Author Topic: What did Wideawake's Snoop album sell last week?  (Read 1582 times)

shyne6969

• Lil Geezy
Re: What did Wideawake's Snoop album sell last week?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »
i would have bought it if i was able to get it in canada......hmv only got one copy and best buy didnt have any in to start with it bullshit how do they expect people to buy them if they cant get them

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 01:10:20 AM »
CHART DATE: 10/19/2009
LAST UPDATE: 10/20/2009 09:01:17
NOW IN: 69.42%

LOST SESSIONS is not in the Top 50  :-X

what did you expect?

it's a North America only release+ it's indie+ it's 2009

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 01:31:56 AM »
I had the problem of not finding it at best buy here in canada.The hmv had it,but I want the bonus tracks.I phoned four different ones and they had never even heard of it.One store I finnaly talked to someone who knew about it but he said they just hadnt received the product yet.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 05:21:24 AM »
Wideawake paid 18 million dollars to get their hands on Death Row's trash can and its contents but their releases don't sell jack shit. I'm not surprised if by the next releases they have Gucci Mane, Soulja Boi, T.I. and other more familiar rappers getting kids interested of these million dollar attic treasures.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

deathrowmusic

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 07:44:03 AM »
wideawake is going to fail - two albums and they both went wood. The question is when will they fail. I'd be surprised if they last til the summer. Lara working with a known death row bootlegger isn't smart either. She knows am7 has bootlegged but chooses to ignore, she needs his help with the vault, but am7 isn't doing a good job either.

Bets when wideawake fails??

Manu.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 07:53:38 AM »
were do u go to check that??

It sold less than 1,000 units actually..
even if he does aplogize that doesnt mean shit coming from a jew

deathrowmusic

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 07:55:24 AM »
were do u go to check that??

It sold less than 1,000 units actually..

Wow less than 1,000 units. LOL.

JohnnyL

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »
wideawake is going to fail - two albums and they both went wood. The question is when will they fail. I'd be surprised if they last til the summer. Lara working with a known death row bootlegger isn't smart either. She knows am7 has bootlegged but chooses to ignore, she needs his help with the vault, but am7 isn't doing a good job either.

I'll admit it's not looking good right now.  To make matters worse, the word of mouth these releases keep getting is all bad due to the sound quality issues.  The other glaring error I see is that there's next to no promotion for these.  These guys may need to consider going strictly digital with some of these releases.  At least then, there's not a lot of overhead involved with putting the releases out.  I think though, if there's not some kind of major shake up at Wideawake, things could be looking real grim for them.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »
I don't buy this is "It sold this many copies because it's not on Billboard" theory. I figure Wideawake didn't release the sales figures because there's no way it sold that poorly.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »

I'll admit it's not looking good right now.  To make matters worse, the word of mouth these releases keep getting is all bad due to the sound quality issues.  The other glaring error I see is that there's next to no promotion for these.  These guys may need to consider going strictly digital with some of these releases.  At least then, there's not a lot of overhead involved with putting the releases out.  I think though, if there's not some kind of major shake up at Wideawake, things could be looking real grim for them.

the cd would have NOT sold on unit more if the mixing/mastering would`ve been better. that`s a fact

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 11:27:34 AM »
still nothing at all at best buy anywhere in canada...fucking bullshit...

Da Nard

• 'G'
Paranoia will destroy ya!!!

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 12:06:43 PM »
^^
so its sellin more than the chronic re-release.
i wouldve thought so, since everybody's got the chronic album, and the snoop album is a whole album of songs from the vault.
if they had some proper advertising for this, i think they couldve maybe done up to 25,000 first week, but because of absolutely no promo, this is expected.

V2DHeart

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »
It would have sold more if they set up distribution in other countries he is big in, like Germany, Amsterdam, UK etc, and he could have carried it rather than just have a twitter ad on there.. Snoop is globally - a recognized name, hence why he tours over Europe, Japan etc. and they fans can't even purchase his album with the bonus tracks on it??? Terrible lol. I still haven't purchased it, because I'm from UK, there's 2/3 less sales right there, and I'm sure there are others on here as well who haven't purchased due to the same reason. If I were to guess I'd say around 3K - 4K copies based on the fact it had very little awareness, and that the previous release had a bigger imprint, and more detail on it, and that didn't do big numbers

The future: Well I'd say they need to start making "excellent" quality records first and foremost, then marketing them correctly using as much free tools as possible - Youtube, other artists, word of mouth, internet, and any additional money should be used in future promotion or to "save" for the big 2Pac release, because without marketing it, and on TV/Radio it wont stand a chance... "Digital only" releases I wont even touch or purchase, ever, but they can make good use by doing a combination of both, or re-releasing some of the older catalouge as digital releases to recoup some money from the existing releases of the old Death Row without having to dip into the vault
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
Well i bought it but will prob have to wait ages for it to arrive because of the postal strike.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson