Author Topic: The Sopranos appreciation thread  (Read 1552 times)

Paul

Re: The Sopranos appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »
The Sopranos was fucking awesome, possibly the greatest show ever.
funkyfreshintheflesh

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »
ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOWS EVER! I own evry season box set, and seen evry episode at least 2 or 3 times. The casting, acting and writing is subperb! I still cant belive its over.....There was talk of a movie about 3 monts ago, My mom showed me one of those Entertainment Weekly magizines where they had article about Sopranos movie, and how they were rebuilding the set....We need a movie!! Theres soo much more they can do with the series, I wish Cris never died, it would of been cool to see him become boss....GIVE US A SOPRANO MOVIE!!!

wait..no no no.  Chrissy boy died...a movie where he is alive and the entire Sopranos world went on would be a tragedy.  I agree, it would of been awesome if he didnt die but he was always fucking up.  Since day one the kid was on junk and he died high. That was his story.  Everything gotta come to an end.   :'(

christopher could've never been fuccin boss. he was a  junkie, he wasn't stable. he even thought about cooperating!!!. tony soprano was right when he called christopher the biggest blunder of his career.

but with that being said..he was fun to watch. a very impressive performance by michael imperioli.

as far as successor to tony...i would have liked ralphie in the top spot. too bad they killed him so early but what a character that muthafucca was. you never really knew where you had him.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »
Hands down the best series of all time.

Johnny Sack>>>>>

DIP DIP SET SET

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »
ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOWS EVER! I own evry season box set, and seen evry episode at least 2 or 3 times. The casting, acting and writing is subperb! I still cant belive its over.....There was talk of a movie about 3 monts ago, My mom showed me one of those Entertainment Weekly magizines where they had article about Sopranos movie, and how they were rebuilding the set....We need a movie!! Theres soo much more they can do with the series, I wish Cris never died, it would of been cool to see him become boss....GIVE US A SOPRANO MOVIE!!!

wait..no no no.  Chrissy boy died...a movie where he is alive and the entire Sopranos world went on would be a tragedy.  I agree, it would of been awesome if he didnt die but he was always fucking up.  Since day one the kid was on junk and he died high. That was his story.  Everything gotta come to an end.   :'(

christopher could've never been fuccin boss. he was a  junkie, he wasn't stable. he even thought about cooperating!!!. tony soprano was right when he called christopher the biggest blunder of his career.

but with that being said..he was fun to watch. a very impressive performance by michael imperioli.

as far as successor to tony...i would have liked ralphie in the top spot. too bad they killed him so early but what a character that muthafucca was. you never really knew where you had him.
Ever since season 4 I wondered what Tony saw in Chris that made him think he'd be a good boss. He finally realized his error, but it still sucked that he got killed.
And Paulie>>>>>>>>Any other character

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »
Hands down the best series of all time.

Johnny Sack>>>>>

sacc was really good but i didnt like it how he cried like a bitch when the cops fucced up his daughter's wedding day. then he did the allocution. i relate more to frank vincent's character. he was old school..did his time..believed in the rules..wasnt afraid to play dirty and he killed a faggot. what more do you want from a man.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 07:48:18 PM »
Ralph could not of been boss. Underboss at best because of his nose for business but not a Boss.

I dont think anyone in that crew could of been Boss besides Tony. Even Hesh would of been a better Boss then all those guys. ( yes i know hes jew and cant be made but still)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 02:07:09 AM »
Ralph could not of been boss. Underboss at best because of his nose for business but not a Boss.

I dont think anyone in that crew could of been Boss besides Tony. Even Hesh would of been a better Boss then all those guys. ( yes i know hes jew and cant be made but still)

I think Sil would have made a good boss.  Now he did lack the charisma but I think he was real strong in every other aspect.

DIP DIP SET SET

JAZ

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 02:30:24 AM »
how the fuck does Sil lack charisma?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 01:03:08 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_8NR20QSMfc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_8NR20QSMfc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »

I think Sil would have made a good boss.  Now he did lack the charisma but I think he was real strong in every other aspect.

I don't think Sil would've been an effective boss. He didn't even look like a leader. He was perfect as consigliere. Ralph was charismatic, his crew loved him and he was the biggest earner the family had seen. I'm not saying he would've been a good boss, the muthafucca was crazy, but he'd be someone you'd love to watch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_8NR20QSMfc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_8NR20QSMfc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

hahaha i love that shit...."i love fuccin cheese at me feet".

JAZ

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
im at ep 9 of season 3. so im just introduced to ralph. hes fucking annoying to me. which makes him a good character.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »
Ralph would not have made an effective crime boss.  Ralph got respect from everyone, due to his earning and fearless attitude but he was hated by everyone in the family.  Everyone hated the guy.  I also think SIL was perfect as a Consigliere but I believe he would of been the 2nd best choice to run the family after Tony and this was obviously how David Chase felt about the character and his position as Sil ran the family in beginning of season 6 when Tony was in the coma after being shot by Junior.

DIP DIP SET SET

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 01:20:31 PM »
I loved Ralph. Started to feel sorry for him when the shit happened his son.
Really liked his asshole persona at times.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
Yeah Sil wasent cut out to be boss he had that hole asthma thing cuase by stress of being boss.
The Only Boss was Tony. LIke i said if Italian Hesh could of been a good Boss too.

acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »
Yeah best show of all time, however I did not like the way it ended.  Christopher was always my favorite character first time through.  First time through I didn't like Paulie.  Second time through I realized how great Paulie is and how he was the most true to the organization out of anyone.  Paulie is old school.  Also second time around I really like Furio.  Haha the first mission where he goes into the massage parlor, haha man he fucks everyone up!  I was also a pretty big fan of ralph, but hated that he killed the horse, but I did really feel sorry for him when his son died.  I hated that one guy that Janice was gonna marry but ended up shooting.  I also hated Tony's mom.

Such great character development with this show.  You could really connect with each and every character.  It is a shame that this barely ever happens in hollywood anymore.  All these super big budget, tons of special effects movies...most of them suck to me.  I'm way more of a fan of good writing, dialogue, and character development.