Author Topic: get me into sumthing new plz!  (Read 226 times)

DPG4lyfe

get me into sumthing new plz!
« on: November 17, 2002, 11:47:55 PM »
get me into sumthing new i mean new kind of shyt like ppl that u like and shyt cuzz imma tell u who im really into right now, almsot every West Coast rapperz except Bay Area i aint really feeling there style.i got myself into Nas, Biggie, BTNH, and D12 Tha EAstsidaz got me into Mobb Deep by connected which mobb deep iz my 2nd favrite rapperz and Warren G got me into Crucial Conflict, so tell me about ppl u like and taht u are into and ill DL sum songz from then and if i really liek them ill buy there cd'z cuzz i really like getting into new kindz of rap so plz get me more into ppl cuzz i use to be jus STRICLY west coast and nuthin else but now i like listening to new stuff so plz help me. thanx for any help. im out!!!

Suga Foot

Re:get me into sumthing new plz!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 11:57:41 PM »
Try underground Westcoast music like Jurassic 5, Dialated Peoples, Swollen Members, Defari, Planet Asia, Pharcyde etc.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 11:58:24 PM by Suga Foot »

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 01:44:55 AM »
lol @ Dialated... I see people keep misspelling it coz Evidence says it like that on one track.

Check out  Self Scientific - The Self Science

u can peep snippets on their site www.selfscientific.com

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 02:06:05 AM »
Get into some aussie hip hop  8)

U should be able to find these on kazza:

Brad Strut: Toowong, Demolition Derby, Authentic, Love this.

Bias B: Melways, Rippa, Melbourne Madness, Hursty(remix of biggies Juicy), Hip Hop life.

Hilltop Hoods: 1979, Soul of the Beat, tolerance levels, the sentinal.

Or hit me up and i will hook u up. Trust me u should like it.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 02:08:07 AM by MC Jay-D »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2002, 10:12:22 AM »
Since you've put this topic in here i'm guessing you want to try something other than westcoast hip-hop, so here's a few recommendations from me;

Little Brother
Binky Fingers
(you can hear audio from these guys over at www.dijitalphonics.com)

Binary Star
Immortal Technique

Check them out for now, i'll try and think of some more for you, there's plenty of it out there  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 11:49:48 AM »
Check out Rahpael Saadiq's "Instant Vintage" for HOT beats and catchy verses.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 11:59:50 AM »
cormega-  tha realness an big l- lifestylez ov da poor an dagerous r 2 classic albums

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2002, 12:13:33 PM »
Yeah definately check out Cormega - Tha Realness cause that is a really dope album.

Also, download some Ras Kass (Nature of the Threat is an essential download), Dilated Peoples, Defari, and some Alkaholiks shit if you are looking for some good west coast stuff.

From the East definately check out Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, Mos Def, Big L and some Gangstarr stuff if you haven't already.

And if you wanna be really brave, check out some UK hiphop like Blak Twang (definately download So Rotten, its a classic), Rodney P, Ca$hino (if you like really hyped rappers in the MOP mould), and 57th Dynasty.

S.G.V.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2002, 01:56:28 PM »
look for Project Blowed...that can be any C.V.E., A-Team, Freestyle Fellowship, Aceyalone, Mikah 9, Rifleman, Abstract Rude, Bus Driva, Cali Ragi, P.E.A.C.E., NgaFish track...extended family like 2Mex, Xololanxinco aint a bad choice either....

look for Swisha House...that can be Paul Wall, Chamillion, Sabwarfare, Slim Thug(tho hes gone now),  Ron C, Freestyle Kingz, Boss Hawg Outlawz, Lil Mario, Michael Watts, Big Tiger track...real tight south hip hop...lots of freestyles

look for TechN9ne and the Rogue Dog Villains...anything u can find from them is real tight....

ive recomended them before...Dayton Family...all three of their albums are bangers...damn near all underground classics...Shoestring solo is hard...Ghetto Es solo is real tight...and Bootlegs two solos are off the hook...some stand out Dayton tracks are: Weed Song, Dope Dayton Ave(their first song), Player Haters, FBI and Stick N Move...ive hooked up a few peeps with these songs...so get at me on aim if u want some of these....

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2002, 02:13:21 PM »
hmm.. i recommend:

Athletic Mic League
for songs i'd check "Lyrictricity" or "Hip-Hop Quotables"

older group but...

Blackmoon.
"I Gotcha Open Remix"
"Who Got The Props"
"Buck Em Down Remix"

Masta Ace
"Block Episodes"
"Enuff"
"Acknowledge" (best diss track in a long while)

Pep Love
"T.A.M.I."
"Livin Is Beautiful"
"Pacific Heights"

K-Os
"Rise Like The Sun"
"Heaven Only Knows Remix"

The Roots
"Clones"
"Concerto Of The Desperado"
"My Mellow My Man"
"100% Dundee"

J-Live
"Like This Anna"
"Them Thats Not"
"The Best Part"
"Yes"

Non-Phixion
"Rock Stars"
"The CIA Is Trying To Kill Me"
"If You Got Love"
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2002, 02:23:30 PM »
I dunno wot other people hav sed.. Couldnt be bothered 2 read it all lol

Check:

Dilated Peoples - Work The Angles, Ear Drums Pop, Right On (feat the liks)
Jurassic 5 - Whats Golden & Thin Line
Swollen Members - Breathe, Fuel Injected, Bad Dreams

Jus a cople of tracks im feelin rite now.. also peep some Tech N9ne shit.. and if u aint heard of em.. A rap duo in the UK: Mark B & Blade.. they shit is hard 2 get ahold of.. (orgional anyways) i keep gettin all these shitty rock versions.. check 'Dont See The Signs'

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2002, 02:32:37 PM »
damn alot of these ppl i never heard of but im not really looking for west coast rap cuzz i wanna explore more kinds of rap but ill look into these ppl and dl sum songz. im out!!!

plz post more.

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2002, 02:33:15 PM »
damn alot of these ppl i never heard of but im not really looking for west coast rap cuzz i wanna explore more kinds of rap but ill look into these ppl and dl sum songz. im out!!!

plz post more.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2002, 04:13:13 PM »
I recommend:

M.O.P - Check out their classic release "Warriorz"
I read THIS review once, and thought they were too hyped, but they wasn't..

Pharoahe Monch - One of the top MC's in the U.S. IMO. He's mad lyrical though, so if U don't like Ras Kass, U might not like him.

50 Cent - If U liked his tracks on 8 Mile OST, then you'll love some of the tracks circulating on the net. He coulda released a classic if he gathered the right material. Right now I got 50 tracks by him.

Capone 'N' Noreaga - Check them out..

Method Man & Redman - Check the CD "Blackout" - dope shit.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2002, 06:35:28 PM »
AZ - Doe Or Die
DMX - It's Dark And Hell Is Hot
Big Punisher - Capital Punishment
Capone N Noreaga - The War Report