Author Topic: Before I Self Destruct is 50's BEST produced album & lyrically it's better than  (Read 655 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Get Rich Or Die Trying

this is my 1st listen to tha album and I love it better than the other 50 releases.  My only gripe is that when he does the voice change up it doesn't quite fit like on "Stretch", it just brings tha replay value of the song down and it's sad bcuz ALL of these tracks besides a couple are tremendously better than alotta tha usual 50 tracks.  

The production on this album is so perfect for the idea of the album.  I love it.  Really, if people still call this shit average, it has to be bcuz u ain't livin' it or just dont have they ears opened all of the way.  Everytime you OVER-ANALYZE an album you'll always be disappointed instead if u just chill back and listen and be happy about the new shit ur about to put in your mp3 player (and pls good people of dubcc, admit that most of y'all do, there's alot more opinions than facts on here).  [example of fact:  does it make ur head bop?]  It kinda does sound like a mixtape a lil' but that's wat 50 does best (mixtapes).  It doesn't really matter anyway, it's still music.  

If this was 93' this album woulda sounded "normal" (As far as putting an album together).  I'm actually glad 50 went tha hard route, when you got close to 1billion dollars in a bank account then rapping about your personal reality isn't something I wanna hear about.  LOL at Preme actually dropping a beat that made me shut my mouth in a long minute.  

And last, this album woulda been way better without the "baby by me" track which should've been replaced with "i get it in" it would've fit well, the 'whoa wave' on "Crime Wave", the singing on "ok you're right", and the new verse at the beginning of "could've been you", they actually ruined that shit by adding too much to it, the unfinished version still sounds better.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 07:46:19 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Jimmy H.

Hopefully with the recent leak, they'll push the album up a week or two.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I was bumping this in my headphones today, I was feeling alot more tracks on my 3rd listen round. He spitting hard on some of these joints

BiggBoogaBiff

I was bumping this in my headphones today, I was feeling alot more tracks on my 3rd listen round. He spitting hard on some of these joints

thank god atleast u can admit it, alotta folks wont even do that, its like they scared 2 admit that they fuck wit after they go on it.  50 dropped a hot album, enough said.  of course it's not tha greatest piece of music ever made for the people to hear but it's good from 50.  only so many people leave an impression and presence like the mainstream acts.  it's clear 50 can hold his ground in the game. 

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Before I Self Destruct is 50's BEST produced album & lyrically it's better than Get Rich Or Die Trying

:laugh: :laugh:

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
time will tell...yet get that paper fif.

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
BISD is buy far 50's best work in a while. It could be the best album ever in hip hop and people would still hate.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BISD is buy far 50's best work in a while. It could be the best album ever in hip hop and people would still hate.
real niggaz aint haten..u just have to be true to yourself about the artist and they music...just because u love their music,dont mean u have to be in denail about wack shit. 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

real niggaz aint haten..u just have to be true to yourself about the artist and they music...just because u love their music,dont mean u have to be in denail about wack shit. 8)

me personally i'm never in denial.  50 pulled out a few tricks on this album.  This is a good album, i'd buy it if downloading music were'nt so easy.... real talk

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ive never fucked with 50, except for maybe a few mixtapes, but this album is dope. a lot of people are hatin and i cant beleive im the one defending 50. if you told me last week id be trying to get ppl to listen to this new 50 record id say u crazy man.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Hopefully with the recent leak, they'll push the album up a week or two.
new release date is Nov. 16, it will be on iTunes on 9.

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LOL!

Paul

This is a good album, i'd buy it if downloading music were'nt so easy
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
All we are waiting for now is for Radiotube to come in here and say its the album of the century.
:cheers:

meecca

• 'G'
I'm buying it, I want that JMJ documentary & I'm curious about the BISDmovie also.
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement