Author Topic: 9 Elements?  (Read 761 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: 9 Elements?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »
if i was a teacher i wouldnt want looney in my class either

nigga lookin' like the  Virginia Tech Shooter

hahahahaha

dont u feel cool bumpin this thread up,

ur as much as attention whore as ag and the others u dumb spic.

bananas, shut your pussy ass up.

dont u feel cool tryin to talk to me
that shit was funny dont talk that asian greasy shit open ya chink eyes and realize how much of a fag u r

chump, i aint greasy, but since we're generalizing, u must be a musty dirty gardening spic, u were late today muhtha fucka dint see your white truck infront of my house this morning

I didn't know people in the hood hired landscapers. Not very ghetto looney.

how does it feel to be known as the biggest pussy on dubcc?

showing emotion...not very hood roonatic.

lol, im not showing emotion, its obvious your the one thats emotional, if u werent u wouldnt of left dubcc after ur ass pussied out after ur were flexin nuts how big n bad you were.

y dont you go on an account deleting spree again? im sure thatll bring you the attention u want.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Cali Climate

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »
brevity is the soul of wit looneytunes

missnwawhoorider

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 03:16:37 PM »
looney man go to ask.com
one of the answers is:
Character
Plot
Theme
Dialogue
Convention
Genre
Audience
Stagecraft
Design
Conversions

that is one:
the second one is:\
Nine elements of a good functional spec
Posted on May 8, 2008 by gopalshenoy
A while back, I had written why a functional spec is needed in addition to a PRD. So what does a good functional spec need to contain?

Here is what I consider elements of a good functional spec. I tend to use smaller paragraphs or bullets to make it readable. People tend not to read lengthy sentences or large paragraphs.

1. Problem statement: This section should clearly explain the problem you are trying to solve. This should not contain anything about the solution to the problem. You want readers to clearly understand the problem first.

2. Proposed solution: Now briefly explain the solution you are proposing to solve the problem.

3. Marketing Information/Justification: Things such as how big is the customer base that has this problem and why should we solve this problem (differentiation, tablestakes etc.)

4. Target Users: Who are the typical users who will use this? Internal to your company? External users? Experienced users? New users? All users?

5. Committed or Minimum Requirements: The requirements that have been reviewed and committed by Product Management and Engineering should be listed here. Unless all of these requirements have been implemented, the project will not solve the problem it is intended to solve to customer expectations. Or in other words, the new thing cannot be shipped in the product. Number the requirements instead of using bullets so that it is easier to refer to them during reviews, in emails, during discussions etc.

6. Requirements under Consideration: The requirements that needs to be considered by Engineering for implementation should be listed here. These are not committed to make this release. If time permits, Engineering will try to implement these in the current release (this never happens by the way). However, more importantly, Engineering has agreed to take them into account such that the current implementation will be able to support these requirements in the future. Again, number the requirements instead of using bullets so that it is easier to refer to them during reviews, in emails, during discussions etc.

7. Out of Scope Requirements: These would be requirements that have been agreed upon by Product Management and Engineering as out of scope for the current implementation. However, Engineering has agreed to take them into account such that the current implementation will be able to support these requirements in the future.

8. Proposed User Interface: This is where you would propose as to what the user interface needs to look like, what the interaction needs to be. This section will be written by an interaction designer or a graphics artist and if you don’t have such people, you should write them. I would not leave it to engineering to design the UI, you very well know what that will end up to be.

9. Typical Use Cases: Here you should list the most common use cases that should be supported by the current implementation. QA should be able to generate test plans based on these use cases. Flow charts are a very nice way to document use cases because it would mimic the workflow you expect the user to experience and are also very easy to understand. Doing flow charts also makes you realize the requirements you may not have accounted for.

I have used such a format for about 14 years now and engineering have always liked them because it tells them why to do something, how it needs to work etc.

Ads by Google
Pragmatic-certified PM's
Select the best product features with What To Do Next (WTDN).
www.4sqsolutions.comRequirements Management
Web-based w/ automated traceability Customizable, robust free version
www.workspace.comProduct Manager Templates
Templates, Samples & Resources Save Time, Write Better Documents!
www.280Group.comIRQA
Easy requirements management Download evaluation version now!
www.visuresolutions.com

Filed under: business, customer needs, marketing, product management

« Small decisions can impact product success ….. Is Saas the real solution to address software piracy? »3 Responses
Gnan, on May 8th, 2008 at 10:31 pm Said:
Gopal,

As always, your tips are not only highly thoughtful but also damn practical.

On the second element, proposed solution, do you make an assumption that the PM has strong business domain expertise and medium-to-high technology knowledge? Otherwise, what are the odds of PM proposed solution being very practical and cost effective? In my opinion, the proposed solution would be superior if the PM arrives to it through “brainstorm” collaboration with the development and other stakeholders.

gopalshenoy, on May 9th, 2008 at 6:23 am Said:
Gnan,

I agree. You can have all brainstorming sessions with customers, engineering, other PM’s etc. to figure out how to best solve the problem. Once you figure this out, the spec will document the solution that everyone has agreed to be the best way to solve the problem.

Gopal

Muhfukka

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
you seriously need to die

missnwawhoorider

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
muh on a serious note:I love you baby-lol :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

westsiderider323

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36:05 PM »
if i was a teacher i wouldnt want looney in my class either

nigga lookin' like the  Virginia Tech Shooter

hahahahaha

dont u feel cool bumpin this thread up,

ur as much as attention whore as ag and the others u dumb spic.

bananas, shut your pussy ass up.

dont u feel cool tryin to talk to me
that shit was funny dont talk that asian greasy shit open ya chink eyes and realize how much of a fag u r

chump, i aint greasy, but since we're generalizing, u must be a musty dirty gardening spic, u were late today muhtha fucka dint see your white truck infront of my house this morning

naw pretty sure that wasnt me but i know u got lil baby brothers and sisters makin me a fresh pair of nikes right now
tell em size 11 muthafucka

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 06:49:40 PM »
I'd like to see the statistics on what % of wiggers in community college end up w/ a degree.  And I'm talkin at least a bachelors. 

AGeesta

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
LOL damn looney acts so tough i wouldnt be suprised if he blasts all the white people at his school then turns the gun on himself like a bitch he is cus he knows he would get raped in prison