Author Topic: thank you denmark (soccer/football)  (Read 1673 times)

Portugoal

Re: thank you denmark (soccer/football)
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »
Mau: We never do

lol

portugal is more known for unsporty behavior than germany

They got Ballack.

Ballack aside, we're  one of the fairest nations in Europe, whereas Portugal did some really shameful stuff in the past ( the game vs Netherlands in WM 06 or the game aganist France in EM 2000 for example)

That might be true... either way you still have a bad reputation. Blame Ballack, Mattheus, Voller, etc, etc.

Mau: We never do

lol

portugal is more known for unsporty behavior than germany
Aren't U from Holland? lol. The game against Portugal in Euro 04' was unbelievably dirty on Holland's part.

That's not true and even if it would be true, Portugal was the dirtiest of both teams... but do you still think about that game? lol

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »
^Yep

everyone talking about how dirty Portugal was in that game, give me a break..Go back and put it on..in the opening TWO minutes of the game, Ronaldo was the victim of two very nasty, dirty fouls. Holland set the tone from the beginning. They bit off more than they could chew.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Portugoal

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »
^Yep

everyone talking about how dirty Portugal was in that game, give me a break..Go back and put it on..in the opening TWO minutes of the game, Ronaldo was the victim of two very nasty, dirty fouls. Holland set the tone from the beginning. They bit off more than they could chew.

it's 2009 and I wouldn't be bothered if Portugal's team won't be there in 2010. They're dirty, they're unsporty, they smell, they're unfair, they're foul and they stink.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
^Yep

it's 2009 and I wouldn't be bothered if Portugal's team won't be there in 2010. They're dirty, they're unsporty, they smell, they're unfair, they're foul and they stink.
Of course U don't want us there...we're responsible for eliminating your team TWICE in recent memory :P

we're clearly better than Holland, which explains why u wouldn't want us there

Regardless though, WE WILL be there in 2010  ;) ;)

Portugoal

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »
and lol @ 'we' when a Canadian talks about Portugal

by the way, it's Kokane on that new Snoop joint :laugh:

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »
and lol @ 'we' when a Canadian talks about Portugal

by the way, it's Kokane on that new Snoop joint :laugh:
"we" because my roots are 100% Portuguese 8)

that last message must have hit a nerve  :D

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 11:16:27 AM »
^Yep

real talk

Invincible

Re: THANK YOU DENMARK (soccer/football)
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
^Ya, we will. And then play in the playoff:

Ukraine
Ireland
Boznia
Slovakia
Slovenia

1 of those 5.

I hope you get France.  ;D

I hope Ireland get through their play-off. They are a good team to watch. Oh and Slovakia qualified so its either France, Greece or Russia aswell as the other 4.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »

Ukraine
Ireland
Boznia
Slovakia
Slovenia

1 of those 5.

I hope Ireland get through their play-off. They are a good team to watch. Oh and Slovakia qualified so its either France, Greece or Russia aswell as the other 4.

It's going to be Bosnia, Slovakia, Ireland or Ukraine. The draw is going to be seeded for some bullshit reason or other.

Invincible

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 03:26:05 PM »

Ukraine
Ireland
Boznia
Slovakia
Slovenia

1 of those 5.

It's going to be Bosnia, Slovakia, Ireland or Ukraine. The draw is going to be seeded for some bullshit reason or other.

Really? What the fuck, how the hell will they seed them?

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »
^the seeding is smart. It goes by FIFA ranking.

Top 4 seeds play bottom 4 seeds (draw)

Russia
France
Greece
Portugal

will play

Ukraine
Ireland
Bosnia
Slovakia

This is smart. Do U really wanna see Portugal playing France and Bosnia playing Slovakia? It's better this way.

Invincible

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »
^the seeding is smart. It goes by FIFA ranking.

Top 4 seeds play bottom 4 seeds (draw)

Russia
France
Greece
Portugal

will play

Ukraine
Ireland
Bosnia
Slovakia

This is smart. Do U really wanna see Portugal playing France and Bosnia playing Slovakia? It's better this way.

It takes away the chance of 1 of those countries being able to make it when they rarely ever go to finals. I think its bullshit. Theres aready a couple of teams going to that World Cup that have no chance (North Korea and either New Zealand or Bahrain) so why would it matter which teams qualify? Its not every World Cup that Bosnia has a chance as big as this to qualify and the World Cup only comes around every 4 years.

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
^But Portugal & France have performed pretty well in the last few tournaments. Last 3 major tournaments, Portugal were final 8 teams; 2 of which final 4, and finals. France were finalists in the last WC. So just because there are a couple of teams going that have no chance, they should try and send more of them? I don't think so. If they can beat Portugal or France, they deserve to be there.

That's nobodies fault but Bosnia.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »
Yeah but why should Portugal and France etc. have it easy, there should be a level playing field and the decision to seed the draw when qualifying is well under way is bullshit and clearly FIFA shitting it because the World Cup may have ended up missing a few so called big teams.

Invincible

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »
^But Portugal & France have performed pretty well in the last few tournaments. Last 3 major tournaments, Portugal were final 8 teams; 2 of which final 4, and finals. France were finalists in the last WC. So just because there are a couple of teams going that have no chance, they should try and send more of them? I don't think so. If they can beat Portugal or France, they deserve to be there.

That's nobodies fault but Bosnia.

But by saying that, you could also say its France's and Portugals fault for not making it through the group stages. They were the top seeds in their respective groups so they have already been given the best chance of qualifying. So basically what I'm saying is why should the lower seeded teams suffer just because the 1st seeded teams couldn't make it through their groups?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:28:48 PM by Invincible »