Author Topic: Titans @ Patriiots gamethread  (Read 1464 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Titans @ Patriiots gamethread
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2009, 07:11:36 PM »
once the titans saw snow they prettymuch decided to quit lol

what a bunch of talentless pussies
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 07:30:40 PM »
^definitely not talentless or pussies. Good time to go into the bye week. Many things have to be worked out.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »
^definitely not talentless or pussies. Good time to go into the bye week. Many things have to be worked out.

well what DO y ou call a team that gets beat up 59-0??   heartless? spineless?  gutless?

either way Luna what do the Titans need to do with thier top 5 pick next year??? i say get a WR that can stretch the field....but they really need a QB
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 07:38:12 PM »
the score reminds me of a college football game sad

The Vols would have had a better shot at winning than the Titans did.

the same Titans team that Manning beat up last week? ;D

97 Manning and the Vols could have beaten the Titans today. And where did I praise anything Manning did last week? It's a shitty team this year, with an even shittier pass D. What Manning did in Miami is the reason he's ahead of the other QBs this year so far. Brees or Brady have not, EVER in their careers, pulled one out of the hat like that one.

For the record; the titans were worse this week than last week. 5 turnovers, 3 in one quarter, and they had to play in the snow, not at home.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2009, 07:43:29 PM »

97 Manning and the Vols could have beaten the Titans today. And where did I praise anything Manning did last week? It's a shitty team this year, with an even shittier pass D. What Manning did in Miami is the reason he's ahead of the other QBs this year so far. Brees or Brady have not, EVER in their careers, pulled one out of the hat like that one.

For the record; the titans were worse this week than last week. 5 turnovers, 3 in one quarter, and they had to play in the snow, not at home.

who needs week 2 wins when when you could be winning Super Bowls? ;D

well what DO y ou call a team that gets beat up 59-0??   heartless? spineless?  gutless?

either way Luna what do the Titans need to do with thier top 5 pick next year??? i say get a WR that can stretch the field....but they really need a QB

they should just draft Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford & trade Collins or Young or both for something.

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 07:47:07 PM »
well what DO y ou call a team that gets beat up 59-0??   heartless? spineless?  gutless?

This game doesn't reflect our team. 0-6 doesn't even reflect our team. No way we should be winless. No Jeff Fisher team is heartless, spineless or gutless. They need to draft a Lineman or LB. They have about $30 million dedicated to QB's next year; Collins/Young will have one last shot, I think.

1st round pick definitely needs to go to defense with these aging, starting veterans: Vanden Bosch, Harper, Bulluck, Kearse (although hasn't started last 2 games), and Thornton. All of those are FA except Thornton. Tony Brown is a FA 2. A Lineman or LB will get drafted.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:52:08 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 07:55:44 PM »

they should just draft Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford & trade Collins or Young or both for something.

Put Manning on the Pats from '98 to now and you won't be able to fit the rings on one hand. Put Brady on the Colts in '01 and he's benched mid season, cut in the off-season and hoping for a backup job the rest of his career. That's the difference in the QBs. Manning is like Bret Favre and Johnny Unitas. Brady is like Bart Starr and Troy Aikman. On one side you have amazing QBs with only 1 or two rings but would have been among the greats no matter where they played. On the other side you have QBs whose greatness completely reliant on the greatness of the team. If Buddy Ryan stayed in Chicago, Jim McMahon may have had 3 or 4 rings. Big fucking deal. Brady never even gets 29 with Wayne and Harrison, and Peyton makes about 60 with Moss and Welker.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
put Manning on a Bill Belichick team and watch them win 5+ rings from 2001-2008

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »

Put Manning on the Pats from '98 to now and you won't be able to fit the rings on one hand. Put Brady on the Colts in '01 and he's benched mid season, cut in the off-season and hoping for a backup job the rest of his career. That's the difference in the QBs. Manning is like Bret Favre and Johnny Unitas. Brady is like Bart Starr and Troy Aikman. On one side you have amazing QBs with only 1 or two rings but would have been among the greats no matter where they played. On the other side you have QBs whose greatness completely reliant on the greatness of the team. If Buddy Ryan stayed in Chicago, Jim McMahon may have had 3 or 4 rings. Big fucking deal. Brady never even gets 29 with Wayne and Harrison, and Peyton makes about 60 with Moss and Welker.

& Dan Marino or John Elway would have 6 with the Pats team too; we could say that about anyone lol.

but whether it was Joe Namath, Elway or even Peyton Manning, if he was a Patriot, won the rings by "cheating" & ran the Belichick "short pass" offense you would still be in this thread today saying how "whoever" aren't as good as "so & so" & "so & so" could do a better job than the Patriots QB.

my point is put Peyton on the Pats & you guys would shit on him too just because he's a Pat. :laugh:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2009, 08:36:29 PM »

& Dan Marino or John Elway would have 6 with the Pats team too; we could say that about anyone lol.

but whether it was Joe Namath, Elway or even Peyton Manning, if he was a Patriot, won the rings by "cheating" & ran the Belichick "short pass" offense you would still be in this thread today saying how "whoever" aren't as good as "so & so" & "so & so" could do a better job than the Patriots QB.

my point is put Peyton on the Pats & you guys would shit on him too just because he's a Pat. :laugh:

I don't hate the Pats. I cheered like hell for them last year. My problem is with Brady and his pseudo-greatness. I've also never once faulted them for "cheating", and Favre also played Westcoast, short pass system, but he had the talent to throw everywhere and throw it well everywhere. Brady doesn't.

