Poll

Which album do you like more?

No Limit Top Dogg
24 (34.3%)
Tha Last Meal
46 (65.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal  (Read 2532 times)

Okka

No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:16:44 AM »
I just had to do this since there's so much talk about what's Snoop Dogg's best album after "Doggystyle" and so many people say either "Top Dogg" or "Tha Last Meal". I'm pretty sure there has been a topic like this but it's been so many years since we had the topic and there's a lot of new members round here who can also vote and tell us what's their opinion about this. Myself, i gotta go with "No Limit Top Dogg". Ain't nothin' wrong with Snoop Dogg's delivery on this album and the production is perfect. You can't go wrong with Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, Bu'dda, Jelly Roll, Meech Wells, even Goldie Loc's beat was fuckin great. What y'all think though?

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »

hard decision..

id say top dogg

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
Last Meal. Production was incredible on that album. Just seemed like a step up in every aspect musically for Snoop. Close call but I would go with Last Meal.

Paul

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »
Very close

Dj Quik being on topp Dogg just might sway it for me though
funkyfreshintheflesh

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »
 Top Dogg for sure.. Although I think Paid the Cost is Snoop's most cohesive production wise. The No Limit albums had west coast flavor, and then south shit with Master P screaming all over the track... Top Dogg is easily the most focused of the No Limit releases, with the biggest hit single.
 Btw, I really like the Jellyroll track on here as well. I wish he would go back to his smooth Dj Quik rip off style sometimes..

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »
Both are pretty dope albums from Snoop because of Kokane being so dope all over the record

dnjp4life

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »
I voted Tha Last Meal (literally having just turned it off following a listen).  Its more cohesive than NLTD, especially in terms of the beats, decent guest appearances, and each song flows into the next nicely.  That being said, the second half of the album has some weak cuts on it. 
The thing with NLTD is that there are some absolute bangers on there (shouts go out especially to the Jelly Roll beat on 'Party Wit A DPG' - that shit is incredible on the sound system  :o), but overall it's too long and there are also more weaker songs than on Tha Last Meal.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 11:57:10 AM »
I am surprised how many people are feeling NLTD like that. I remember when it came out and people really did not recieve it overwhemingly like some of his other albums. It also came after Da Game Is To Be Sold also so I think alot of people did not know what to expect. It is one of those albums that you appreciate over time. Really did not take off until B Please dropped.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »
"No Limit Top Dogg" for sure.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »
I actually prefer No Limit Top Dogg over Tha Last Meal, without question.  No Limit Top Dogg was a huge improvement over Da Game Is to Be Sold... (particularly in the production department, since it was mostly done in-house at No Limit by KLC and Beats by the Pound), and it was a nice blend of different beats.  I could listen to it straight through, whereas Tha Last Meal had too many filler tracks to me that I'd skip through.

Tha Crip

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 03:01:07 PM »
Tha Last Meal  8) it had alot less weaker songs then No Limit Top Dogg and plus you had Dre mix pretty much the whole album, even songs he didnt produce (cant go wrong with that).
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »
I actually prefer No Limit Top Dogg over Tha Last Meal, without question.  No Limit Top Dogg was a huge improvement over Da Game Is to Be Sold... (particularly in the production department, since it was mostly done in-house at No Limit by KLC and Beats by the Pound), and it was a nice blend of different beats.  I could listen to it straight through, whereas Tha Last Meal had too many filler tracks to me that I'd skip through.

no way! Last meal has no fillers IMO def an albums that can be listened to from beginning to end.

Cali Climate

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 03:05:21 PM »
No Limit Top Dogg

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
tha last meal

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 03:33:25 PM »

no way! Last meal has no fillers IMO def an albums that can be listened to from beginning to end.
I'll give both of them a listen when I get home after work, but I remember not being too excited for Tha Last Meal.  I remember that Loosin' Control song being corny as fuck.