Poll

Which album do you like more?

No Limit Top Dogg
24 (34.3%)
Tha Last Meal
46 (65.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal  (Read 2546 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 02:57:38 AM »
Impossilbe choice but I said No Limit Top Dogg. The collection of producers, that freestyle on Ghetto Symphony and it being the album that resurrected Dr. Dre's career, brough Xzibit on the mainstream, featured DJ Quik's fam Suga Free and Mausberg (REAL TALENTS!!!!!!), for the more positive songs like Doin' Too Much, I love My Mama and Betta Dayz, that surprise feature of Sylk-E-Fine (she dissed him didn't she on Eazy's record?), but most importantly for some of the most gangster shit I've ever heard on My Heat Goes Boom:
"Look here, fool, I know this game in and out/ And quit trying to tell me about them niggaz down South/ Don't try to slide with that westside shit....I could read you from the getty/ I read you/ I took you to my home and I fed you/ and led you/ Upstairs to a room with 37 niggaz that was strapped up hating/ waiting on you/ Nigga, you the victim/ We don't pick 'em/ We just stick 'em/ And once we get 'em/ We got 'em!!"

That was hard as fuck!! Great album! And which rapper ever spoke about making peace with the East Coat? "I"m sliding down south/ with a blunt in my mouth/ I catch a plain out east/ and try to make some peace/ I'm hanging with my niggaz in the projects/ The homies throwing a party I got get back west!"

Even the downsouth beats were banging. "Fuck them other niggaz coz I'm down with my niggaz"! 8)

Shit, I could go on! "Fuck who wanna kill me/ U niggaz thrill me/ But guess where we'll be/ On top tip top nonstop/ Dogg knock/ U gotta let me in! Coz nigga I'ma shine like a Gem"

The Last Meal showed that Dr. Dre takes Snoop granted!! The best beats were by others producers on there, like the opposite of No Limit Top Dogg. Xzibit got all the beats. Dang, but Snoop still made a better album. Last Meal is when I lost love for Dr. Dre, sorta. Lemme stop! Tough choice though

lol, haha!

dexter

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
TD

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
The Last Meal is such a funky album.. I love it.  Has that cohesive sound and feel of a Doggystyle album with banging beats and features.  Not to take away from NLTD though.  That album had some bangers but overall it wasn't as good as LM imo.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 03:50:57 PM »
Last Meal For Me even though Top Dogg Was Dope as hell

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »
wow! i'm really surprised. i thought top dogg would be the best of the 2. Tha Last Meal was a good album. It was a little too slow for me. But still a  good album. I enjoyed Top Dogg the most. It was just straight heat.
Top dogg got my vote

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »
Definitely the Three Best Snoop Albums!

1.  Doggystyle-  Perfection

2.  No Limit Top Dogg-  Great album.  We couldn't have asked for anything more than this from Snoop at this stage in his career.  So many great tracks, the 3 Dre produced tracks all lived up to the hype, Snoop killed it over Meach Wells "My Heat Goes Boom" and there was really no filler tracks in the whole album.

3.  The Last Meal.  Also a great album, but fell just short of No Limit Top Dogg.

Other noteworthy album...

4.  Snoop Dogg Presents the Eastsidaz-  The first album he did with the Eastsidaz at the beggining of 00' was a breath of fresh air for West Coast hip-hop.  It was like a revival of the old days. 

Other Snoop Albums Fall Way Short of Expectations..

5.  Doggfather-  Wasn't that bad if taken by itself, but considering the expectations after Doggystyle and the pressure on Snoop to save Death Row, the West Coast, and gangsta rap, it was a collasal failure; if 2pac being killed was like the Titanic hitting the iceberg, this is the first signs of the ship beginning to sink under water. 

Rest aren't even worth mentioning....
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:06:13 PM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
"top dogg" for sure! "last meal" was cool but had too many fillers.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 09:21:44 PM »
Can someone please list what they consider fillers on Last Meal?

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 09:36:15 PM »

Ready 2 ryde,I cant swim,Back up off me,game court skit

And their was a few songs that were just ok.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 09:47:10 PM »

Ready 2 ryde,I cant swim,Back up off me,game court skit

And their was a few songs that were just ok.

Props

I actually like "Ready 2 Ryde"  Funky track, Snoop sounds nice on it.  Plus I love the beat and think of Snoop dancing in the Up In Smoke Tour DVD to this instrumental and it made me laugh everytime I seen it.  So I don't consider this a filler track.

I Can't Swim - I agree this isn't the best track.  Beat is banging in my opinion but yea snoop's lyrics and flow isn't the best on this track.

Back Up Off Me - Agree this track should have been left off but Master P had to get his one track on here... totally doesn't fit the album...

Game Court Skit - Not really needed but shit is funny.  Skits are meh sometimes and sometimes cool.. I admit most of the time I skip this.. sometimes I'll listen for a laugh.

I still think Last Meal is a dope album and better than Top Dogg, but yea it would have been way better if you dropped those fillers.  Out of the tracks you listed I'd still keep Ready 2 Ryde.  I'd keep I Can't Swim if Snoop redid his vocals on it LOL

Jaydc

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »
The beginning of i cant swim with that annoying fucking voice,i am sir dog!UGH.Makes me turn the song off within three seconds.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:18 PM »
The beginning of i cant swim with that annoying fucking voice,i am sir dog!UGH.Makes me turn the song off within three seconds.

Haha yea I agree that part makes me cringe.. the song is decent at best.. Like I said though I like the beat.  Probably what makes me tolerate the track.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
the question should be Bitch Please or Lay low?
Cuz thats the only songs I still listen to off those albums. lol

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »

Lay Low. Like I said earlier, Bitch Please was a MONSTER track, put the west back in the forefront, but musically I liked Lay Low better and Dre's beat and X's verse more then Snoop's verses. I am gonna have to bump No Limit Topp Dogg again.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »

Lay Low. Like I said earlier, Bitch Please was a MONSTER track, put the west back in the forefront, but musically I liked Lay Low better and Dre's beat and X's verse more then Snoop's verses. I am gonna have to bump No Limit Topp Dogg again.
Lay Low is sick 8)