Author Topic: Ice Cube - Growin' Up  (Read 770 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Ice Cube - Growin' Up
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 04:50:32 PM »
I don't think this would be a good single, it just doesn't have appeal to the average music fan. Any lover of hip hop would love this, because like WestCoastin' said he's talking about growing up, meeting Yella & Dre, his N.W.A. days up 'til now. Definatly one of the highlight tracks on the album, but I thought Why We Thugs, Chrome & Paint, Go to Church, Smoke Some Weed, and maybe even Child Support were better.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
I don't think this would be a good single, it just doesn't have appeal to the average music fan. Any lover of hip hop would love this, because like WestCoastin' said he's talking about growing up, meeting Yella & Dre, his N.W.A. days up 'til now. Definatly one of the highlight tracks on the album, but I thought Why We Thugs, Chrome & Paint, Go to Church, Smoke Some Weed, and maybe even Child Support were better.

all opinion.. ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 04:56:21 PM »
:P

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 05:57:31 PM »

all opinion.. ;D
^Yup...I still think he could use Growin' Up at least as a b-side for another single if Growin' Up isn't picked as a real single...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 07:15:36 PM »

all opinion.. ;D
^Yup...I still think he could use Growin' Up at least as a b-side for another single if Growin' Up isn't picked as a real single...

yup, and alot of times the B side of the single is bettter then the video itsself

The Best of 3 Worlds

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Ice Cube - Growin' Up ( should have had a better instrumental)
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »
I'd have to say this is my favorite track from "Laugh Now, Cry Later", the sample fits the beat real good & Cube's lyrics talkin' about growing up, meeting Yella & Dre, his N.W.A. days up 'til now...the beat is real smooth but bangin' at the same time, you don't hear many beats like  on "Growin' Up" these days... 8)

i like the story & it's cool that he's giving props to Eazy-E.
i used to have this song on my mp3 player, but the instrumental bored me so i deleted it :P
don't get me wrong, the laidback beat fits the story perfectly & Cube's delivery is great, but i wish the song had a better laidback beat.

Shango