Author Topic: Hip hop & Kids  (Read 376 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: Hip hop & Kids
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »
LOL at this thread. Its not like my mom came to me and gave me the Coolio tape and told me to listen to "Gangsters Paradise."

I found that shit myself when i was like 8 years old.

With all the new technology these days kids that are 10 have cell phones n shit. Kids can introduce themselves into what music they want to listen to easier these days.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 08:33:32 PM »
LOL at this thread. Its not like my mom came to me and gave me the Coolio tape and told me to listen to "Gangsters Paradise."

With all the new technology these days kids that are 10 have cell phones n shit. Kids can introduce themselves into what music they want to listen to easier these days.

Good point. Since none of us listen to the same music as our parents, why the fuck would our kids?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 12:11:16 AM »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »

at a certain age, yeah they do their own thing; but when they are 8 years old, the only music they are bumpin' is what is on the radio & that is usually controlled by the parents driving the car when the kid is so young.

parents do have influence on what the kids listen to at a young age.

i mean, older siblings could introduce it too & then they bump some NWA lol.

but i like the point how we don't listen to our parents music; truth is, the next generation won't listen to rap, it's obvious the mainstream & what gets bought is straying away from what was "real rap".

in a few years autotune will get old, somebody will come up with a new gimmick & they will jump to that.

ikke

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 02:07:45 AM »
Every kid starts getting into either the music their parents like or popular music at around 8 years old.
A couple of years later they all start developing their own music taste.

The reason all this 'wack' hip hop is so popular now is because most of these kids haven't heard real hip hop as comparison.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 03:27:26 AM »
never

Yeah, prolly never. I'll even monitor what they listen to on the radio. Not all genres are PG.

ikke

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 04:49:36 AM »
never

Yeah, prolly never. I'll even monitor what they listen to on the radio. Not all genres are PG.
That's going to backfire at you.
Forbid them to listen to something and they start liking it more than when they would listen to it normally on the radio.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
Every kid starts getting into either the music their parents like or popular music at around 8 years old.
A couple of years later they all start developing their own music taste.

The reason all this 'wack' hip hop is so popular now is because most of these kids haven't heard real hip hop as comparison.

well this generation of parents, for the most part, didn't grow up on Hip Hop.

40-50 year old people, weren't bumpin' Pac when it came out.

that's why 13-14 year old kids came across guys like Wayne & shit & thought it was unreal.

plus it has more of a modern sound & swag is the new way to bag bitches; which i fall victim too myself. ;)

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »
my parents listened to like elton john, rod stewart and other types of rock for fuck sakes.

It had no affect on me what so ever.  Although i can jam out to a little stewart here and there sometimes.

Kids are going to listen to whatever they want. Period.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »
I know for damn sure I'm not introducing a kid to hardcore shit....if they find it on their own then that's one thing.

But there's clean raps that I'm cool with, as long as the language and the subject matter is cool.

JAZ

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 04:33:02 PM »
we shouldnt let kids isten to rap. we should let the genre die. kinda like classic music, en country just keep it available for the niche.

moe

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 04:49:39 PM »
we shouldnt let kids isten to rap. we should let the genre die.