Author Topic: So I copped Xzibits WOMD  (Read 627 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So I copped Xzibits WOMD
« on: November 19, 2009, 01:44:59 AM »
And this shit is dope, the production line up is amazing, Khalil, Hi Tek, Mr Poter, JR Rotem playing keys on a couple tracks, Battlecat, Rick Rock, Jellyroll, Timbaland

Xzibits really spitting on this album as well, and the Strong Arm Steady features are ill, dissapointed that the original group disbanded. I never really gave this album a chance but I'm glad I finally did, it all flows well together, and goes hard in a good system.

"Ride Or Die", "Tough Guy" "Judgement Day" "Klack" and "Beware of us" are all atleast 4/5 joints. The single was kinda corny, but that shit did pretty well when it came out. If you haven't heard this, you should give it a spin, the free DVD was all good too...

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: So I copped Xzibits WOMD
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 02:20:47 AM »
back 2 the way it was is one of xzibits best tracks

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29:31 AM »
It's a good album..it's more mellow, that's the vibe i got from it after playing it for awhile.
The tracks you listed are among my fave too!
D.Porter did a good job "Ride Or Die.
The track with Busta is dope!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:32:09 AM by Mackin »
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 08:16:48 AM »
LAX, Hey Now, Tough Guy, Scent of a Woman and Klack is my top 5. But yeah, like ya'll said, shit's a good album.

RxScenester

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • cold chillen
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:32:28 AM »
Yea I've always enjoyed this album, it has a dark feeling to it along with some bangin' tracks

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 08:36:53 AM »
That is probably his most underrated album in his catalog. Cold World is the shit and one of Jelly Roll's best beats. That whole album I can pretty much bump front to back and not skip a track on it.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »
"Ride Or Die" is one of my favorite tracks from Xzibit. "Back 2 The Way It Was" is also another tight song from this album.

Okka

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »
So was Ride Or Die featuring Pastor Troy, the original version of the song? I know there is a official cd single of the track but doesn't state if it's a remix or not.

You are talkin about "Ride And Smoke", not "Ride Or Die". There's a few remixes around of "Ride And Smoke", The Game is featured on one of them.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
loved this album; althought i love all of Xzibit's work.

one of the most consistant rappers ever.

this album is a personal classic to me, some amazing tunes like, Back 2 The Way It Was & Mutha Fucka, Klack, Scent of A Woman, Criminal Set, L.A.X. was an insane intro (he always brings it on the intro).

such a great album. 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
Damn good to see everyone was feeling this album, Criminal Set was the shit. Xzibit just needs to keep the production line up he had on this album and he's good

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 05:07:28 AM »
This was a dope album!! He covered alot of shit in dis album! X To Tha Z...

Matty

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 05:47:02 AM »
i thought this album was dope 8)

highlights:

'LAX' - hard hitting rock sound, xzibit ripping it. we know the original version of this was a DRE production too.

'Criminal Set' - hard hitting and bouncy FUNK beat, xzibit flowing and the main man Krondon lacing a hook. think after hearing this track was when i first started checking for Krondon. cool video too 8)

'Hey Now' - dope mainstream single. this was getting a lot of spins on TV and clubs etc. explosive funky rhythm from timbaland and one of the first spots for Keri Hilson.

DEKO

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 08:07:57 AM »
In my opinion the track "Cold World" is the best cut! This track really has a message... fucking dope!!!! :o

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 02:33:51 AM »
Damn good to see everyone was feeling this album, Criminal Set was the shit. Xzibit just needs to keep the production line up he had on this album and he's good
it's not a bad album, but i wish Dre was involved

terence chill

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 03:51:53 AM »
And this shit is dope, the production line up is amazing, Khalil, Hi Tek, Mr Poter, JR Rotem playing keys on a couple tracks, Battlecat, Rick Rock, Jellyroll, Timbaland

Xzibits really spitting on this album as well, and the Strong Arm Steady features are ill, dissapointed that the original group disbanded. I never really gave this album a chance but I'm glad I finally did, it all flows well together, and goes hard in a good system.

"Ride Or Die", "Tough Guy" "Judgement Day" "Klack" and "Beware of us" are all atleast 4/5 joints. The single was kinda corny, but that shit did pretty well when it came out. If you haven't heard this, you should give it a spin, the free DVD was all good too...

at the 1st time i heard X-Zibit - Weapons Of Mass Destruction i dont like but after listen and listen ti the album i found so many bomb tracks my favourites of the album
Hey Now (Mean Muggin) bomb timbaland production good party track
Judgement Day
Criminal Set
Crazy Ho (Feat. Butch Cassidy, Suga Free & Strong Arm Steady)
Scent Of A Woman (Feat. Dion)
and my absolute favouriote is
Back 2 The Way It Was for me best track on the album