Author Topic: tech n9nes k.o.d almost sells 30,000  (Read 415 times)

Lunatic

Re: tech n9nes k.o.d almost sells 30,000
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 09:33:01 PM »
Tech's fan base is insane. It's like a cult following lol.

I did a dope personal interview with Tech the other night btw
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 12:01:13 AM »
good numbers for an indie these days, he most def deserves this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Elano

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
Tech N9ne deserves the sales. Congrats to him.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 04:01:34 AM »
I'm not really a listener of his music but I hear he actually works for the fans.  He puts on a show that's nearly unbeatable to see.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

JohnnyL

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 05:38:04 AM »
 Tech definitely deserves whatever success he gets.  He works his ass off.  A few years ago 30,000 wouldn't have sounded like a lot.  But anymore, particularly for an indie artist, I'd say that's pretty good.  K.O.D. is a great album too.  For any Tech N9ne fans who haven't checked it out yet, you should.  IMO, it's the best cd he's put out in several years.

Mizery Made

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
I find it funny that XXL puts over Tech in that little sells report, given they (as well as The Source) refused to review the K.O.D. album due to the King Gordy verse on Horns. As for the highest selling Indie artist claims, not likely. There are artists in other Genres who have done huge numbers on a single album (we're talking multiple millions) on an Indie label. Besides, TVT was at one time considered the largest Indie label (from like, 2001-2005) during which time they released Kings of Crunk by Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz which has gone two times platinum.

Strange's claims of Tech being the biggest Indie artist I think has a lot to do with the fact Killer charted #1 on the Indie chart (which is around the time that whole #1 Indie Artist shit started) as well as the fact Pollstar has at one point had him high on their charts for highest grossing hip-hop touring act (behind Jay-Z and Kanye West). It's just... an attempt at buzz, in my opinion. "Tech N9ne, the number one independent artist" appeals to a wider crowd than the stigma he has of "Tech N9ne, devil worshipper"... then again, with this album... *Shrugs*

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 12:12:08 AM »
I find it funny that XXL puts over Tech in that little sells report, given they (as well as The Source) refused to review the K.O.D. album due to the King Gordy verse on Horns. As for the highest selling Indie artist claims, not likely. There are artists in other Genres who have done huge numbers on a single album (we're talking multiple millions) on an Indie label. Besides, TVT was at one time considered the largest Indie label (from like, 2001-2005) during which time they released Kings of Crunk by Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz which has gone two times platinum.

Strange's claims of Tech being the biggest Indie artist I think has a lot to do with the fact Killer charted #1 on the Indie chart (which is around the time that whole #1 Indie Artist shit started) as well as the fact Pollstar has at one point had him high on their charts for highest grossing hip-hop touring act (behind Jay-Z and Kanye West). It's just... an attempt at buzz, in my opinion. "Tech N9ne, the number one independent artist" appeals to a wider crowd than the stigma he has of "Tech N9ne, devil worshipper"... then again, with this album... *Shrugs*
A lot of people don't view TVT as an independent. I'm not sure how the specifics go but I'd say out of the artists who don't get played on mainstream radio or MTV/BET, Tech is leading the race. It also might have to do with profits as well. A double-platinum album might not generate as much money for the label if they spent X amount of money on promotion, guest appearance, etc. I'm not sure who's doing bigger on the independent scene than him but regardless, he is doing his thing.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 01:15:15 AM »

Anyone that thinks he's a devil worshiper has never listened to his music! they just talk shit instead of giving him his props.

his latest album is great, the only track I don't like is 'horns' cause prozak & King Gordy are straight ass IMO

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"