Author Topic: Malice in wonderland what to expect?  (Read 1563 times)

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
Malice in wonderland what to expect?
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
The recent leak and featuring of Snoop (with Nipsey ,g malone Belly...) makes me hope a good album and at the same time the featuring on the tracklist ,except the song with problem and nipsey ,scares me.So what can we excpect .An ego trippin(i liked it) type album or a Blue carpet treatment type album?

PLANT

Re: Malice in wonderland what to expect?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »
Its going to be a mix of Malice, and Wonderland.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 11:02:54 AM »
With Snoop, I have learned to expect the unexpected. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but you can bet he will always try something new.

Lebet

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:50:31 AM »
im sure he will rap on NEW beats, and will do best bangers ever =]

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »
This really is an important album for Snoop, because an artist -- particularly a rapper -- can't have two lackluster albums in a row and survive the game.  And I'm talking about from the perspective of his core fanbase.  Ego Trippin was a disaster and didn't go platinum for the first time in Snoop's career, I believe.  If Malice is similarly underwhelming, his career as a legitimate top-shelf rapper will be in serious jeopardy.  The reason is because your fanbase will contract, and those outside the base are fickle and can't be relied upon as consumers of one's product.  This is to say, long-time Snoop fans like myself, if he alienates us again, he could lose us for good.  And what's an artist without a core fanbase?  One whose career peters out, that's who.  So from a business perspective, he really has to ensure he satisfies his fans who are on the fence about purchasing further Snoop albums.  His reputation is on the line.

As for the artistic quality, I'm expecting an electronic, inorganic sound.  Lots of processed stuff.  I could be wrong, of course -- I'm just predicting.  The real question for me is, with Snoop now on his 10th album and achieved all the success he could have ever hoped for, does he have anything left to say?  We'll find out.  I want to give him my $10, but he has to earn it.  I'm not buying it "sight unseen" this time as I did with Ego Trippin, regretfully.

I slightly hesitatingly think he'll come through in the clutch when all is said and done.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:04:39 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »
I'm not buying it "sight unseen" this time.
  This will probably be the first Snoop album that I am going to wait to hear what the music sounds like before I buy. I actually enjoyed "Ego Trippin" but the early previews of some of the songs on "Malice" don't sound like my cup of tea.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
another dope album by the best from the west
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 03:27:56 AM »
This really is an important album for Snoop, because an artist -- particularly a rapper -- can't have two lackluster albums in a row and survive the game.  And I'm talking about from the perspective of his core fanbase.  Ego Trippin was a disaster and didn't go platinum for the first time in Snoop's career, I believe.  If Malice is similarly underwhelming, his career as a legitimate top-shelf rapper will be in serious jeopardy.  The reason is because your fanbase will contract, and those outside the base are fickle and can't be relied upon as consumers of one's product.  This is to say, long-time Snoop fans like myself, if he alienates us again, he could lose us for good.  And what's an artist without a core fanbase?  One whose career peters out, that's who.  So from a business perspective, he really has to ensure he satisfies his fans who are on the fence about purchasing further Snoop albums.  His reputation is on the line.

As for the artistic quality, I'm expecting an electronic, inorganic sound.  Lots of processed stuff.  I could be wrong, of course -- I'm just predicting.  The real question for me is, with Snoop now on his 10th album and achieved all the success he could have ever hoped for, does he have anything left to say?  We'll find out.  I want to give him my $10, but he has to earn it.  I'm not buying it "sight unseen" this time as I did with Ego Trippin, regretfully.

I slightly hesitatingly think he'll come through in the clutch when all is said and done.

I agree this is an inportant album for Snoop dogg, this is his 10th album, i am pretty sure he is not trying to make to many sidesteps. But anyway its pretty hard for every rapper right now. why is it that?

1) leaking off albums : with powerhouse torrent sites like Isohunt, The pirate bay. alot off people are just using this, its easy its just like google 2 sek album downloaded..

2) the internet: its a perfect way to promote albums and songs, but alot off people is just hearing songs on Myspace youtube etc.. fucking "pitbull" have 65 million wiews on a song on youtube, but look at his album sales

sure snoop have a big hardcore hiphop/rap fanbase, but he also have a big pop fanbase, he need to go both ways

Mietek23

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 05:16:03 AM »
I expect the worst solo album from Snoop D-O-Double G with some bullshit guest apperances like Soulja Boy and wack beats like "Gangsta Luv" - nothing more..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
The recent leak and featuring of Snoop (with Nipsey ,g malone Belly...) makes me hope a good album and at the same time the featuring on the tracklist ,except the song with problem and nipsey ,scares me.So what can we excpect .An ego trippin(i liked it) type album or a Blue carpet treatment type album?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 12:29:26 PM »
With songs like Protocol and Word Of A Gangsta I was expecting a classic. With the news that those songs are not gonna be on the album I dont know what to expect. Maybe not a classic but a good album for sure.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

G-Funk

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
I expect the worst solo album from Snoop D-O-Double G with some bullshit guest apperances like Soulja Boy and wack beats like "Gangsta Luv" - nothing more..

same. I'm expecting only a certain amount of songs that I might like.

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 04:11:37 PM »
It will prolly be like every other Snoop record.  It will have songs that you love, and song that you hate and wonder why they are on the album....Altho, there is supposed to be only 12 tracks on the album which is something new for a Snoop cd.

Invincible

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »
It will prolly be like every other Snoop record.  It will have songs that you love, and song that you hate and wonder why they are on the album....Altho, there is supposed to be only 12 tracks on the album which is something new for a Snoop cd.

He said that for Ego Trippin aswell. And look what happened, we got 21 tracks. I wouldn't bet on it.

We Fly High

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 06:33:02 PM »
it is 12 tracks confirmed.