Poll

Which album do you like more?

No Limit Top Dogg
24 (34.3%)
Tha Last Meal
46 (65.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal  (Read 2551 times)

PLANT

Re: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
I prefer Top Dogg only because it holds a little more value deeper into the album IMO....Both are dope albums none the less.

Invincible

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »
Definitely Last Meal. Although both albums were released on No Limit, Top Dogg sounded a bit to No Limity. Last Meal had a Dre sound throughout the whole album and had more enjoyable tracks on it. Although Bitch Please is probably better than all the tracks on Last Meal  :D

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
Definitely Last Meal. Although both albums were released on No Limit, Top Dogg sounded a bit to No Limity. Last Meal had a Dre sound throughout the whole album and had more enjoyable tracks on it. Although Bitch Please is probably better than all the tracks on Last Meal  :D

I never was a huge fan of Bitch Please outside of Xzibit's verse. I always digged Lay Low more for some reason. Both albums the 1st singles picked were horrible from a buzz standpoint. Monster 2nd singles though.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:45:19 PM by D~Nice »

G-Funk

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »
No Limit Top Dogg

Muhfukka

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 09:19:19 PM »
last meal, i dont think its snoops second best though

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »
the last meal for me
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 10:02:03 PM »
top dog, however doggfather is easily my second favorite snoop album

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »
I just listened to them again... definitely No Limit Top Dogg for me.  A lot of the production from Tha Last Meal sounds like some of the producers' scrapped beats... nothing special from them.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »
doggfather>last meal>no limit top dogg

Jaydc

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »
I thought the general consensus was that DOGGFATHER was snoops second best album.It is to me.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
doggfather is very love or hate... and i dont understand the love. snoop sounded so lazy on the record

beats - top dogg
rhymes - last meal.

snoop was in top form on last meal

The Watcher

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 11:54:59 PM »
I thought the general consensus was that DOGGFATHER was snoops second best album.It is to me.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Play Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:47 AM »
Impossilbe choice but I said No Limit Top Dogg. The collection of producers, that freestyle on Ghetto Symphony and it being the album that resurrected Dr. Dre's career, brough Xzibit on the mainstream, featured DJ Quik's fam Suga Free and Mausberg (REAL TALENTS!!!!!!), for the more positive songs like Doin' Too Much, I love My Mama and Betta Dayz, that surprise feature of Sylk-E-Fine (she dissed him didn't she on Eazy's record?), but most importantly for some of the most gangster shit I've ever heard on My Heat Goes Boom:
"Look here, fool, I know this game in and out/ And quit trying to tell me about them niggaz down South/ Don't try to slide with that westside shit....I could read you from the getty/ I read you/ I took you to my home and I fed you/ and led you/ Upstairs to a room with 37 niggaz that was strapped up hating/ waiting on you/ Nigga, you the victim/ We don't pick 'em/ We just stick 'em/ And once we get 'em/ We got 'em!!"

That was hard as fuck!! Great album! And which rapper ever spoke about making peace with the East Coat? "I"m sliding down south/ with a blunt in my mouth/ I catch a plain out east/ and try to make some peace/ I'm hanging with my niggaz in the projects/ The homies throwing a party I got get back west!"

Even the downsouth beats were banging. "Fuck them other niggaz coz I'm down with my niggaz"! 8)

Shit, I could go on! "Fuck who wanna kill me/ U niggaz thrill me/ But guess where we'll be/ On top tip top nonstop/ Dogg knock/ U gotta let me in! Coz nigga I'ma shine like a Gem"

The Last Meal showed that Dr. Dre takes Snoop granted!! The best beats were by others producers on there, like the opposite of No Limit Top Dogg. Xzibit got all the beats. Dang, but Snoop still made a better album. Last Meal is when I lost love for Dr. Dre, sorta. Lemme stop! Tough choice though

Mietek23

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 01:35:31 AM »
Very close but I have to go with Last Meal cause it was less No Limit than Top Dogg..

Invincible

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 02:39:44 AM »
Impossilbe choice but I said No Limit Top Dogg. The collection of producers, that freestyle on Ghetto Symphony and it being the album that resurrected Dr. Dre's career, brough Xzibit on the mainstream, featured DJ Quik's fam Suga Free and Mausberg (REAL TALENTS!!!!!!), for the more positive songs like Doin' Too Much, I love My Mama and Betta Dayz, that surprise feature of Sylk-E-Fine (she dissed him didn't she on Eazy's record?), but most importantly for some of the most gangster shit I've ever heard on My Heat Goes Boom:
"Look here, fool, I know this game in and out/ And quit trying to tell me about them niggaz down South/ Don't try to slide with that westside shit....I could read you from the getty/ I read you/ I took you to my home and I fed you/ and led you/ Upstairs to a room with 37 niggaz that was strapped up hating/ waiting on you/ Nigga, you the victim/ We don't pick 'em/ We just stick 'em/ And once we get 'em/ We got 'em!!"

That was hard as fuck!! Great album! And which rapper ever spoke about making peace with the East Coat? "I"m sliding down south/ with a blunt in my mouth/ I catch a plain out east/ and try to make some peace/ I'm hanging with my niggaz in the projects/ The homies throwing a party I got get back west!"

Even the downsouth beats were banging. "Fuck them other niggaz coz I'm down with my niggaz"! 8)

Shit, I could go on! "Fuck who wanna kill me/ U niggaz thrill me/ But guess where we'll be/ On top tip top nonstop/ Dogg knock/ U gotta let me in! Coz nigga I'ma shine like a Gem"

The Last Meal showed that Dr. Dre takes Snoop granted!! The best beats were by others producers on there, like the opposite of No Limit Top Dogg. Xzibit got all the beats. Dang, but Snoop still made a better album. Last Meal is when I lost love for Dr. Dre, sorta. Lemme stop! Tough choice though

You are aware Dre only did 3 beats on Last Meal aren't you? 2 of them are some of the best beats Dre has done. Are we listening to the same album?