Author Topic: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?  (Read 5977 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
If ya like it, bump it. If ya don't, leave it alone. Big ups to the artists in the South, East, Midwest, and the West putting it down.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
I know it's all a matter of opinion but there seems to be this dominant opinion that being commercial means you make bad music.  Get off your high horses (to those of you clearly on them).

Not all of commercial music is bad, but a lot of it is. Why do you think they call it "commercial"? Its the type of music that the labels decide to push onto the public, and at this point in time the commercial single has devolved to follow a formula that they think will sell.

what makes u think ur so right and most people feel the same way (i can finds millions who will disagree over and under the age of 25).  it just sounds like u don't get out enough.  pushing the same old argument about "commercial" music just makes the music sound a whole lot better after a while especially when it's not half bad.

Why do you think the same type of songs get played over and over again? Why do you think only a certain type of rapper gets signed to major labels? Because its a business. Back in the day when record execs were first trying to sell hip hop, they didn't have a formula. That's why the music you heard was more varied. Now they do have a formula. Its only now that people are starting to realize that the formula is bullshit.

Go read up on payola and come back with some knowledge. Clear Channel Communications (your lord and master) is getting sued for it and investigated every other year. They own most of the market, they decide what gets played and what doesn't. And guess what? They get a fat stack of cash for pushing that new single on you. You, that kid buying into the system and wanting to bump "what's hot", regardless of quality.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »
another dope artist from the south is rain
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2009, 01:54:40 PM »

that kid is going to be something. 8)

but he has a different sound than the artists that are "hated" on from the South.

he's got some deep music, he doesn't rap about money & bling & shit.

BiggBoogaBiff

i've noticed u think u know it all, u dont
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »
I know it's all a matter of opinion but there seems to be this dominant opinion that being commercial means you make bad music.  Get off your high horses (to those of you clearly on them).

Not all of commercial music is bad, but a lot of it is. Why do you think they call it "commercial"? Its the type of music that the labels decide to push onto the public, and at this point in time the commercial single has devolved to follow a formula that they think will sell.

what makes u think ur so right and most people feel the same way (i can finds millions who will disagree over and under the age of 25).  it just sounds like u don't get out enough.  pushing the same old argument about "commercial" music just makes the music sound a whole lot better after a while especially when it's not half bad.

Why do you think the same type of songs get played over and over again? Why do you think only a certain type of rapper gets signed to major labels? Because its a business. Back in the day when record execs were first trying to sell hip hop, they didn't have a formula. That's why the music you heard was more varied. Now they do have a formula. Its only now that people are starting to realize that the formula is bullshit.

ummmm the formula was gangsta hardcore carbon copy artist of the top artist on DeathRow and DefJam.  that's why GFunk got played out quicker than crunk music.  you're just a hater, there's no reasoning with u if u can't look past the $ being made.  reasoning with u and trying 2 get u 2 talk about some trill shit is impossible, you've done nothing but fail this whole time.  u can't recover now, u've shown ur colors and ignorance.

Portugoal

Re: i've noticed u think u know it all, u dont
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2009, 02:34:19 PM »
GFunk got played out quicker than crunk music

Say that again in 15 years.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »

but he has a different sound than the artists that are "hated" on from the South.

Actually Rain raps quite a bit about money and bling. But at least he paints a picture and is creative in talking about it with his lyrics. But yeah dude is D O P E. Him and J Cole are 2 of NC finest right now on the mic. There are alot of dope MCs there.

Portugoal

« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2009, 02:39:11 PM »

Actually Rain raps quite a bit about money and bling. But at least he paints a picture and is creative in talking about it with his lyrics. But yeah dude is D O P E. Him and J Cole are 2 of NC finest right now on the mic. There are alot of dope MCs there.

J. Cole and Rain have nothing original or something that makes them stand out.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »
What was the last original artist you listened to?
- Banks

Portugoal

« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2009, 02:43:34 PM »
What was the last original artist you listened to?

B.o.B

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »
Really? What is he doing that's original?

(please don't take this as hate, i'm just wondering on why people think this)
- Banks

Portugoal

« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »
Really? What is he doing that's original?

(please don't take this as hate, i'm just wondering on why people think this)

his music is fresh and presented in a way nobody else does it

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »
he gets my props because he plays instruments which a lot of producers and hip-hop artists don't.   more cats need to be musicians. 
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »

J. Cole and Rain have nothing original or something that makes them stand out.

i agree with that.

although they could be two of the dopest rappers, but nothing gives them that "sound" you need to have to be different.

but i did show some of my people that J. Cole mixtape & they were feelin' it. 8)

midwestryder

« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »
man, all of these Gucci Mane & Lil Wayne are the only rappers from the South hate posting is killing me.  if those two (mainly Gucci, so it's one) are the only excuses you and the whole midwest are in sad shape.  and i fucks wit Tech hard but he doesn't come 2 DC and sell out or maryland or delaware or philly or jersey so that's an invalid statement.  this shit is getting childish
for one it is not childish when you are lieing son of bitch. you are the one who childish & can't admitt the truth at all / the midwest is in the same shape as the south . so please with the bullshit you kick.. you have ran from mostly everything i said . the kod tour sold out everywhere & that is fact . do you know who was on kod tour or you just talking out of your ass like always.. face the facts because thats what they are