Author Topic: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?  (Read 5966 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2009, 10:42:57 PM »
^save your typing, he has run from everything anyone's ever replied to his comments.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: i've noticed u think u know it all, u dont
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2009, 06:45:19 PM »
I know it's all a matter of opinion but there seems to be this dominant opinion that being commercial means you make bad music.  Get off your high horses (to those of you clearly on them).

Not all of commercial music is bad, but a lot of it is. Why do you think they call it "commercial"? Its the type of music that the labels decide to push onto the public, and at this point in time the commercial single has devolved to follow a formula that they think will sell.

what makes u think ur so right and most people feel the same way (i can finds millions who will disagree over and under the age of 25).  it just sounds like u don't get out enough.  pushing the same old argument about "commercial" music just makes the music sound a whole lot better after a while especially when it's not half bad.

Why do you think the same type of songs get played over and over again? Why do you think only a certain type of rapper gets signed to major labels? Because its a business. Back in the day when record execs were first trying to sell hip hop, they didn't have a formula. That's why the music you heard was more varied. Now they do have a formula. Its only now that people are starting to realize that the formula is bullshit.

ummmm the formula was gangsta hardcore carbon copy artist of the top artist on DeathRow and DefJam.  that's why GFunk got played out quicker than crunk music.  you're just a hater, there's no reasoning with u if u can't look past the $ being made.  reasoning with u and trying 2 get u 2 talk about some trill shit is impossible, you've done nothing but fail this whole time.  u can't recover now, u've shown ur colors and ignorance.

The gangsta rap era was the beginning when they were first experimenting with a formula. But even back then they had alternative acts getting attention as well. De la Soul, ATCQ, The Pharcyde, etc. Now all variety has been almost completely phased out. I can name the "different" artists who get airplay on one hand.

I'm not a hater, I'm stating facts. Payola is a fact. Its a fact that only certain rappers get to make it. Its a fact that Clear Channel only plays artists who come from labels who shell out the doe. The "hot songs" you like so much are really only the songs that white business executives have decided to push onto you.

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: i've noticed u think u know it all, u dont
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »
I know it's all a matter of opinion but there seems to be this dominant opinion that being commercial means you make bad music.  Get off your high horses (to those of you clearly on them).

Not all of commercial music is bad, but a lot of it is. Why do you think they call it "commercial"? Its the type of music that the labels decide to push onto the public, and at this point in time the commercial single has devolved to follow a formula that they think will sell.

what makes u think ur so right and most people feel the same way (i can finds millions who will disagree over and under the age of 25).  it just sounds like u don't get out enough.  pushing the same old argument about "commercial" music just makes the music sound a whole lot better after a while especially when it's not half bad.

Why do you think the same type of songs get played over and over again? Why do you think only a certain type of rapper gets signed to major labels? Because its a business. Back in the day when record execs were first trying to sell hip hop, they didn't have a formula. That's why the music you heard was more varied. Now they do have a formula. Its only now that people are starting to realize that the formula is bullshit.

ummmm the formula was gangsta hardcore carbon copy artist of the top artist on DeathRow and DefJam.  that's why GFunk got played out quicker than crunk music.  you're just a hater, there's no reasoning with u if u can't look past the $ being made.  reasoning with u and trying 2 get u 2 talk about some trill shit is impossible, you've done nothing but fail this whole time.  u can't recover now, u've shown ur colors and ignorance.

The gangsta rap era was the beginning when they were first experimenting with a formula. But even back then they had alternative acts getting attention as well. De la Soul, ATCQ, The Pharcyde, etc. Now all variety has been almost completely phased out. I can name the "different" artists who get airplay on one hand.

I'm not a hater, I'm stating facts. Payola is a fact. Its a fact that only certain rappers get to make it. Its a fact that Clear Channel only plays artists who come from labels who shell out the doe. The "hot songs" you like so much are really only the songs that white business executives have decided to push onto you.

hmmmm.  1, u either never listen to the songs i post in my post and/or 2 u just dont wanna admit that there's alotta good acts out there that's different and just wanna vent out again... Kid Cudi, The Cool Kids, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Bishop Lamont, i could really go on all day.  the south has the same game plan layout as the West coast, nothing different, just a different concept.  ur just bored and need 2 talk, go do something