Author Topic: True or False?  (Read 523 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
True or False?
« on: September 27, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
the bigger the name you are, the better chance of people hating on you?

Tupac for example, biggest name in rap history & all i read on this board is how he is overrated; whereas a guy like Big L (who never reached stardom of Pac or Big) will never get shitted on, only praised.

i feel if Pac & L switched shoes, people would be all over L, being super critical & shit.

Joe Budden - a few years ago, nobody really cared; a lot of people bumped some of his shit, along with Mood Muzik; gets called the best rapper according to the worldwide web & then he becomes the most hated rapper in the industry lol.

Lil' Wayne - C1, C2 dropped & everybody was feelin' his music. deemed the "Best Rapper Alive", changed his "on the mic" personality & gained a massive amount of hate.

there are many more cases like this, but this is just to name a few.

almost as if popularity is a rappers worst enemy.

also, you guys think that the internet & letting people give their opinions on literally every website affects some rappers persona?

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: True or False?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »
Obviously the more popular u are, the more people will find a reason to hate, that goes for anything tbh

Using the examples u named i'd say Pac gets hate cos of the whole e/w beef, Budden gets alot of hate cos he speaks his mind too often, and his 'internet soldiers' (lol!) make him out like he's god and well Wayne gets hate cos of all the autotune bullshit, so it's not like all people hate just for the sake of it

But it's true what ur saying, however too often if u say u dislike a big name like Pac/Nas/Jay/Em people say ur a hater, almost as if ur not allowed to have an opinion, which is bullshit

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »
Obviously the more popular u are, the more people will find a reason to hate, that goes for anything tbh

Using the examples u named i'd say Pac gets hate cos of the whole e/w beef, Budden gets alot of hate cos he speaks his mind too often, and his 'internet soldiers' (lol!) make him out like he's god and well Wayne gets hate cos of all the autotune bullshit, so it's not like all people hate just for the sake of it

But it's true what ur saying, however too often if u say u dislike a big name like Pac/Nas/Jay/Em people say ur a hater, almost as if ur not allowed to have an opinion, which is bullshit
agree

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »
Define hate because that word gets thrown around about as much as stan or dickrider.

I personally do not mind when I am listening to a artist saying hey you know what, I am not feeling this record, or even their entire catalog. At least by listening to it I am forming a opinion. Not hate, just being 100.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:36:33 PM »
my main point is, you will never hear anybody talk down upon the likes of Raekwon or AZ or Immortal Technique.

just for the simple reason that they never are the main topic of conversation.

i remember when Drake was just starting & everybody was like "wow, this dude is the fuckin' shit!".

BLEW THE FUCK UP with some songs & then i read things like "ahh, that nigga Drake ain't all that, he's alright".

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »
my main point is, you will never hear anybody talk down upon the likes of Raekwon or AZ or Immortal Technique.

i remember when Drake was just starting & everybody was like "wow, this dude is the fuckin' shit!".

BLEW THE FUCK UP with some songs & then i read things like "ahh, that nigga Drake ain't all that, he's alright".

Nah I hear people talk about them as well. That and when you put out good material, most will not have things to say.

These days in music alot of artists buzz is pre fabricated. My personal opinion on Drake for example is that he had his deal in place loooooooong before. But to create buzz about him, they made it seem like there was this bidding war to sign him. Off of that, people naturally want to be around and involved with what is in and hot at the moment. He did not have that much material I believe other than a few singles, so for the average mindless followers is like yeah he is dope. But once the buzz died off and more people listen, then it is time to move to something else.

No different then Wayne saying he is the greatest rapper alive. People's attention span is short and as quick as you are the shit, is as quick as you are not the shit. People rate trends more than the music at hand.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 10:49:50 PM »

Nah I hear people talk about them as well. That and when you put out good material, most will not have things to say.

These days in music alot of artists buzz is pre fabricated. My personal opinion on Drake for example is that he had his deal in place loooooooong before. But to create buzz about him, they made it seem like there was this bidding war to sign him. Off of that, people naturally want to be around and involved with what is in and hot at the moment. He did not have that much material I believe other than a few singles, so for the average mindless followers is like yeah he is dope. But once the buzz died off and more people listen, then it is time to move to something else.

