Author Topic: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?  (Read 5976 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 08:13:37 PM »
^i've never seen anybody say, "damn that song by Gucci is just so ill".

what's his best song? does he even have one?

well either im right that u live in a box/4 cornered room and never see tha light of day unless it's thru your blinds or u just dont know ppl and don't get out much.  Gucci sells out concerts (days in a row over here and im sure other places too).  So when u say shit like that it gives the impressions that i just said, not to mention all of the people co-signing Gucci's shit on other sites besides ny/ca forums and dubcc.  

that's his best song? lmao.

I quote: "wonderful, wonderful, damn I feel wonderful. I'm looking at your girl and I feel like fucking her. Wonderful wonderful, damn I feel wonderful. so many diamonds on but i'm lowering the temperature"

fuck outta here.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:16:32 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
^na, there are songs on Thoughts of A Predicate Felony that i can bump.

you can't show me a Gucci song that will be alright.

true, that album did have some bangers, "We Don't Give A Fuck", "Drama Setter", "So High" and "Live By The Gun" were dope.... the rest I only liked the production really or features, but the mixtape Yayo dropped with Whoo Kid a few months before his album dropped was actually fire, the song he had with Banks over Jay's "Where I'm From" was  :o, and in the early G-Unit days he wasn't bad

there are a few Gucci songs I would name that I think are bangers but I already know you just wouldn't like them cuz I know how your taste is, but I respect your opinion  8)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:42:35 PM by H0W HiGH »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »
I enjoy Tony Yayo's They Hate.  The chorus is dope.

There's also Stat Quo and Bobby Creekwater. 

The south is dope.  Other folks just haters and are mad because the music they're creating isn't generating revenue from the masses.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Blood$

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 09:01:18 PM »
Stat Quo, shit I forgot him on my list and he's been putting out material lol yeah he's dope too  8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 09:27:27 PM »
how has the south been the soundtrack when the southern artists idolize the westcoast rappers, style, picture, scene? lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
^ just let go of your ignorance and read. 

and i dont think there is ONE Gucci track that you would like, but i'm not even gonna try 2 convince u im not getting paid for this shit im just hittin facts with proof i could provide from shit u already see and should know. 

The South has always been America's voice (the world's voice or atleast on the Western Hemisphere).  The West and The East came after.  The MidWest has yet to make a big impact on music from what I can see/remember (im not just talkin rap).  that's that so stop fuckin wit me and misleading little children.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »
rick ross favorite rapper and looks up to ice cube, mc ren, dre
jeezy bows down to ice cube, snoop dogg
wayne is scared of snoop who he also idolizes
jim jones favorite rapper is game
gucci is a blood by way of (the westcoast where the bloods are before jim jones took it to the east)
lil bow wow...lol but yeah lil bow wow's godfather is snoop
8ball, mjg, bg, juvie etc...they all idolize westcoast rappers more than any other rapper from any other coast
they took our style and tried usin it in their region...it worked for so long until rappers from this coast finally spoke up and said whats the reg rag hangin out there for?  
you must've heard wanna be's by jeezy right?  ya hes talkin bout rick ross, wayne, all the ones fakin it unlike face, and a few others like mentioned

name 1 rapper besides a few that are better than what this coast has had to offer?
the same coast that is that put the world on the map, not jus the soundtrack

its all good tho, i know its hard to come by but you gon have to sooner or later

i usually dont waste time witcha delusional self...but hey every now and then its not fair that others always prove you wrong
its not that the westcoast is better....its the blueprint for what other rappers are and they even have said that

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »
^ you love the WestCoast and ur from the West so of course you would hold a view like that, even tho half of those facts like Ball&G are just things you took outta ur ass.  But I LOVE THE WEST, im always rootin' 4 em so i can understand your point, alotta real shit has came from the West but im talking about Music as a whole.  I'm talking Miles Davis and Muddy Waters and hell even Reeba MacN-Tire.  Not everybody is scared or idolizes the WestCoast tho, we appreciate how y'all opend tha doors and made some of the greatest music (even tho Most artist from The WestCoast have been completely trash unless they've come from The Ruthless Records Family Tree Dre-Snoop-DPG-etc).  

