Author Topic: Some Classic Death Row RŽnŽB  (Read 922 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Some Classic Death Row RŽnŽB
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
There's no such thing as a personal classic. The words "personal" and "classic" don't even go together.

a personal classic is something that one person believes to be classic, regardless of how anyone else feels.

There being different meanings of the words is bullshit. That's just you trying to hijack the word for your own meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic

"The word classic has several meanings."

The word classic can also be used to refer to any period considered to "be a golden age."
(aka the golden age of death row)

ain't that funny? the guy who told me i was trying to hijack the word for my own meaning was actually doing that himself? stupid motherfucker.

you're an idiot. from this point forward, please refrain from trying to "correct" me with your ignorance.

once again, another person who was 9-11 years old when these tracks came out. stop speaking on something you know absolutely nothing about.

You're quoting wikipedia  :D

Again, you're hijacking the word.

The word classic can also be used to refer to any period considered to "be a golden age."[/b] (aka the golden age of death row)

It would be a song released during a classic period of music, the song itself would not be a classic. Or else people would just call every song released during that period a classic. Maybe I should point out the fact that this isn't even the type of music that Death Row became famous for.

There is no such thing as a personal classic. Classic refers to society's opinion as a whole. Just call it one of your favorites and leave it at that. No need to get hostile because someone corrects you. There are different meanings behind the word classic. But none of them are "I like this song so its a classic"

What would my age have to do with the correct usage of the word classic? I love the music created during the Death Row era, I grew up on it.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:50:30 PM by Rapsodie »

2euce 7even

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »
At 3:13 in this video ,This song is sick i dont know whos singing but wish this song would get released
what song?

Sorry thought i put the link up :

I ripped that track from the DVD and created a thread about it. No one knows what track it is and who's the artist. I think it could be K-ci or B Rezell. However there is a huge chance it could be someone that we don't even know.
oh yes.i would like 2 know who it is and what track it is, i remember that track that some1 (you) ripped it and later i heard it again watchin "inside death row".. would like 2 know who it is.suge is rally an idiot not puttin out all these peopleŽs stuff.

Goon_574

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »
At 3:13 in this video ,This song is sick i dont know whos singing but wish this song would get released
what song?

Sorry thought i put the link up :

I ripped that track from the DVD and created a thread about it. No one knows what track it is and who's the artist. I think it could be K-ci or B Rezell. However there is a huge chance it could be someone that we don't even know.

sounds like jewell as the female singer also,Do you still have the mp3 youre oringinal link is dead

2euce 7even

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »
every unknown death row rnb artists sounds like: jewell or danny boy  ::)

itzmurda

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
There's no such thing as a personal classic. The words "personal" and "classic" don't even go together.

a personal classic is something that one person believes to be classic, regardless of how anyone else feels.

There being different meanings of the words is bullshit. That's just you trying to hijack the word for your own meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic

"The word classic has several meanings."

The word classic can also be used to refer to any period considered to "be a golden age."
(aka the golden age of death row)

ain't that funny? the guy who told me i was trying to hijack the word for my own meaning was actually doing that himself? stupid motherfucker.

you're an idiot. from this point forward, please refrain from trying to "correct" me with your ignorance.

once again, another person who was 9-11 years old when these tracks came out. stop speaking on something you know absolutely nothing about.

You're quoting wikipedia  :D

Again, you're hijacking the word.

The word classic can also be used to refer to any period considered to "be a golden age."[/b] (aka the golden age of death row)

It would be a song released during a classic period of music, the song itself would not be a classic. Or else people would just call every song released during that period a classic. Maybe I should point out the fact that this isn't even the type of music that Death Row became famous for.

There is no such thing as a personal classic. Classic refers to society's opinion as a whole. Just call it one of your favorites and leave it at that. No need to get hostile because someone corrects you. There are different meanings behind the word classic. But none of them are "I like this song so its a classic"

What would my age have to do with the correct usage of the word classic? I love the music created during the Death Row era, I grew up on it.

you never "corrected" me. you merely spoke your own personal opinion (which happened to be extremely wrong)

you stated: "There being different meanings of the words is bullshit"

i proved you wrong by wikipedia, then you tried to question wikipedia as a source. okay, how about dictionary.com?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/classic

clas⋅sic

–adjective
1.    of the first or highest quality, class, or rank: a classic piece of work.
2.    serving as a standard, model, or guide: the classic method of teaching arithmetic.
3.    of or pertaining to Greek and Roman antiquity, esp. with reference to literature and art.
4.    modeled upon or imitating the style or thought of ancient Greece and Rome: The 17th and 18th centuries were obsessed with classic ideals.
5.    of or adhering to an established set of artistic or scientific standards or methods: a classic example of mid-Victorian architecture.
6.    basic; fundamental: the classic rules of warfare.
7.    of enduring interest, quality, or style: a classic design; classic clothes.
8.    of literary or historical renown: the classic haunts of famous writers.
9.    traditional or typical: a classic comedy routine.
10.    definitive: the classic reference work on ornithology.
11.    of or pertaining to automobiles distinguished by elegant styling, outstanding engineering, and fine workmanship that were built between about 1925 and 1948.
–noun
12.    an author or a literary work of the first rank, esp. one of demonstrably enduring quality.
13.    an author or literary work of ancient Greece or Rome.
14.    classics, the literature and languages of ancient Greece and Rome (often prec. by the).
15.    an artist or artistic production considered a standard.
16.    a work that is honored as definitive in its field: His handbook on mushrooms is a classic.
17.    something noteworthy of its kind and worth remembering: His reply was a classic.
18.    an article, as of clothing, unchanging in style: Her suit was a simple classic.
19.    a typical or traditional event, esp. one that is considered to be highly prestigious or the most important of its kind: The World Series is the fall classic of baseball.
20.    Archaic. a classicist.

dictionary.com had 20 different definitions of the word "classic."

many which proves the existence of "personal classics" as well, such as #17. it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH PUBLIC OPINION. PERIOD.

you are wrong, take the L and move on. i dont care what the word means TO YOU. who are you supposed to be? i believe the dictionary is a better source for DEFINITIONS than you are.

also let me break it down why you feel i am being "hostile":

1. you come in here telling people what they can and can not call classics
2. you were 9-11 years old when the tracks you are speaking on were released
3. your PERSONAL definition of "classic" is incorrect

There being different meanings of the words is bullshit.

There are different meanings behind the word classic.

wtffff???? contradicting yourself in a matter of a few posts (after you were proven wrong of course). im sure you'll come with another reply full of ignorance (which i will prove wrong again), but if you can't respond to this blatant contradiction first, then dont bother.

But none of them are "I like this song so its a classic"

17.    something noteworthy of its kind and worth remembering

something "something noteworthy of its kind and worth remembering" is personal OPINION, thus can be called a "personal classic", regardless of how the next man feels about it.

get over it, and quit trying to "school" people when you have no clue what you are talking about.

It would be a song released during a classic period of music, the song itself would not be a classic.

perhaps you skipped over this post from the first page:

besides the dude wasnt calling every song a classic. im sure he was talking about the "classic death row" sound from when the label was in its prime.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:40:44 PM by itzmurda »

2euce 7even

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 05:22:15 AM »
 ::)