Author Topic: Yankees vs. Angels ALCS  (Read 2057 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Yankees vs. Angels ALCS
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »
^if you guys pulled it out in Game 6 somehow & then CC vs. Lackey for everything; oh my god, that's picture perfect for a baseball fan.

every game was tight & those extra inning games were awesome.

lol & yeah, our 7-8-9 would be 1-2-3 for like half the league. ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2009, 10:35:07 PM »
^if you guys pulled it out in Game 6 somehow & then CC vs. Lackey for everything; oh my god, that's picture perfect for a baseball fan.

every game was tight & those extra inning games were awesome.

lol & yeah, our 7-8-9 would be 1-2-3 for like half the league. ;D

It would have been, the storyline would have been great. The scrappy never say die Angels going against the most dangerous line up in the last at least 30 years. For all the marbles, the ultimate story in baseball. I don't think the Philly's put up the fight the Angels do and go 4-5 hours against the Yankees.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »
I wouldn't call it the best series ever, though it's up there. This year the Yankees are just too stacked. I mean it was frustrating, okay, first Jeter, okay, next, Damon, fuck, then Teixeira, trader, then A-Rod, when the fuck he start playing in the post season, then Matsui, goddamn man, the Swisher, oh thank god, but wait, Posada's up, fucker, then Cano, okay breath, then Cabrera, who'd be higher up the line up in an average team. I have to give credit, the Angels were outmanned and we came to play, but the Yankees were just stacked. Hard to beat, World Series, Yankee's in 5.

That really is a myth.  He was terrific in the 3 series' he was a regular with Seattle, had an AVG over .300 in every one and posting a OPS of .875, .615 and 1.253
His first two series' in New York he posted OPS of 1.213 and .895
In 2005 was 2 for 15 batting against the Angels but still got on base with .435 OBA
He was flat out non-existant vs. the Tigers the next year.
In 2007 he posted a OPS of .820 against the Tribe.  And this post season he's been amazing.

He's really only had one terrible series and one poor one.  Batters do get into slumps.  And also, you are facing more difficult opposition in the post season than in the regular season so it would be somewhat unrealistic to be putting up better post-season numbers than regular season numbers.