Author Topic: Rock>>>>>>Hip-Hop  (Read 1057 times)

Invincible

Re: Rock>>>>>>Hip-Hop
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 10:49:11 AM »
its all black music anyways

How is that relative?

About as relative as him on this forum.

midwestryder

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »
A genre thats been around for 30 years against one thats been around for about 60.I would hope it would have more hits.

And modern rock is awful.Hip hop is doing better rock then rock by a long shot in the last ten years.Really,what good bands have come out lately.

Rock music is still played. I live in fuckin' Minnesota, were people prefer rock to rap any day, and even their rock stations play only rock older than 10 years. Sad, it's like rock died in 1999.
todays hip hop > mordern crap called rock. you are right rocked died in 1999. rap has alot better artist today then mordern rock . modern rock is for little brainwashed racist white boys who don't think hip hop is cool or don't want to be a called wigger..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 04:02:53 PM »
its all black music anyways

How is that relative?

because it helps him keep that "real hood nigga" profile.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
A genre thats been around for 30 years against one thats been around for about 60.I would hope it would have more hits.

And modern rock is awful.Hip hop is doing better rock then rock by a long shot in the last ten years.Really,what good bands have come out lately.

Rock music is still played. I live in fuckin' Minnesota, were people prefer rock to rap any day, and even their rock stations play only rock older than 10 years. Sad, it's like rock died in 1999.
todays hip hop > mordern crap called rock. you are right rocked died in 1999. rap has alot better artist today then mordern rock . modern rock is for little brainwashed racist white boys who don't think hip hop is cool or don't want to be a called wigger..

You're being a close minded bigot.  You're no different from the said people you criticize.  That's such a fucking stupid comment to make, what the fuck are you thinking?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »
the state of all music is pretty shitty, but imo rock >>> hip hop, so wether its 80s, 90s or today, ill always go for rock more (or other genres like soul and blues (doesnt really exist today))

Moe

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »
lily allen music>rock

Sikotic™

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
fuck music in general. i don't give a shit what genre it is.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

midwestryder

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2009, 11:26:21 PM »

You're being a close minded bigot.  You're no different from the said people you criticize.  That's such a fucking stupid comment to make, what the fuck are you thinking?
no , i am not close minded bigot like you . i am telling the truth . i only listen to classic rock & heavy metal & rockl 1999 & before . rock  roll & metal went to crap . you forget i am 31 years old going on 32 in jan & that i from the best eras of music the 80's & 90's  . so  i know what iam talking about . todays hip hop is still better then that crap ass pop sellout sonding music called rock today. so , i am not close minded bigot like you . i am just someone who speaking the truth the rock n roll died in 1999 & sold out.so my commett was  truthful commmett not stupid one liIKE what you said to me.  I am, just telling the facts & the truth. it is not my fault you can't handle it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:17:30 PM by midwestryder »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »
You're a fucking idiot and an obvious bigot in denial.  You're making the said statement that you're preference is superior and being close minded.

Matter of fact you're pretty much a fucking loser - 32 and posting on forums? 

lol
- Banks

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »
Matter of fact you're pretty much a fucking loser - 32 and posting on forums? 

lol

You're being close minded.

lol

I don't disagree with the thread topic, but my preference is hip hop.

Blasphemy

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 12:54:41 AM »
I can't understand mother fuckers criticizing hip-hop So let me get this straight, You're allowed to  talk about Political Injustice, goverment beat downs when in reality you never experienced it Yet I can't sing about how the government screws me over on a daily basis, or how we face it. See that's some hypocritical shit, they want to talk about all this bullshit like it happened to them, but the moment The blacks or Mexicans started talking about it because we actually had the problem, they see is a threat because they are fakers. They never experienced how this government/media constantly portrays blacks and mexicans as nothing but some stereotype. Look in the past cartoons, look into days media, Its always there in some form.They act like goverment took them out, they never had to deal with the fact, that they Over  tax us while they get breaks. See they are hypocrites.

