Author Topic: Upcoming "box set" from Wideawake?  (Read 3296 times)

EFFeX

Re: Upcoming "box set" from Wideawake?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 08:42:17 PM »
just got words that it has an unreleased Lady of Rage track "Midnite Hour"  :)

just got another update about Crooked I on the boxset

it will have an unreleased Crooked I song "Do It Again"

thats all i know for now  :)

Is that the only one it will have?

By the way for people who don't know, that's a track from "Say Hi To The Bad Guy".

woof

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »

By the way for people who don't know, that's a track from "Say Hi To The Bad Guy".

i dunno yet and you are right it was on the unleaked version of SHTTBG

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 08:48:08 PM »
unreleased version of shit bag??    :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »

Yeah it samples...

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »
Thanks to everyone for dropping the updates; greatly appreciated.  I am definitely going to support and I hope it sells well. 

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »
wideawake is fucking dumb as hell.

nobody who wants unreleased death row shit wants a greatest hits and nobody who wants a cd of death rows biggest singles is going to want a bunch of random unreleased songs.

mother fuckers on here are straight bending over backwards to defend them too. 45 would be reasonable if it was for 3 cds and a dvd of shit i don't already have. if they're so interested in pleasing the fans why are they making us buy a bunch of shit for extra money we already have. plus its not even smart. NEW 2 disk albums never sell nearly as well as one disk let alone 4 disk sets of ancient shit for 45 dollars.

people are so gah gah over unreleased death row material they're willing to justify anything.

::)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 10:58:01 PM by 3331 »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »

nobody who wants unreleased death row shit wants a greatest hits and nobody who wants a cd of death rows biggest singles is going to want a bunch of random unreleased songs.

mother fuckers on here are straight bending over backwards to defend them too. 45 would be reasonable if it was for 3 cds and a dvd of shit i don't already have. if they're so interested in pleasing the fans why are they making us buy a bunch of shit for extra money we already have. plus its not even smart. NEW 2 disk albums never sell nearly as well as one disk let alone 4 disk sets of ancient shit for 45 dollars.

i want Doggystyle and Makaveli remastered and 2 discs of unrelreased material  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Jimmy H.

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »

people are so gah gah over unreleased death row material they're willing to justify anything.

I don't know. It seems like a good move to me. You got people spending close to that amount on one CD of unreleased material that is burned to a CD-R. I think it's a good way to attract both new and old fans. Again, the other Death Row hits albums were put out by the other company so they need newer versions to compete with the old catalog as a way to make a return on their investment. We'll see what happens there.

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 12:58:32 AM »

I don't know. It seems like a good move to me. You got people spending close to that amount on one CD of unreleased material that is burned to a CD-R. I think it's a good way to attract both new and old fans. Again, the other Death Row hits albums were put out by the other company so they need newer versions to compete with the old catalog as a way to make a return on their investment. We'll see what happens there.

if there trying to sell it at a price death row stan price that's who will buy it.... all 50 of them.

theres not that much interest in death row. a compilation isn't going to be drawing in too many new fans and if it does that 45 dollar price tag is going to kill any interest.

i'm not saying they couldn't get a few sales a month off a death row greatest hits but it makes no sense to attach it to this rarity collection. they should sell them separately so people aren't paying for stuff they don't need.

and a DEATH ROW GREATEST HITS not even an artists greatest hits. those have to be the absolute most casual fans there are. its going to be california love and nothin but a g thing. people who are going to buy it are mostly going to be people who just want a few hits they've heard on a disk.

Jaydc

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 01:23:18 AM »
I agree the attaching a greatest hits to it is just so redundant.Like Ive stated before,death row already a bunch of greatest hits packages available.Including a double disc one that came with a dvd full of music videos.Sounds like their just re packaging that and including one more disc.

V2DHeart

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 01:39:15 AM »
I agree that it's a necessary route that has to be taken whenever buying over a catalogue - is 1) to re-release that entire catalogue, or 2) Incorporate it into other projects, like we're seeing with the Death Row Ultimate Box Set

Death Row heads will definitely buy it anyway, collectors will easily purchase 1/2 copies, and random rap fans will go into a shop, See The Greatest Hits CD, and the ultimate Death Row box set, which has that, as well as a DVD of videos, and unreleased music disc included and be more inclined to buy that one..

The problem with re-releasing an entire catalogue of music in 2009 is that the product probably wont generate much sales, as it would buy offering something "new" as well as "old" on their releases. Good business move in my opinion
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

woof

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »

Yeah it samples...

deathrowmusic forum admin confirmed the crooked i track and said there is another crooked i song from the Dogg Pound Record days!!

i tried to get other updates today it will have 2pac "Never Had A Friend Like Me", Dogg Pound "New York New York" and  (unreleased??) Soopafly "Ain't No Trippin"

it would be nice to get the full version of "New York New York" and not the Dogg Food LP version, maybe someone should ask on the deathrow forum

JohnnyL

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 11:21:26 AM »

Yeah it samples...

deathrowmusic forum admin confirmed the crooked i track and said there is another crooked i song from the Dogg Pound Record days!!

i tried to get other updates today it will have 2pac "Never Had A Friend Like Me", Dogg Pound "New York New York" and  (unreleased??) Soopafly "Ain't No Trippin"

it would be nice to get the full version of "New York New York" and not the Dogg Food LP version, maybe someone should ask on the deathrow forum

Great news.  I'm more looking forward to the Dogg Pound Music era track.  Did he mention the name of that one?

woof

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »
no he didn't and i dunno either

illmatic02

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
sorry i couldn't post the whole pic, here's the track list there sending out to retailers...