I've also never said Manning was better than Marino or Elway. But you saying the Pats would have 6 rings with either of them shows me you too agree that Brady is step below the true greats. Marino's on those Cowboys and they go 4 straight and maybe a 5th later on. Aikman and Brady are on teams that make them a level better. Marino and Peyton makes teams a level better.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
^in every single sport, if you are the better player on your team, you are judged with the greats by the number of rings you have.

if Kobe never won any rings, the comparison to Jordan would never even come.

Baseball is the only sport that you can go down as an all time great & never win a ring.

if Marino could have won 3-4 rings, he would be the best or second best to Montana, but since he lacks them, other people who have won them are brought into the conversation over him.

would i say Brady is a top 5 QB ever? no. would i even say Brady is hands down the best QB today? no, Peyton is probably the better pure QB. but you guys make him out to be some second rate QB who doesn't deserve a job in the NFL lol.

the man throws for 53 (right?) touchdowns in a single season & that's just luck or something?

i have to admit, i am a little biased towards not liking Peyton Manning. Tom Brady gets Randy Moss & does what he did & it's "because of Randy Moss, otherwise he couldn't do it". where if Peyton did that it would be, "well as you can see he has taken Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne & Anthony Gonzales (obviously not talking about this season) & he turned them into amazing recievers, because he is THAT good".

when in reality he had probably the best recieving core in Football, but it's all Peyton, because Peyton does it.

point is, Peyton is the best. yeah, we get it. no thanks to his recievers, but all him. but Brady may not be as skilled as some of the greatest of all time, but he should be considered one of greatest because he is a winner. you hand Rex Grossman the team & you never win the Superbowl, Brady can get it done; plus he is clutch when it counts.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
^in every single sport, if you are the better player on your team, you are judged with the greats by the number of rings you have.

if Kobe never won any rings, the comparison to Jordan would never even come.

Baseball is the only sport that you can go down as an all time great & never win a ring.

if Marino could have won 3-4 rings, he would be the best or second best to Montana, but since he lacks them, other people who have won them are brought into the conversation over him.

would i say Brady is a top 5 QB ever? no. would i even say Brady is hands down the best QB today? no, Peyton is probably the better pure QB. but you guys make him out to be some second rate QB who doesn't deserve a job in the NFL lol.

the man throws for 53 (right?) touchdowns in a single season & that's just luck or something?

i have to admit, i am a little biased towards not liking Peyton Manning. Tom Brady gets Randy Moss & does what he did & it's "because of Randy Moss, otherwise he couldn't do it". where if Peyton did that it would be, "well as you can see he has taken Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne & Anthony Gonzales (obviously not talking about this season) & he turned them into amazing recievers, because he is THAT good".

when in reality he had probably the best recieving core in Football, but it's all Peyton, because Peyton does it.

point is, Peyton is the best. yeah, we get it. no thanks to his recievers, but all him. but Brady may not be as skilled as some of the greatest of all time, but he should be considered one of greatest because he is a winner. you hand Rex Grossman the team & you never win the Superbowl, Brady can get it done; plus he is clutch when it counts.

1 - Marino gets three of 4 rings and he blows Montana out of the convo. I like Joe Cool but they never lost a step after he left. Miami still can't find a QB to replace Dan. Marino is still argued as the best all time. Ring or not. The only guys that get mentioned above him in argument are Montana, Favre, and Unitas. When as anyone ever said Bradshaw was better than Marino?

2. Basketball is a sport where one guy can control a team on both sides of the ball. Football is not. That's why Barry Sanders is still argued as the best RB ever and has no rings on his hand. Anyone that thinks the Cowboys would have lost any of those SBs with out Emmit and Sanders instead should be committed to an asylum. If either Sanders replaced Smith or Marino replaced Aikman those Cowboys would have been 4 straight champs, and if both Sanders and Marino were on those Cowboys teams they've have had 5 or 6 Rings each. And no one argues Bart Starr as the best ever and he has like 5 rings. Seymour, Bruschii, and a few others all have 3 rings each. Why aren't they mentioned as the absolute best ever in their positions and get shoved down our throats?

3. The answer to that is marketing. The football sells the game with QBs and stories. Tom Brady is a bona fide star and it hurts the league if they speak out against him. Big Ben played like shit that first year Pit won, especially in that game but no one goes out of the way to say that. They protect their QBs off the field just as much as on the field in the NFL. It would make no sense for the NFL, or anyone related to the NFL to say Brady is a system guy that wouldn't have a job today if he started with the Bills. No one wants to hear that. They want a rivalry, and Manning vs Brady is just that, even though it isn't. If it was really Manning vs Brady they've have a exhibition game where each QB plays with the same team against the same defense with the same OC and then we'd see who performs better for real. It'd be Manning every time.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
joe montana > steve young >  dan marino

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »

Joey is first. ;D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »

Joey is first. ;D

well i know ur a football stat guy and stats say Young as better

but ill take the only 3 time Superbowl MVP in NFL history