The South has had about 7/8 years instead of FOUR years like the Wests' run was has completely pretty much outshined/brainwashed anything on The WestCoast (commercially and however else u look at it) - That's power right there.  Now i ain't holdin' a biased view on the South (even tho just tha other day u were talking about how i worshipped the West... i guess) but we've done alot more than y'all have and u can't blame the people/industry bcuz people kept gettin tired of hearing about 64's and Cali weed and Gangbangin, niggaz love the beats (well not all) but that's all that comes from the West (since after NWA) and still on til this day (check out tha new DoggPound album).  We dominated bcuz we were versatile and can hold down the market/game in all corners, y'all can't even with this Jerk shit, it might pop off but it won't be as fresh or new or as big like "crunk/buck" music was/is (and i dont cant see it growing past 2010).

i respect that stance u hold on for the WestCoast and I share almost the same enthusiasm but ima be real, if niggaz can't break past puttin/sayin "westcoast/side", "b&c's", and 64 chevy's in every other hook or verse and song and can't think outside the box without being corny or blend in then niggaz will never get support outside of Cali (and that's not even the whole WestCoast).  bottom line is everybody respects the west and everybody has a favorite westcoast vet but nobody is on dick and has to be or took some style from the west coast bcuz niggaz share similar character traits (it's street niggaz we talkin about here, it's wat we do).  the westcoast fucked up when Cali became "the WestCoast" and every other state got no burn and still gets no burn (can't blame the white folks all of the time).  y'all did it to y'all selves, same with the East but atleast they let a few niggaz from Jersey and Boston get on, y'all can't even say that about Cali (where's AZ besides Willie, where's LV, wat about Portland, Seattle ain't poppin off, y'all had the killaz and the white folks right there, you couldn't beat a opportunity like that).  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 11:00:53 PM by 301-703-202-410 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »
its all good i shouldnt have wasted time witcha but like i said every now n then its aite to do so
yeah im from the westcoast, but im not bein biased cuz like i said other regions have some real rappers
you always sound biased and outta line tho
its not good and old to talk bout chevys, khakis n chucks, low lows but its not old to talk crunk, grillz etc...
why is it aite for one region to talk bout what they do but not the other?
exactly it isnt
whos the biased one now? lol
its all good tho, all that wack muzik you got down south go you all SCREWED UP
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »
see, that song "Wonderful" is hot trash.

i haven't been shown/heard a song yet that he doesn't rap about some sort of bling.

i mean that lack of variety (not to mention lack of being a lyricist & hook-maker & a rapper for that matter) is alright for some of you guys? ???

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »
every region has it's problems but im with the "unity" region thing.  fuck labeling and sticking artist to 1 coast, let's all unite as 1 and just drop talk of "dirty south" "upnorth/eastcoast" and so on.  that game will b much better that way.

and you're right all Gucci does talk about is trappin, there's nothing wrong with that if that's who u r as a rapper.  i think it's just not ur style and whatever do u, but if millions of people love and fuck with Gucci then that should tell u something, and im not talkin tha youngin's im talkin everybody that loves rap.  people over here (entire dmv) play just as much Gucci Mane as they do Gogo if not more.  Mary-land is Gucci-Land, same with the City and Down The Highway and BMore.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »
^the thing about majority rule is that it's not always right.

just because people like him, that makes him good?

people liked William Hung from American Idol, but i think we are all in agreement that he was the worst singer of all time;

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »
^the thing about majority rule is that it's not always right.

just because people like him, that makes him good?

people liked William Hung from American Idol, but i think we are all in agreement that he was the worst singer of all time;

YOU JUST DONT LIKE GUCCI... u can't put everybody in tha same boat as you.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »
^yeah, because his music is bad lol.

i don't like Biggie Smalls either, but i can admit that he was a good rapper.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2009, 09:08:15 AM »
^yeah, because his music is bad lol.

i don't like Biggie Smalls either, but i can admit that he was a good rapper.

great 4 u.   but stop assuming that everybody feels the same way as u do.  u always come in here or reference something about Gucci (Which makes u look like ur on dick btw).  just keep it quiet.  u come across as more of a hater than some1 who's a real fan of hip hop and just sharing critique/opinions.  it's like u compare everything 2 Gucci Mane but u dont like him, which for one is ironic and number two moronic (aka u always have his dick in your mouth).  wat makes it worse is that u always have to have the last word which makes it look like ur on everybody's dick and gucci mane's dick and ur feelin really hurt or insecure about urself.  a true MAN would just let it go, but i guess wat i have to say to u ain't shit anyways all u gonna do is repeat the process over and over again until u say something sarcastic and nobody writes back to make u feel like u made ur point or "u won" lol.  but im sure u'll take THIS as a diss instead of real talk which u r clearly lacking... im just sayin.  but i bet u still wanna make ur point and keep fighting it huh?  well take the floor sir
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:17:34 AM by 301-703-202-410 »