Author Topic: LA Clipper curse gone? Nope  (Read 181 times)

thisoneguy360

LA Clipper curse gone? Nope
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:40 PM »
LOS ANGELES -- Blake Griffin's NBA debut has been pushed back indefinitely after the Los Angeles Clippers revealed late Monday night that their No. 1 overall draft pick has a broken left kneecap.

The stress fracture could sideline the Oklahoma star for six weeks, the team announced, promising further information Tuesday.

Griffin, who averaged 13.7 points and 8.1 rebounds per game during the preseason, won't be in the Clippers' lineup when they face the Lakers in their opener Tuesday night, and he could be out much longer. The Clippers play 20 games in their first six weeks of the regular season.

Griffin apparently broke his kneecap during the Clippers' final exhibition game against New Orleans last Friday, perhaps after a dunk that left the power forward wincing in pain. The team initially said Griffin only had a sore left knee, making him questionable for the opener, before revealing the break.

Griffin was the consensus college player of the year with 22.7 points and an NCAA-best 14.4 rebounds per game last season for the Sooners.

After the Clippers won the draft lottery and selected him, Griffin strained his right shoulder during a summer league game in July. The team brought him back cautiously, and Griffin said he was totally healthy in the preseason.

His latest injury is a sadly unsurprising setback for the star-crossed Clippers, who won just 19 games last year in an injury-plagued season. Los Angeles has just two winning in the last 30 years and just one playoff series victory since moving to town in 1984.

Los Angeles was mostly healthy going into this fall, with point guard Baron Davis and center Chris Kaman both ready to play after missing chunks of last season. The Clippers actually have solid frontcourt talent with Marcus Camby, Al Thornton and Rasual Butler alongside Griffin.

'EclipZe

Re: LA Clipper curse gone? Nope
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 11:28:46 PM »
they really can't catch a break huh... sucks big time to be honest.

I would love to see the clippers be healthy for just ONE season, they would be beastin'

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »
OUCH
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 11:51:14 PM »
maybe they need to get out of the staples center.  lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »
damn, shitty buzz :-\

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »
they really can't catch a break huh... sucks big time to be honest.

I would love to see the clippers be healthy for just ONE season, they would be beastin'

Their roster is still pretty good without Griffin..Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman, etc..but this hurts, no doubt.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:58:04 PM by 360 »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »
maybe they need to get out of the staples center.  lol
They shoulda never been in the staples center to begin with.  Anaheim Clippers always sounded better.  Get sick & tired of something bad happening to the players something bad should happen to Dumb Donald, he's the cancer.  And there's still the other clipper curse.  Those who leave them or dog them out on bad terms end up with many kinds of bad luck.