snoop Doggy Dogg - 2000
2002 - Tha Dogg Pound - 2001

The Following are various Greatest Hits/compilations containing No new material (except unreleased tracks)

Death Row Greatest Hits (Note: Contains a track No Vaseline, this was not a Death Row track and was put on to take aim at former artist. Ice Cube has never been signed to Death Row) - 1996
Death Row Greatest Hits Vol. 2. - 2003
Death Row The Singles - Contains various hard to find B-Sides, remixes, and previously unreleased remixes of singles. - 2007
Death Row Dayz - 2007 (A compilation of 3 Greatest Hits albums)

Because of Death Row constant rereleasing of previous releases. Each artist Received their own Great Hits line.

2pac
The Poet
Greatest Hits

Dr. Dre
The Chronicle: Best of the Works
Chronicles: Death Row Classics

Snoop Doggy Dogg
Death Row: Snoop Doggy Dogg at His Best - 2001
Chronicles - 2007

Basically all the stuff. if I missed anything please let me know. 8)

Please note with rereleases, Publishing, rights and various legalities change what's labeled on The pressing. If you want Death Row Logos, you must order First pressing for some of these albums.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:24:35 PM by Blasphemy »

love33

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »
How is it "unofficial...do to the artist Not being involved with putting them out"???

That would mean all of the post releases after Tupac's death were "unofficial" according to your logic (i.e. "until the end of time," "better dayz," etc.)

Tha Dogg Pound "2002" was endorsed by Kurupt and not Daz and the radio single that pushed it hard was "Change The Game Remix" ft. Jay-Z & Roc-A-Fella, the track also appeared on DJ Clue's album and Suge traded the rights to use "Me and My Girlfriend" Pac beat for it to Jay-Z.  That album had fresh verses by other artists like Crooked I on "Gangsta Rap" radio edit and Tha Relativez on "Smoke."  It also debuted in the Top 40 on the Billboard Charts.

"Dead Man Walkin" was an official Death Row release.  It's the Label's choice if it's official or not, and you could buy it in Best Buy.  Those were mostly old tracks from 1996-97 before Snoop joined No Limit.  But if this is not "official" by your definition, then neither is the upcoming Death Row Snoop release of "The Lost Session Vol. 1"

Unofficial releases would be like bootlegs that fans surface of unreleased material like the DJ Quik EP, the Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy tracks, Hammer album, OFTB albums, etc.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 12:31:52 AM »
workin on official death row releases collection....... but some of the cds posted on wiki n other places are pposted under official death row releases but wen i go check it out at the store they dont seem to have the death row logo...they  either released under interscope or amaru etc etc.,.. can any one post the namers of any official cds releesed by death row .....

Album Title - Artist - Release year. Please note albums are listed from earliest release, to later releases. Even in the same year.

u better recognize was just a normal single release for the mwtc sdtk and not an EP.
g-funk classics was pulled and dont count as an official released album even its now available during ebay. and the name ghetto preacher was only used for the later released breakaway album.
and yea... dmw and 2002 are hella official releases. it doesnt matter if the artists re still with the label.
i dont know if i would count all the ron winter albums as real official.

btw if u ask for all the official CDs relased by death row u should incl the single cds aswell. cuz there are LOTS
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:34:09 AM by o g s u e s o n e »

Blasphemy

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 03:24:37 AM »
How is it "unofficial...do to the artist Not being involved with putting them out"???

That would mean all of the post releases after Tupac's death were "unofficial" according to your logic (i.e. "until the end of time," "better dayz," etc.)

Tha Dogg Pound "2002" was endorsed by Kurupt and not Daz and the radio single that pushed it hard was "Change The Game Remix" ft. Jay-Z & Roc-A-Fella, the track also appeared on DJ Clue's album and Suge traded the rights to use "Me and My Girlfriend" Pac beat for it to Jay-Z.  That album had fresh verses by other artists like Crooked I on "Gangsta Rap" radio edit and Tha Relativez on "Smoke."  It also debuted in the Top 40 on the Billboard Charts.

"Dead Man Walkin" was an official Death Row release.  It's the Label's choice if it's official or not, and you could buy it in Best Buy.  Those were mostly old tracks from 1996-97 before Snoop joined No Limit.  But if this is not "official" by your definition, then neither is the upcoming Death Row Snoop release of "The Lost Session Vol. 1"

Unofficial releases would be like bootlegs that fans surface of unreleased material like the DJ Quik EP, the Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy tracks, Hammer album, OFTB albums, etc.

2002 is partly Unofficial, and Dead MAN Walkin isn't even recognized by Snoops own discography at one point (I think it still isn't),

As such these are Albums done with out the artist input. Tupac Shakurs work doesn't count as a bootleg, do to his death. Nu Mix vol 1. and 2 should actually be considered a compilation.

Cause they feature just remixes, with literally no new tracks.

but hey, that's basically all Death Row has, not including the countless Singles. Even I have 2 original Death Row Single Tapes that are for The Chronic.