Its alright for you to sing about Hell but I can't sing about how the Police beat me down cause I'm brown? Or cause I can't pay my bills because the only help they offer takes 2-4 years when the rent is due next week..Yet Country Stars can talk about there own problems, with there women, and life. We saying the exact same thing.Only difference they (not all) have a problem is  because the mexicans and blacks the ones who truly faced this bullshit system on a every day basis are talking about it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do what they do, but they shouldn't hate that all we talk about is "gangsters, hoes, or the hood" because that be like us hating a Country star or a Rockstar for complaining about his own problems. They talk about Injustice, You want to talk about REAL Injustice, how come you'll fucking crucify my people when we want to say the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish, yet you have no problem with  Referencing a Illegal Drug. Its bullshit, Hypocritical bullshit, and Don't expect a mother fucker to buy into yours or anyone elses way.

Cause as a mexican I know were we stand. I know for a fact if it wasn't for Ceasar Chavez, you'd still be sticking us in piss poor housing, but the situation is way bigger,  and most people never want to see teh full situation.  anyways, getting off track.

They can say Hip-Hop is just derived from other genres, its nothing more then a Loop. They can't say how ever its bullshit, cause its the only thing we got, its ours, it talks about our problems, its our way to express ourself. Whites already took all the black music, blues,soul,funk, and rock.  Hip-Hop is the only thing the minority has.

Cause rock doesn't talk about what we see every day. Rap does, G-Funk does, I'll take any god damn N.W.A Record over Slayers Raining blood.

Now don't get me wrong, I like rock (Even like slayer lol) but I'm just saying, the way the Entire thing is, the way America Grew, how every race had there own growing process. You got 2 see its more then just a matter if the music is good or just some white guy hating on black music. Its so much bigger, The point is, they can't criticize Hip-Hop,  Cause it would be a hypocrite move.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 07:46:54 AM »
Influence?  That's how you judge the caliber of music?

Influence is a very important part of establishing a bands relevance. In 10 years time a band that is not influential will be forgotten about by all but their most die hard of fans, so yes I do think so. Name one classic band that wasn't influential at all. you'll find it's not possible. If a band is good then other people will be influenced by their music.

I disagree about Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam.  I think they've done what they've always done similar to the Rolling Stones.  Poor rock music is nickleback.

This is my point, they are just doing what they always do. Those bands peaked about a decade ago and even then they didn't bring anything new to the table, they are making the same album over and over again but worse. The difference between them and nickelback is not as great as you'd like to think, and infact the past few nickelback albums actuallly had a different sound than their previous albums. I'm not saying I enjoyed them, but at least they TRIED to move their sound forward, even if only a little.

What's your list of artists from the past decade?  Who do you look up to?

Again this is the point I'm making, I don't feel there have been many great bands in the past decade, off the top of my head I can't think of any. The biggest band of the decade was probably Radiohead, and OK Computer was 12 years ago! Even if you think they peaked on kid a/amnesiac, that was almost 10 years ago, and those albums weren't even rock music! So what I'm saying is it's been the worst decade for rock music since it's creation and I don't see it improving anytime soon.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 08:18:38 AM »
By your logic it's all a step back from the classical compositions of the past.  All music has been been devolving for a long time.  iTt's all meaningless now!!!!!!1111 runnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111  cut my wrists there's nothign special about anythign blah blah balh
- Banks

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 08:32:58 AM »
thats not my logic at all, its a really stupid cop-out and you know it. in 10 years time do u really think there will be a new movement in rock that draws its influences from this decade? just because rock is stale and boring at the moment does not mean i beleive "ZOMG ALL TEH  SONGS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN YEARS AGO! THERE IS NO NEW MUSIC". it just means that rock really is boring as hell right now and not much new is happening and in the future it may improve

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 12:44:28 PM »

you straddle a thin line

i don't agree with your opinion that it's boring.  i think it's fresh.

your argument just frustrates me.  i see it in old people all the time.  and if not in them in fucking elitist who i wish would be silent about said superiority
- Banks