Author Topic: Plies’ Hometown Considers Ban On Hip Hop  (Read 317 times)

Priest

• 'G'
Plies’ Hometown Considers Ban On Hip Hop
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:54:30 AM »
By Morris Moore

A councilman in Fort Myers, Florida, the hometown of world famous rapper Plies, is seeking to have Hip-Hop music banned at the Harborside Events Center and other venues downtown.

Councilman Warren Wright will discuss the possibility of barring the Hip-Hop of Hip-Hop shows and performances during a council meeting this Monday (October 5).

Warren argues that the Hip-Hop themed events attract violence to the downtown area, which is being redeveloped.

He cited an incident in September, after a concert featuring Plies at the Harborside Event Center, in which a bouncer was stabbed outside of local club.

The idea of banning Hip-Hop music has the support of Mayor Randy Henderson, who admitted to the Fort Myers’ News Press that he was offended by rap music.

"If there’s a legal way to do that, it’s a worthy idea," Henderson stated.

Invincible

Re: Plies’ Hometown Considers Ban On Hip Hop
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:30 PM »
Pathetic.

Manu.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:09:18 PM »
Pathetic.

Agreed. "Freedom of speech", that goes for music taste as well as for every other thing in this world..
even if he does aplogize that doesnt mean shit coming from a jew

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »
I put money on it that it won't go through

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 05:44:39 PM »
Haven't there been bouncers stabbed at clubs before rap music came into the picture ???  I've never head of a rap artist getting murdered at a show they've been doing.  Heard of a rock artist getting murdered at a show 5 years ago....Dimebag Darrell the founder of Pantera rip :(

I'm very sure rock/punk music attracts violence to areas also.

And i'm surprised nobody here talked about the councilman banning hiphop cause of hearing the songs of Plies :D  I don't know what Plies sounds like.  I remember seeing a cd with him in a ski mask that's it. 

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »
music doesnt kill people, people kill people

Cali Climate

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
Most of you complaining probably aren't used to the aftermath of rap shows in areas with actual crime problems. It's easy to have lofty ideals of how innocent hip hop is when you're in canada or some utopia, but you spend enough time at gritty little clubs in minority areas with rap shows you'll find it's an excuse for blacks and mexicans to go crazy and destroy things and fight. A lot of club owners refuse to hold rap shows so it's no surprise it's being taken to a new level.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »
Most of you complaining probably aren't used to the aftermath of rap shows in areas with actual crime problems. It's easy to have lofty ideals of how innocent hip hop is when you're in canada or some utopia, but you spend enough time at gritty little clubs in minority areas with rap shows you'll find it's an excuse for blacks and mexicans to go crazy and destroy things and fight. A lot of club owners refuse to hold rap shows so it's no surprise it's being taken to a new level.

You just said it yourself, it's an excuse, they are using it to identify with, similar to what dickheads who call themselves football (soccer supporters) do, it doesn't mean rap is to blame for that, likewise football is not to blame for the behaviour of those.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 10:27:43 AM »
ridiculous idea really...although if it means less people being subjected to Plies and the likes, then i can see some positive that could come from it  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Cali Climate

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »

You just said it yourself, it's an excuse, they are using it to identify with, similar to what dickheads who call themselves football (soccer supporters) do, it doesn't mean rap is to blame for that, likewise football is not to blame for the behaviour of those.

Of course not, but when the cons outweigh the pros so significantly, then it's not really worth the time and energy just to make a couple thousand bucks for the night.

LONDON!!

"get this money by any means nessassary"

yates

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 05:06:50 AM »

The idea of banning Hip-Hop music has the support of Mayor Randy Henderson, who admitted to the Fort Myers’ News Press that he was offended by rap music.

I'm offended by this guys fucking ignorance.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 05:35:23 AM »

For real.  I'm offended by some death metal but you don't see me trying to get my local government to ban the shit.  It's like this, if you don't like it, don't listen to it.
Time for a change...bring it!

Cali Climate

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 09:29:21 AM »

For real.  I'm offended by some death metal but you don't see me trying to get my local government to ban the shit.  It's like this, if you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Because no one shoots each other in the parking lot at death metal shows.