Author Topic: Haha, Do They Not Learn English At All In Germany?  (Read 415 times)

Suga Foot

Re: Haha, Do They Not Learn English At All In Germany?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
Haha, Do They Not Learn English At All In Germany?

Why would they?

'EclipZe

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
Looks gay though, they also do it in the news reports when they interview someone who speaks english, they just talk over the person and translate what he is saying lol...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »

Why would they?

Ehm, English is an international language, has been for years now and is one of the most spoken in the world.

kemizt

Blasphemy

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »

Why would they?

Ehm, English is an international language, has been for years now and is one of the most spoken in the world.

It still doesn't mean Germans should know it. Unless they are talking to some American they really have no need. Same thing with anyone else, even the same with english speaking mother fuckers. If they wanted to talk to someone else of another language they'd need to learn it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 02:21:17 PM »
Subtitles are the way to go. Unless you're an illiterate

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
subtitles > some bullshit dub that probably looses the context of the joke or tone of the scene.

for example, City of God would of been ruined, imo, if some whack ass voice actors fucked with it.  id rather watch the movie with the original sound and language while reading subtitles. 

only elitist nerds would watch a movie in a language they don't understand

HAHAHAHA..youre missing out on some great films then.  like the film i mentioned above. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 05:40:34 PM »
subtitles > some bullshit dub that probably looses the context of the joke or tone of the scene.

for example, City of God would of been ruined, imo, if some whack ass voice actors fucked with it.  id rather watch the movie with the original sound and language while reading subtitles. 

only elitist nerds would watch a movie in a language they don't understand

HAHAHAHA..youre missing out on some great films then.  like the film i mentioned above. 

great movie

Portugoal

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 10:58:58 PM »

Why would they?

that's spanish actually

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 12:25:23 AM »

Why would they?

It still doesn't mean Germans should know it. Unless they are talking to some American they really have no need. Same thing with anyone else, even the same with english speaking mother fuckers. If they wanted to talk to someone else of another language they'd need to learn it.

Yeah, ok - but why don't they just subtitle it? It's not that hard to read the subtitles AND follow along with the movie.

Why would they?

that's spanish actually

I'd say that goes for both Spanish and English.

kemizt

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 12:33:52 AM »

Subtitles are all good, can't stand voice overs, only dubbed movies I'll watch are old school kung fu flicks.

Fraxxx

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 01:44:06 AM »
...or are do they learn to read at all?  :-X

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3u0LtkSlV_c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3u0LtkSlV_c</a>

Ever heard about subtitles? ;D

Damn the Irony is baffling.

LMAO  But K Dub's got a point. ESPECIALLY when they try to translate slang, this never works. And not translating movies make people get used to English. No surprise that i.e. Scandinavians and Dutch folks speak English that well. Germans are average English speakers but if you're going to Southern Europe, good luck...  ;D

BTW how many foreign languages do YOU speak K DUB?
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 02:20:07 AM »
Germany has great voice actors, but to be honest I would prefer subtitles with original language, simply because a lot of jokes can't be translated properly.  The thing is, if I'm already used to a version, I can't switch anymore. I couldn't watch the Simpsons in English, becuae I watched it for 10+ years in German. The other example would be Chapelle's show, first they showed it with subtitles, but later they dubbed it and I thought 'WTF this is so wack' and switched the programme immediately.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »

English obviously, I understand Danish, Swedish, had German at Junior High (did not see an advantage there, so I gave it up) and I studied Russian in High School but that shit was too hard, so I gave that up too.

kemizt

Fraxxx

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 05:31:14 AM »

English obviously, I understand Danish, Swedish, had German at Junior High (did not see an advantage there, so I gave it up) and I studied Russian in High School but that shit was too hard, so I gave that up too.

No advantage in speaking German, mein Herr!?! ;)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 07:45:50 AM »

No advantage in speaking German, mein Herr!?! ;)

Nah not really, plus it was a boring language to me in JH, then I went for a challenge in HS and it became too difficult for me lol

kemizt