Author Topic: Who gets the best of this Fantasy Football trade?!  (Read 208 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Who gets the best of this Fantasy Football trade?!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
OchoCino & Grant

If all purpose yards are counted, then Williams & Sproles.

i don't know.

with LT lookin' unhealthy, Sproles is the go to guy in SD.

Roy is #1 WR, #2 option to Witten in Dallas.

if Ocho could put up numbers he put up a few years back, i would think differently lol.
It's become clear that Sproles can't handle being an every down RB. He is pretty good at running outside the tackles and catching screens. And when L.T. comes back, regardless of how well he is, will take some (if not most) of Sproles' touches.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »
OchoCino & Grant

i don't know.

if Ocho could put up numbers he put up a few years back, i would think differently lol.
It's become clear that Sproles can't handle being an every down RB. He is pretty good at running outside the tackles and catching screens. And when L.T. comes back, regardless of how well he is, will take some (if not most) of Sproles' touches.

i agree, but like you said, screens and stuff.

for fantasy, it's all good.

Grant is a better "back", but as for catching balls and getting some handoffs, i think he would put up better numbers overall than Grant.

& like i was saying, Ocho hasn't been impressive in a few years.

but it's a close deal, regardless of which end of it you get.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »
OchoCino & Grant

i don't know.

Grant is a better "back", but as for catching balls and getting some handoffs, i think he would put up better numbers overall than Grant.

It is a close deal like u said, which is the only reason the other guy agreed....other then the fact that he has LT as his number 1 pick lol So he needs the insurance of Sproles.  The way I measured it out is, You have Ryan Grant who is ok...I wont start him every week for sure cus I have DeAngelo Williams and Frank Gore.  Not to mention Julius Jones who plays in a more "run first" kind of offense.  But Grant is the main back in Green Bay. He is the guy. Sproles will ALWAYS split carries. Even when LT is out, Sproles will split carries with Michael Bennett.  Not to mention, they use him a lot in the return game (which wont count towards his fantasy points), so they wont want to over use him during the season.  Roy Willaims vs Ocho to me is almost a no brainer right now.  Anything can happen throughout the season. But simply, Ocho will get thrown to far more often then Roy will.  The Cowboys when they are healthy have a solid run game, meaning they WILL try to run the ball...and when Romo throws he only throws to Witten.  If Cincy is going to be successful at all, Ocho will have to get the ball. Theyve thrown to Ocho over 9 times per game, where as Roy only gets thrown to 6.  And Cincy will be playing from behind more often the Dallas will (i think), which means they will be passing the ball alot.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »
OchoCino & Grant

i don't know.

It is a close deal like u said, which is the only reason the other guy agreed....other then the fact that he has LT as his number 1 pick lol So he needs the insurance of Sproles.  The way I measured it out is, You have Ryan Grant who is ok...I wont start him every week for sure cus I have DeAngelo Williams and Frank Gore.  Not to mention Julius Jones who plays in a more "run first" kind of offense.  But Grant is the main back in Green Bay. He is the guy. Sproles will ALWAYS split carries. Even when LT is out, Sproles will split carries with Michael Bennett.  Not to mention, they use him a lot in the return game (which wont count towards his fantasy points), so they wont want to over use him during the season.  Roy Willaims vs Ocho to me is almost a no brainer right now.  Anything can happen throughout the season. But simply, Ocho will get thrown to far more often then Roy will.  The Cowboys when they are healthy have a solid run game, meaning they WILL try to run the ball...and when Romo throws he only throws to Witten.  If Cincy is going to be successful at all, Ocho will have to get the ball. Theyve thrown to Ocho over 9 times per game, where as Roy only gets thrown to 6.  And Cincy will be playing from behind more often the Dallas will (i think), which means they will be passing the ball alot.

interesting philosophy of looking at it.

but i see it where since they have such a deep run game & Jason Witten, Roy Williams (although #1 wideout) is really the 3rd or 4th option in the play calling, meaning he might get thrown to less, but i think they will be deeper throws.

when you know the Bengals are throwing the ball, you know Ocho is the number one weapon they have on offense, they will key onto him.

so Ocho might get 9 passes thrown to him a game, but only 4 of them will be caught for decent yardage, he plays more of a decoy role when they are committed pass.

but i can't lie, if they catch fire & the offense comes into its own, Ocho can put amazing stats.

so if you have a view of the trade you think works for you, do it my man. 8)