Author Topic: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?  (Read 5962 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

i think i know tho.  bcuz of the big shift in Hip Hop.  but it's still no reason for the World (especially the US) to try and taint the game with the "hhid" moniker attached to it's rep.  now i put this in the "tot" section bcuz hip hop is my soul and not something that is just a fad or a phase for me (like most on here).  but the South has always been host to America's music whether it's rock, country, jazz, etc the South has always held it down and shown America's true colors so what's with all of these self proclaimed hip hop lovers/guru/etc's doing shitting on it's name and rep.  I can't go for it in 2010, anybody else feel different i'm shootin, real talk.  The south is the embodiment of Hip Hop and ALL of Western music.

thisoneguy360

Re: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »
The south ain't all bad, it's just the ones getting recognition that suck.

AGeesta

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »
the south is like every coast
we got some shitty rappers and some awesome rappers

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:47:09 PM »
the dopest from the South right now IMO is Z-Ro, B.G., Juve, Wayne (sometimes), Jeezy, Luda, Young Buck, Big Boi, T.I., B.o.B, Killer Mike, Bun B, Scarface, Trae, Devin, Cham, Slim Thug, Three 6 Mafia, etc.

the ones who give the South a bad rep is dudes like Shawty Lo, Soulja Boy, OJ Da Juiceman (even though he has a few bangers and he's a funny lol) etc... Gucci gets a pass from me cuz he has some tracks I like even though he puts out hella wack shit
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:49:54 PM by H0W HiGH »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »
true.  i know everybody doesn't feel hate towards the South or feel the need to act like Daddy towards tha South but Hip Hop grew and became a market.  yes the market is a lil fucked up but it's all balanced out with the internet

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:17:24 AM »
lol...radiotube changed his name again.

There's dope music from the south to be sure. I can't hate on an entire region. But for the people that do, I would guess its because the South's rise in popularity happened to coincide with when mainstream hip hop was at its weakest lyrically. So a lot of people associate the two together.

midwestryder

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:47:45 AM »
The south is not embodiment of Hip Hop and ALL of Western music at all. east coast &west coast are more embodiment of Hip Hop and ALL of Western music . instead south represents  everything wrong with hip hop & america. the south is one of the reason other countries look down on the united states. the ignorance & hate that comes from the south is the worst. .

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »
the dopest from the South right now IMO is Z-Ro, B.G., Wayne (sometimes), Jeezy, Luda, Young Buck, Big Boi, T.I., B.o.B, Killer Mike, Bun B, Scarface, Trae, Devin, Cham, Slim Thug.

agreed.

if the music isn't from these guys, it just isn't all that good.

plus it has such a different sound, opposed to bangin' beats in the West & sharp lyricist in the East & from the D.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 10:59:31 AM »
i don't hate the south, but there's definitely a lot of crap music coming from there.
not to mention the influence

westsiderider323

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »
its like u gotta b in the south to realize not all of it is wack
thats what happened to me

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 11:12:59 AM »
I meant the South as in America's music.  I hate to bring up race in it but if this were white people rapping about the same things that southern rappers do (the commercial acts) then it would b in a whole nutha lime light altogether.  And i dont wanna come across like i'm bitching bcuz fact is the hating on the south has DRAMATICALLY decreased in Hip Hop but I've seen how (some) ppl talk about it and it just blowz the fuck outta me.  Like MC Eiht was 1 of the greatest to do it but Young Jeezy isn't shit, like they're identical in subject matter and flows (both have their own unique flow thats slow) and both are rooted with the ghetto side of Hip Hop but Eiht gets the praise and Jeezy gets the hate.  and this isn't a rant about Jeezy or who i like for that matter, it's about the perception I see, the direction I see that Hip Hop is going in when it comes to the people "voicing out".  There's just noway that everybody from the 90's has an edge over everybody post-DeathRow/post-RuffRyders.  I take everything good from the South with a grain of salt but let's not act like this isn't an American tradition for the South to hold such a position in music.  It's like everything that has come from there has been done in vein, I can't let that happen as long as I'm around that's all i'm sayin.  hope i aint lose u

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 12:35:24 PM »
If there were white rappers rapping about the same thing the mainstream southern rappers do, they would be even bigger jokes than they are.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
If there were white rappers rapping about the same thing the mainstream southern rappers do, they would be even bigger jokes than they are.

honestly, if they were white; they wouldn't pass.

if a guy like Gucci or some other southern scrub was white, the entire world call it the greatest garbage of all time.

but since he can pass it off as "swag" (yeah, apparenlty showing retardation = swag); it passes mainstream.

bottom line, there is good music that comes out of the South, but the worst music out there comes from the South too.

the West, Mid-West & East are far more consistant; you won't find nearly as many terrible, awful rappers.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 12:55:54 PM »

honestly, if they were white; they wouldn't pass.

if a guy like Gucci or some other southern scrub was white, the entire world call it the greatest garbage of all time.

but since he can pass it off as "swag" (yeah, apparenlty showing retardation = swag); it passes mainstream.

bottom line, there is good music that comes out of the South, but the worst music out there comes from the South too.

the West, Mid-West & East are far more consistant; you won't find nearly as many terrible, awful rappers.

I think they're just products of the mainstream industry and they are in the mindset that swag/bullshit is what's cool and rhymes don't matter. There are a lot of terrible rappers in all regions, but the ones from the East and the West aren't encouraged to be whack. Its like our coasts suppress the bullshit, whereas in the south its encouraged. I've noticed that the entire south will get behind a rapper, regardless of how skilled they are, just because of where they are from and regional pride. That isn't really the case on the east and west coast.   

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »
find a way past it, it's what we do