Author Topic: thank you denmark (soccer/football)  (Read 1676 times)

Lunatic

Re: thank you denmark (soccer/football)
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
^I really wouldn't say it's suffering though. It's just being looked like that because Portugal & France are power houses. I don't think FIFA is making this shit up as it goes along; I imagine its the rules of the playoffs. When is the draw? Can't wait to see who we get.

The games are being played on Nov. 14 and 18
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 09:41:33 PM »
^ok, draw is Monday to answer my own Q

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 04:33:32 AM »
They actually changed the rules last minute. And guys, it's Slovenia, not Slovakia that is in the extra qualifications.

Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »
^I still don't see it as a big deal. I'd wish they'd do this more with Champions League than they already do. Sevilla's group is a joke :-X

Bosnia should not play Slovenia, and Portugal shouldn't play France.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 12:43:48 PM »
Big teams shouldn't play other big teams and small teams shouldn't play other small teams?

Fuck it then, let's just cancel the competition and just present the world cup to the big teams and have it rotate between them every 4 years. ::)

That would probably still rule Portugal out from getting the world cup though. :P

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 12:49:27 PM »
stop hating portugal is making it to the world cup ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »
Big teams shouldn't play other big teams and small teams shouldn't play other small teams?

Fuck it then, let's just cancel the competition and just present the world cup to the big teams and have it rotate between them every 4 years. ::)

That would probably still rule Portugal out from getting the world cup though. :P
we can just all agree to disagree lol. I am in favor of the seeding and not because it gives us an easy match. Just like if they did it in South America and for whatever reason Brazil nor Argentina finished first, I would say they shouldn't play each other and say Chile ends up playing Ecuador.

LOL nice shot at the end, whose your team? Please say England :P (we own)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 01:01:30 PM »

we can just all agree to disagree lol. I am in favor of the seeding and not because it gives us an easy match. Just like if they did it in South America and for whatever reason Brazil nor Argentina finished first, I would say they shouldn't play each other and say Chile ends up playing Ecuador.

LOL nice shot at the end, whose your team? Please say England :P (we own)

Certainly not England :nawty:

Lunatic

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »
^haha, who then?

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 01:20:53 PM »
I'm not saying it would only reinforce the idea that I'm bitter. Also that said team are a fucking embarrassment. :laugh:

Seriously though I have no problem with Portugal I just don't like the set up of the competition.

Lunatic

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »
I'm not saying it would only reinforce the idea that I'm bitter. Also that said team are a fucking embarrassment. :laugh:

Seriously though I have no problem with Portugal I just don't like the set up of the competition.
Ok, so it's definitely not a top tier team, or even as good as we are lol. No offense, but u make that clear.

That's fine by me, good to hear it. That's why I said we agree to disagree. I am fine with it, and u aren't. Just like I'm sure there are plenty of ppl around the world who like it, and plenty who dislike it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 01:54:06 PM »
We all understand that FIFA would rather see Portugal, France, The thing is Portugal, France... already had an advantage by being devided into 9 groups without playing each other. Now they fucked up and Fifa is doing them a favor again.

Lunatic

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »
stop hating portugal is making it to the world cup ;D
lol they aint hating, but yes, we SHOULD make it ;)

Invincible

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
We all understand that FIFA would rather see Portugal, France, The thing is Portugal, France... already had an advantage by being devided into 9 groups without playing each other. Now they fucked up and Fifa is doing them a favor again.

Its fair enough them being seperated in the Group stage as you wouldn't particularly want to see a group with Luxembourg, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Malta, San Marino and Faroe Islands. I for sure don't want to see them at a World Cup. But all of them play-off teams managed to finish second in their groups so there is no way that certain teams should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Lunatic

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
an advantage but i think the word "again" shouldn't have been used. How was being the top seeds in their groups a favor? that was earned.