Author Topic: Halladay Talks Heating Up Again  (Read 168 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halladay Talks Heating Up Again
« on: November 25, 2009, 05:54:32 AM »
Red Sox making strong push for Roy Halladay

The Boston Globe reports the Red Sox are attempting to acquire Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay before the winter meetings, which begin Dec. 7.

According to baseball sources, Toronto is expected to ask for righthander Clay Buchholz and minor league righthander/shortstop Casey Kelly in exchange for Halladay. The 20-year-old Kelly was Boston's first-round pick in 2008 and posted a 2.08 ERA in 2009. He hit just .222, however.

With Halladay available, plenty of teams have shown interest, including the Red Sox, Angels and Yankees in the American League. The Mets and Dodgers are could get into the mix.

Halladay, who will be a free agent after the season, has a no-trade clause and might demand a contract extension from any team attempting to trade for him. He went 17-10 with a 2.79 ERA, nine complete games and four shutouts this past season.

Angels shopping for Halladay; Dodgers a 'long shot'

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Angels have resumed their pursuit of Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay.

Los Angeles was among several teams that attempted to acquire Halladay before this past season's July 31 nonwaiver trading deadline, but the righthander finished the season with Toronto.

The newspaper reported new Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopolous likely will ask the Angels for a package that includes a young starting pitcher, perhaps Jered Weaver, Joe Saunders or Ervin Santana. The Angels continue to negotiate with free agent righthander John Lackey as well, though it is believed Lackey will price himself out of the Angels' range.

Meanwhile, a source told the Los Angeles Times that the Dodgers are a "long shot" to trade for Halladay. The Blue Jays reportedly would ask for righthander Chad Billingsley in the Halladay trade, and Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti isn't willing to part with him.

"We would like to improve our pitching, especially the starting pitching," Colletti told the newspaper. "I don't believe we can subtract from it in order to improve it."

Hopefully with all these teams in the mix the price really goes up for him and hopefully the Jays' new GM doesn't fuck this up.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Halladay Talks Heating Up Again
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:13:45 AM »
I hope so; we'd be able to get more for him now then during the next trade deadline.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »
well no chance phils get him since we got lee, hamels better be in 08 form for 2010!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
the Yankees should make the push. 8)

the ghost

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 03:39:52 PM »

This.  Plus take some of Vernon wells off of their books.  He has a chance to hit again , plus his D is still there.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 03:42:58 PM »

This.  Plus take some of Vernon wells off of their books.  He has a chance to hit again , plus his D is still there.

yeah, maybe his hitting struggles will change with a change of scenery. ;D 8)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 04:06:06 PM »

Maybe in LF or somewhere else but he's a cancer in CF. 
Here are major league center fielders sorted by Ultimate Zone Rating:

Here range is terrible where he had a Range Runs Above Average of -20.9  It wasn't only his bat killing the Jays in 2009. 

the ghost

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »
Wow I didn't know his D fell off that bad, I thought he won a few gold gloves out there?  i know GG's dont really mean shit but still.  Maybe we are better with Gardner in CF then.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 12:19:29 PM »
Halladay to the Dodgers for:  Billingsley, Ethan Martin (first round pick in 08), and two mid level prospects.

then the dodgers sign lackey and resign wolf

Halladay
Lackey
Kershaw
Kuroda
Wolf

it seems reasonable...too bad the dodgers dont want to spend this offseason (halladay extension, lackey..etc).

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »
Halladay to the Dodgers for:  Billingsley, Ethan Martin (first round pick in 08), and two mid level prospects.

then the dodgers sign lackey and resign wolf

Halladay
Lackey
Kershaw
Kuroda
Wolf

it seems reasonable...too bad the dodgers dont want to spend this offseason (halladay extension, lackey..etc).
pedilla?