No different then Wayne saying he is the greatest rapper alive. People's attention span is short and as quick as you are the shit, is as quick as you are not the shit. People rate trends more than the music at hand.

i dig it.

great response. 8)

Elano

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 10:56:39 PM »
Joe Budden - a few years ago, nobody really cared; a lot of people bumped some of his shit, along with Mood Muzik; gets called the best rapper according to the worldwide web & then he becomes the most hated rapper in the industry lol.

ROTFL
gets called the best rapper according to what ? THE WORLWIDE WEB ?  :D :laugh:

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 10:57:17 PM »

i dig it.

great response. 8)

Shit is not right but it is what it is. I am starting to see things change a little bit. Budden (and I hope I am not starting a 11 page rant about him) has SO MUCH stuff going on even outside of music that I think alot of people judge his actions along with his music. So everything gets blown out of proportion. For example, damn Joe got punched in his eye and his verses on SH was ehh. See that is why I don't like him. For Real? lol. As dumb as what Ras Kass did in handling the whole Game situation, does not change my opinion on him as a rapper. He still is ill to me.

Me personally I dig Budden's music, and him getting punched or whatever him and big booty Tahiry are going through is not going to change my opinion of the music.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 11:30:10 PM »

i dig it.

great response. 8)

Shit is not right but it is what it is. I am starting to see things change a little bit. Budden (and I hope I am not starting a 11 page rant about him) has SO MUCH stuff going on even outside of music that I think alot of people judge his actions along with his music. So everything gets blown out of proportion. For example, damn Joe got punched in his eye and his verses on SH was ehh. See that is why I don't like him. For Real? lol. As dumb as what Ras Kass did in handling the whole Game situation, does not change my opinion on him as a rapper. He still is ill to me.

Me personally I dig Budden's music, and him getting punched or whatever him and big booty Tahiry are going through is not going to change my opinion of the music.

you're a good man then.

i just noticed when Budden got massive online praise, it's the moment that he began to get massive hate lol.

like i personally thought Rae handeled the Joey beef all wrong & really looked like the bitch if you see if in my perspective, but outside shit like that doesn't affect the music; OB4CL2 was dope as fuck, one of the top albums of the year. 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:24 PM »

i dig it.

great response. 8)

you're a good man then.

i just noticed when Budden got massive online praise, it's the moment that he began to get massive hate lol.

like i personally thought Rae handeled the Joey beef all wrong & really looked like the bitch if you see if in my perspective, but outside shit like that doesn't affect the music; OB4CL2 was dope as fuck, one of the top albums of the year. 8)

Yep. He was no longer that "underground" MC. He was mainstream and in the mainstream you are fair game.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 08:12:58 AM »

I find AZ very boring.

kemizt

Shango

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 11:06:40 AM »
Its True but I always disliked Lil Wayne even when he wasnt that famous, agree with Pac,he is/was the best, now they call him overrated... :sshh:

Portugoal

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »
the bigger the name you are, the better chance of people hating on you?

Tupac for example, biggest name in rap history & all i read on this board is how he is overrated; whereas a guy like Big L (who never reached stardom of Pac or Big) will never get shitted on, only praised.

As for 2Pac... I think that many of those who are or were a fan of his now realize what an artist he really was. The younger generation is more likely to think he's overrated because they never experienced Pac's music as others might have done.

Lil' Wayne - C1, C2 dropped & everybody was feelin' his music. deemed the "Best Rapper Alive", changed his "on the mic" personality & gained a massive amount of hate.

He did fall the fuck off. Compare C1 (which was his worst album to date then) to C3 and it's undeniable he fell off.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
I think Pac is a tough call. He's actually my favorite hip-hop artist of all-time but even I shake my head at a lot of things that some of these fans say. It has a lot to do with him being no longer with us. They've created this idea in their mind that he was more than human. It's like people can't seperate their own vision of who Pac was with the reality. Yes, he was one of the greatest artists in the hip-hop genre but he wasn't bigger than it and to argue that there are other artists who were just as good for other reasons is not blasphemy.

But in general, the argument is true of any entertainer or public figure. They love you until you get THIS big and then they need to bring you back down. Nnobody wants to root for the person that has everything because it's not appealing. They'll root for their underdog until he becomes more than that and then they need to see him/her fall so they can cheer them again we they get back up. It's a certainty with anyone whose career is followed by millions of people.