Author Topic: I'm totally proud of Drake  (Read 1406 times)

Victor Lucas

• Lil Geezy
  • Check me out on Electric Playground fellas
I'm totally proud of Drake
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:07:10 PM »
He is holding down Canada pretty sweet right? Canada stand up

DTG Entertainment

Re: I'm totally proud of Drake
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:16:16 PM »
Yeah, first Canadian artist I really enjoyed. By the way, whatever happened to Victor Lucas? He fell of the map after fucking Electronic Playground. Great show. I miss his and Tommy's reviews.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:23:03 PM »
By the way, if you are Victor Lucas - I never figured I would meet you via a forum but props. Lol. If you aren't, it's whatever but you still made my day and my friend's day because - that Reviews On The Site is dope. I grew up watching your stuff and so did my friend, because I was a big video game nerd back in the day, but yeah back to Drake. What's your favorite Drake song, Vic?

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:22:04 AM »
Yeah, first Canadian artist I really enjoyed.
Classified is much better canadian artist if you are still looking for more.

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:37:30 AM »

TYPICAL internet shit. TYPICAL.

"aw i dont like X so i'll just compare him to rapper Y who i think is so much better and is "real hip-hop"

TYPICAL

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 01:02:42 AM »

TYPICAL internet shit. TYPICAL.

"aw i dont like X so i'll just compare him to rapper Y who i think is so much better and is "real hip-hop"

TYPICAL
Shut the fuck up, I like some Drake songs but Classified has more topics in his songs.

MediumL

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »
Hes alright. A bit overrated tbh But yer I'm glad he's from Canada, maybe it will open up the doors for other countries hip-hop to come to the US. Although Canada has the advantage of similar accents and very similar music to the US.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 02:47:03 AM »
whole country is proud of him as u can see

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 02:56:09 AM »
Drake is the best ever.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Jaydc

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 03:15:05 AM »
Dont understan the hype.Hes an ok singer and an ok rapper but hes not very impressive.And hes a product of the machine that whole self made indepedant shit was a load of shit.

By the way the best canadian hip hop act is k-os,although honestly dudes music expands to more then just hip hop.If youve never listened to him your missing out

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 06:53:03 AM »
dude raps o.k but his is mo like a pop rapper. so fucc him

Portugoal

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 07:24:25 AM »
Dont understan the hype.Hes an ok singer and an ok rapper but hes not very impressive.And hes a product of the machine that whole self made indepedant shit was a load of shit.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:46:21 AM »
Yeah, first Canadian artist I really enjoyed. By the way, whatever happened to Victor Lucas? He fell of the map after fucking Electronic Playground. Great show. I miss his and Tommy's reviews.

EP and Reviews on the Run still air, mostly on the west coast. Tommy isn't really part of the show anymore, but Victor is. His taste in rap obviously sucks though.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »
The self made Drake shit is a joke.  He is a complete product of the industry.  I still like the music so I'm fine by that.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

About 2 set myself on fire in carosine lookin at the haters/"judges"/"fans"
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »

By the way the best canadian hip hop act is k-os,although honestly dudes music expands to more then just hip hop.If youve never listened to him your missing out

LOL @ everybody on here who's never even heard Drake's shit besides the shit on the radio... now that's typical.  i guess no1 has heard tracks like these from Drake (1 of which is produced by DJ Khalil).  Product of the industry, maybe, but he has some of the best shit I've heard in years and his flow and ear for beats is exceptional.  Pac would work with Drake if he was still around.  Yeah, Drake raps about the bitches, but it's more than just "i love u baby" and "fuck me tonite" substance on the records.  

Like i've said b4, people don't like him only 4 tha simple fact that dude is in the mainstream industry, he's signed and works with Lil' Wayne (a bigger reason for the hate), and he makes songs more geared to the females (whole time he's just keepin' it real with himself & the people on the songs).  Dig deeper between the nigga's raps, you'll see that him and LL Cool J should go down on the same podium of "player" rap (each with his own spot, if Drake keeps up).  Real talk, even if Drake wasn't co-signed by everybody that's anybody I would still check 4 his shit.  The nigga is mad nice, listen to his mixtapes and album (ep) and you'll see that you shoulda been a fan a minute ago.  

I look at it like this, if u like Conscience, Political (even tho he doesn't r3ally have any), Fun, Lyrical, and Feel Good rap (like Talib, Common, and Wale) then you gotta fuck wit' Drake.  He keeps it 100 and has tite shit, you couldn't really ask 4 more.  But i guess the bloggers will never quit.  I could point out two classics by Drake (if not classic then damn near close, this is greatest hits material i know that).

(produced by DJ Khalil)

(1 of the realest records from 07-09)
 (dedication 2 Canada)
 (u wanted lyrics with an old school hip hop flow here u go)

this isn't a petition for Drake to be everybody's favorite rapper but what tha fuck r y'all on.  you can't call urself a fan of hip hop if u nit-pik at everything.  i loved "the chronic"s and the "ready to die"s but let's b real here, albums from the 90's isn't the only quality hip hop music.  i don't see a decline in Hip Hop with niggaz like Drake, I see the growth
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 10:44:48 AM by Kick 4rm 301 »