Author Topic: Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath qustion about this cd  (Read 897 times)

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath qustion about this cd
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »
i never herd this i know i know but there was is a reason well like 2 or 3 reasons

1 i was told back then i was very very shitty by more then one person

2 i dont dl cds and i never see this is the store

so some feed back would be dope good songs on the cd beats ect ect thanks peace
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

Lunatic

Re: Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath qustion about this cd
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:15:08 PM »
i dl cd's and never heard this either :laugh:  heard it was horrible so...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:15:46 PM »
It's a good CD, fuck what you heard.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 05:17:58 PM »
Well, the best song by far was "Been There Done That" as it was just Dre doing his thing. He also does some rhyming on "Got Me Open" by a group by the name of Hands-On, which is kinda a "No Diggity" type thing.

I also thought "Blunt Time" by RBX was pretty awesome too. However, supposedly there was a Dre version that was supposed to be on the Chronic II. There was also a Mel-Man song (one of the few that made it to the more successful Aftermath era). It's too bad Dre didn't take more time with the compilation and make more of a solo album instead of a compilation, because that way maybe some of the artists would've actually gotten some attention.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:01:17 PM »
few real nice songs (been there, str8 gone, east coast west coast killaz, blunt time). overall half assed compilation.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 06:04:12 PM »
An underrated album in my opinion but really not up to Dre's standards.  Most of the artists's just disappeared afterwards.

MarshColin

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
It wasn't a bad album by any means. It was different from what people expected out of Dre though. West coast fans would especially be disappointed with the majority of the tracks. Some of the R&B was dope though too. I would recommend checking it out at the least.

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »
i absolutely love this album, it gets unfairly hated on.  i love the live instrumention throughout the whole album. 
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 09:11:39 PM »
Well, the best song by far was "Been There Done That" as it was just Dre doing his thing. He also does some rhyming on "Got Me Open" by a group by the name of Hands-On, which is kinda a "No Diggity" type thing.

I also thought "Blunt Time" by RBX was pretty awesome too. However, supposedly there was a Dre version that was supposed to be on the Chronic II. There was also a Mel-Man song (one of the few that made it to the more successful Aftermath era). It's too bad Dre didn't take more time with the compilation and make more of a solo album instead of a compilation, because that way maybe some of the artists would've actually gotten some attention.

The beat on that Mel Man song was wicked! Mel's subpar rhymes are laughable and take away from the song.  The right lyricists would've made it an Aftermath classic

BIGWORM

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 09:12:08 PM »
St8 Gone & Blunt Time are the only 2 good tracks on this album. It was horrible. Even the brand of R&B he tried to drop on it sucked ass.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
It's not a classic project by any means but it's nowhere near as bad as its reputation. It was Dr. Dre coming off of Death Row and trying to do something different. The big problem was Dre was only on one song as an artist and only a few more as a producer. It was not what fans had come to expect from Dre and so it kind of went over poorly with people.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
i dl cd's and never heard this either :laugh:  heard it was horrible so...

Half the album is sick, you're missing out on some dope tracks!

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 11:55:15 PM »
 Yeah some cool tracks on there. The king-t songs were stand outs an yeah dres solo an rbx's solo. The track with Nas, rbx, krs-1 and b-real had some good verses but the song wasnt as good as you'd expect.
 Too much r&b. Some no name rappers had a couple of ok songs on there.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 12:53:27 AM »
Yeah some cool tracks on there. The king-t songs were stand outs an yeah dres solo an rbx's solo. The track with Nas, rbx, krs-1 and b-real had some good verses but the song wasnt as good as you'd expect.
 Too much r&b. Some no name rappers had a couple of ok songs on there.

Yup basically too much average rnb is what brought the project down!

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 02:44:49 AM »
i luvd dat album . shit has one of RBX;s best song and some smooth r&b shit.... been there done that...banger....
solid compilation