MistaNova

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 04:29:05 AM »
Other Compliations:
Death Row Presents: Dr. Dre & Snoop Doggy Dogg - From Compton To Long Beach

DJ Yutaka Presents: Death Row Master Mix

Mixtapes:
Warlord - I Can Get Cha Block Knocked Off Vol. 1
Crooked I - Westcoasanostra Vol. 1
Eastwood - Self-Made Vol. 1
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:21:00 AM by Iveus »

Da Nard

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
mad props for every pitching in.. thanks...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »
The difference in Tupac and say, Dogg Pound or Snoop, is that Pac's material was authorized by his estate.

"Change The Game" was never officially pushed as a single by Death Row. It was a song for Clue's record that Suge used. Not the other way around. I would view "Dead Man Walkin" and "2002" in sort of the same way I look at Game's Get Low material.

EFFeX

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »
Yeah, but Death Row actually put out Dogg Pound's "2002" album. So it's an official Death Row release.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »
For The People Entertaiment:
O.F.T.B.-The Missing D.R. Files
Tha Realest-Tha Death Row Dayz Vol.1
Tha Realest-Tha Death Row Dayz Vol.2
Top Dogg-Dogg Dayz
J Flexx-Stayin Alive
Kurupt-Row Rider
Kurupt-Against Tha Grain-The E.P.
Inside Death Row The Best Of... (& More!)
Petey Pablo-Life On Death Row
Petey Pablo-Same Eyez On Me
N.I.N.A.-Let Me Live
Above The Law-Death Row EP
Crooked I-Say Hi To The Bad Guy-The E.P.

EFFeX

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »
Top Dogg-Dogg Dayz
J Flexx-Stayin Alive
Kurupt-Row Rider
N.I.N.A.-Let Me Live

I think he just wanted official releases.   ;)

Blasphemy

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:17 PM »
Yeah, but Death Row actually put out Dogg Pound's "2002" album. So it's an official Death Row release.

Its a official release, but its consider a type of non-official one artist wise.  But yes, they still are official death Row Releases.

Da Nard

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
Top Dogg-Dogg Dayz
J Flexx-Stayin Alive
Kurupt-Row Rider
N.I.N.A.-Let Me Live

dont trip got these bootlegs already   ;)

Da Nard

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »

The Chronic - Dr. Dre - 1992
DoggyStyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg - 1993
Dogg Food - Tha Dogg Pound - 1995
All Eyez On Me - 2pac - 19960
The Don Killuminati The 7 Day Theory - Makaveli - 1996
Tha Dogg Father - Snoop Doggy Dogg - 1996
Necessary Roughness - Lady of  Rage - 1997
Retaliation Revenge and Get Back - Daz Dillinger - 1998
Hung Jury - Michelle - 1998
Against Tha Grain - Kurupt - 2005

Those are all artist released the following are compilations featuring newer material

Christmas on Death Row - 1996
Suge Knight Represents The Chronic 2000 - 1999
Too Gangsta 4 Radio - 2000

The following are 2pac releases

Still I Rise - 1999
Until the End of Time - 2001
Better Days - 2002
Nu Mixx Klazzics Vol. 1. - 2003
Nu Mixx Klazzics Vol. 2. - 2007

The Following Consist of Sound Tracks

Above The Rim - 1994
Murder Was the Case - 1994
GridLock'd - 1997
Gang Related - 1997
Dysfunktional Family - 2002

The following are releases put out that count as unofficial do to the artist Not being involved with putting them out.

Dead Man Walkin - Snoop Doggy Dogg - 2000
2002 - Tha Dogg Pound - 2001

The Following are various Greatest Hits/compilations containing No new material (except unreleased tracks)

Death Row Greatest Hits (Note: Contains a track No Vaseline, this was not a Death Row track and was put on to take aim at former artist. Ice Cube has never been signed to Death Row) - 1996
Death Row Greatest Hits Vol. 2. - 2003
Death Row The Singles - Contains various hard to find B-Sides, remixes, and previously unreleased remixes of singles. - 2007
Death Row Dayz - 2007 (A compilation of 3 Greatest Hits albums)

Because of Death Row constant rereleasing of previous releases. Each artist Received their own Great Hits line.

2pac
The Poet
Greatest Hits

Dr. Dre
The Chronicle: Best of the Works
Chronicles: Death Row Classics

Snoop Doggy Dogg
Death Row: Snoop Doggy Dogg at His Best - 2001
Chronicles - 2007

Basically all the stuff. if I missed anything please let me know. 8)

Please note with rereleases, Publishing, rights and various legalities change what's labeled on The pressing. If you want Death Row Logos, you must order First pressing for some of these albums.

good looking out man.had most of these down..
 :)

Blasphemy

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
Top Dogg-Dogg Dayz
J Flexx-Stayin Alive
Kurupt-Row Rider
N.I.N.A.-Let Me Live

dont trip got these bootlegs already   ;)

Don't forget The Chronic 2 Poppa's Got A Brand New Funk. This currently is on lock down by a bootlegger. If you want some tracks that are suppose to be on it. Look up my Life (smoking weed for hours), Keep There Heads Ringing, and um there was another one that was released. Can't remember lol If I remember I'll post it.